Tuesday Ta Dah PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: Tuesday Ta Dah PWYC

Postby Harmony » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:42 pm

LadyM, DH's nephew had a job once where he had to climb down into some sort of tanks and wash them. I don't remember what it was all about. He did that for a few weeks then he quit. Just couldn't do it. And he was a grown man by that time, newly married I think. Anyway, I give your DSon credit for trying something hard like that. I remember my feeling in the 'tunnel' getting an MRI one time. NOT pleasant. I threw up in the car all the way home afterward.

I went out and watered. I have some ideas for the plants. For the first time I can have a flower garden right at the house. I'm going to move some of the bulbs into that spot too; a friend had given me some bulbs that are like my orange ones, but these have big double and triple red huge flowers if they're in the sun. The place I put them gets no sun and they don't do well. So I'm moving them next. I took my coffee grounds and chopped up egg shells to put around the base of a couple plants. That's supposed to be good for them, I 'm not sure about it, but so far it hasn't done any damage!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:00 pm

another break. The screening people are almost done on the porch. They work fast. They will need to come back to do a threshold under the door. The concrete slopes off so it sheds water and that leaves a small gap under the door. The dh doesn't want any bugs getting in, LOL.

Ta Dahs to screen people, and the guy is also here laying tile around the fireplace.

I got sheets back on guest bedroom bed, dusted more downstairs. While dusting the bookcase by the garage door that has been blocked by furniture, I did the filing and purged placemats and a table runner. I also purged masks and moved them into the vacated letter box that I emptied earlier. It looks decorative on the bookcase, instead of the plastic box I was using.

I am going to do some planning next round too. I think my focus will be errands/groceries tomorrow, cooking brisket and cheese cake on Thursday, and Friday for other cleaning and stuff. Of course, errands won't take all day tomorrow and cooking won't take all day on Thursday.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:23 pm

I had brat's and Zatarain rice planned for lunch but when it became time to start cooking it I am not inspired to make it. DH and I decided to get Subway. DH volunteered to make the 10+ mile drive to pick it up. I keep a list of everyone's favorites so I gave that to DH so he will know what to order. I called DS12 and he will be home for lunch.

Yesterday I had left home before DS12 got home from his work. He was waiting for me in the living room when I got home from my party. DS12 wanted to talk about his day with me. It's not that he doesn't have other people to talk to, DS12 spends at least an hour a day talking to DGS14, plus several friends he talks to almost every day. DS46 was the same way when he was growing up. He used me as a sounding board to talk through things almost every day. That lasted until he was almost 30 years old, then he got married and his wife became his confidant.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:32 pm

Went to a local grocery store and got all the makings for Chinese food. Some is from the freezer section, some other stuff from the meat and produce sections and some from the International foods aisle.

Sweet and sour pork, chicken balls, mild chicken pad Thai and fried rice. I got some water chestnuts to fry in with the rice for texture. I also got a bag of Funyuns. There is a company that makes them up here now. (An American company.)
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:53 pm

More ta dahs, I am making progress. Folded laundry and put away. Made grocery list assuming I'll make the brisket and keto cheesecake that dh likes. Made a note to ask dh about getting some supplies for lunches and breakfasts. I assume he will make omelets one morning so I put green peppers and mushrooms on the list.

Screen people are done, but left a lot of metal shards in their wake. Dh mopped the porch on Saturday but it needed sweeping well from the metal shards and dust, sand, dirt, pollen and who knows what else. I will finish that this time around.

I need to get car loaded for tomorrow - old dog beds to transfer station, donation things in car, and glass and corrugated for recycling. That will facilitate getting out of the house and actually doing those jobs tomorrow.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:04 pm

Hi everyone! I am very happy with the job that Elizabeth's Own Plumbing company did on the leaking faucet. It turned out to be a Delta faucet, which I have written down for future reference. Elizabeth's Own Maid Service was a no-show except for the laundry worker who didn't fold and put away anything. Elizabeth's Own Travel Service did get me signed up for membership in the RV club and did some chores on the Denver trip. More of that tonight. Here is a secret for lucylee: the plumbing company is really based on web searches. Good thing because they won't be in your area until September!

I got most of a long deferred work project done (has to be by the end of month). There are many other projects needing my attention, but that was worrying me. I have to put the changes into an automated procedure after lunch, but that will be basically cut and paste.

I am disappointed in my lunchtime reading material. Our heroine was a dolt withing the first three pages. When given a mission, one should pay attention rather than meander off into boring daydreams about one's husband! Of course, she is a ghost, so can never be killed by the murderer she is supposed to track down. And when you can simply disappear and reappear (or not) wherever and whenever you want, it does minimize danger.

Kudos to LadyMaverick for not giving DS12 a lecture on positivity and fake peachy attitudes as the solution to working under houses. Realism is a far better thing.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:24 pm

(((Rose)))

(((Twins)))

(((LadyM's ds))) I still think he deserves a BIG POTB! He was very brave to attempt the work on his own, and it is a huge sign of the owner's confidence in him to allow that... BUT... noooo, no shame in saying enough is enough.

Harmony, sounds like your yard is really getting pretty! WTG!

Cathy, we may have fish tonight and mine will take on a sorta Oriental-style. We get the fried rice with shrimp in it, and I add soy sauce to mine, and it is a reasonable facsimile of the Japanese steakhouses. DGS wants to eat supper with us. A year or so ago, he would not even TRY fish, and now he LOVES it like this. I may be taking him to ball practice if ds isn't home in time, and if so, we will eat later and let him eat supper with us.

LOL at Elizabeth's warning of a delay in working on my house! :lol: Gosh... I need Lucy's Own Carpenters and Lucy's Own Roofers and Lucy's Own Painters and Lucy's Own Vinyl Siding and Lucy's Own Sheetrock... there is just no end to what needs done here at this 35-yr-old house, and I think dh is just so overwhelmed by it all that right now he cannot deal with getting started on it.

Right now Lucy's Maid and Laundry Service needs to get to work, but dh is sorta having a meltdown on a ddil issue (J&C) and I don't want to do anything to upset Mr. Sheldon Monk. If I tell him I'm doing laundry, he will be Just Like Monk -- well... don't wash those pants... no, let me give you these... can you wait till I get in the shower and you can have this shirt... :roll: sigh.
Tomorrow is another day.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:18 pm

Those slacker maids did get something done over lunch - some cleanup in the kitchen and some folding and putting away. There are still many things left. Terrible maids, but they do work cheap. Of course, I had to feed them lunch.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:24 pm

Hmmm....guess I DIDN'T post earlier as I thought. Been busy every since I got up. Got the kitchen cleaned and did a load of my laundry (all the way to putting it away).

At least for the time being I've gone back to using real index cards instead of my computer. I was just getting bored I think. Seem to be getting more done at any rate. Ordered 300 white ones from A River yesterday and they're supposed to be here today. Got my tasks sorted by colors again. Will have to record what I'm doing so I can duplicate up north -sure not taking all the cards with me.

The vet called dd yesterday afternoon and wanted her to try to get another urine sample from DBiscuit. Seems he found lots of bacteria and blood in her urine from the former 'catch'. Wants to be sure. Dsonil said earlier that dd plans to buy health insurance for DBiscuit as it seems this is something that is going to be going on for some time. Sure she'll tell me when she gets home.

Dsonil's Dr had him come in for an impromptu visit this morning. He's been having spells of feeling faint, spots in front of his eyes, etc. Dr said his BP is fine sitting or lying down but as soon as he stands it plummets. So he's cut him back on his BP med. Dsonil asked to use my BP machine when he gets home tonight. I'll just set to the 'other user'. Dr wants him to monitor for a bit. I came across some good Diabetes info today and think I'll copy it for DSonil. It will help if dd looks through it too.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:31 pm

Glad that Elizabeth is whipping her slacker maids into shape! :lol: :lol: And proud of the plumbing job too!

I went for a Home Depot run - I thought we decided on a white ceiling fan for the porch, and when they opened it to install, it wasn't white. So I got it in my car and went to HD to swap, but called dh about it, and he knew it was brown (woodgrain) and thought that looked better. So I stopped at Sonic and got an unsweet tea with a shot of lemonade and came back home.

Lucylee, my dh has been pretty OCD about this construction. Part of the reason I was sweeping was to get rid of evidence that they had chipped a brick putting in a bolt, part of the reason was that it really really needed it.

I'm breaking and will start again at :15 before the hour. Not feeling as overwhelmed...

I wonder if Elizabeth's own appliance repair could fix our Keurig? I don't use it, too wasteful in IMHO but dh won one as a door prize years ago and uses it.

Return to “Post When You Can”