Wednesday PWYC - Anti Procrastination?

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: Wednesday PWYC - Anti Procrastination?

Postby CathyS » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:16 am

It took me almost 4 months to move dolder cat's pillow from our bed where she slept almost every night. I still have the pillow, but it's not on the bed any more.

Maids are here doing their thing. Dh has an oil change to do at 1 and then we are going to get hamburger meat because it's on sale for $2.99 pound and dh wants to stock up.

It's overcast here and we are expecting a storm.

Supper tonight will be Ham burger Helper, the stroganoff one. Not our favourite, but we bought some, so we have to use it up.

Edited because I don't know how the heck I put the wrong "their" there. :oops:
Last edited by CathyS on Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:16 pm

(((d Cathy))) I still have our sweet kitties toy. (((much love to you)))

d lady - I think a banana split sounds marvelous (so cute)

(((d twins))) it sounds like you are not ready yet. it's okay not to be ready.

hello d rose

hello d Nancy

I will have to stop working outside - body is still weak but I am trying!!! it doesn't l look like I made a dent out in the weed patch (lol that's what it became) - next time I think I will take a picture before working.

dh did the few dishes in the dw.
now for put away outside, lunch and then shower
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:12 pm

I can't stitch today... the cats have decided to curl up together to sleep. They rarely do that, so I am leaving them be.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:44 pm

Groc. Store run done.
Got a watch that is not running have to take it back sigh oh well, might need a battery but the no longer do that because of cv-19.
Added a song to my list "When Love Broke Through". Really touched me on the way home it was on the radio.
Got my Rx.
I am resting tired after yesterday.
Cotton wood trees are putting off fluff ugh!
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:03 pm

Grocery store run finished here too. I didn't get out when I wanted because the guy showed up to grout the tile, and the project mgr who was going to be here hadn't gotten here either. I walked through Tar-jay in addition to picking up the order, and went through the car wash across the street. I hadn't wanted to wash my car because the pollen is so bad it just gets another coat, but it seemed a good time to do it. We're on the downswing and I know I hadn't washed it in the month of April.

The dumpster for glass wasn't at the recycling center, and I couldn't take dropping off dog things at the shelter either. They had a sign "by appointment only" so I figured I should call and check in first anyway.

I'm going to listen in on a group zoom discussion while I work on Dining room.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:09 pm

TADA!! We now have a 5th grader and an 8th grader!
*** Phew*** I am so very thankful and glad to have this school year over with. It has been a 2C (Covid & Charter) challenge for sure!

After DD9 finished her state test we went to Sam's to fill up with gas ($2.39 a gallon), got DH prescription from the pharmacy, and bought the 21 items on Alexas shopping list. Then we went to get DD9 treat. I brought home 20 cheeseburgers from there, so there should be some available for a day or two.

I tried to talk myself into shopping for doors and windows but there was nothing but a negative response. I don't want to go shopping. Maybe I can do it all online? hum.....
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:30 pm

I'm TRYING to knock out some long-procrastinated tasks, I really am, but the first two people won't answer their phones! :P

First one was doctor's office. They are at lunch now. I need to make an appt for my "wellness check-up." I believe it saves me $50 per month on my insurance costs, and last year the insurance company waived the requirement. So it has been 2 years since I had one.

Second phone call was to our friend who collects and recycles aluminum cans. We have THREE large garbage bags full, and I'm kinda concerned that we haven't heard from her in the length of time it takes to get this many. She is 86 years old and not in the best of health. But all I could do was leave a voice msg on her phone.

Third order of business here was to * eek! * make hotel reservations and help dh order Braves tickets for next month. Not at all sure I'm ready for this, but I'm not going to put a damper on dh's enthusiasm. "Whither thou goest, I will go," I guess... (Yes, I know Ruth said that to her dmil, NOT her dh... y'all think my ddil will ever show that sort of loyalty to me? :lol:)

The rest of the plan for today is to complete the WHB vacuuming in the master bedroom/bath and cook supper for us and dgrands. We invited them to eat with us because dgs loves my oven baked fish so much.

I certainly hope I enjoy it more than I did the chicken I had last night! It wasn't the chicken's fault -- it's my vitamins.
I take the following -- 1 per day --
One A Day Energy
Probio Slim (pkg recommends two/daily)
B-12
Calcium w/D
Magnesium
Fiber (Wmart brand "Fiber Therapy) (pkg recommends up to 12/daily).

If I have not eaten a lot at breakfast, I will always get a little nauseated after the first three, and often leave the last three till supper time. Last night, I had a chicken breast, onions and peppers, a small ear of corn on the cob, and two stuffed potato skins. Then I took all six vitamins/supplements immediately after supper. Oooohhhh... bad decision... bad, bad decision... I got sooo, sooo sick. I actually went out in the YARD and threw up! Ugh... I was standing by the back door, doing laundry, and ugh... I just thought I better go -- quick!

Today, I have eaten a banana, 6 pb crackers, 8-10 crackers with 2 slices of Swiss cheese, and a granola bar. Oh -- and probably 8 oz water, Harriet! I just took the first three and I'll try the last three after supper.
I think I do feel better when I take these supplements, but I hate having to keep eating until I have enough in there to absorb them, I guess. I mean -- I love to snack, of course, but this is like desperation-eating till I'm not nauseated anymore.

Oh well... leaving THAT pleasant picture in your minds, I will try to move on with my day...

Cathy & Twins -- (((HUGS))) -- our dog's collar and all his rabies tags are still hanging at the back door. He's been gone 15 years, I think.
Cathy, that is a sweet picture in my mind, your cats curled up together sleeping. :D

YAY for LadyM's dgd, who definitely earned her banana split!!! Enjoy your summer break!!!
:shock: FIFTH grade and EIGHTH grade??? Oh. My. Goodness. HOW did this happen so quickly???

Blessed, you are doing sooo great -- but remember to rest and recuperate! I worry that you are pushing yourself too hard sometimes.

Glad you're feeling better, Rose!

Nancy, as always, your posts are very inspiring! You just always seem to be up and at 'em and I can only imagine how overwhelming some of this has seemed for you over the past year. You are doing GREAT!

Speaking of journaling and planning -- did y'all see my post late one night last week, I think? Well... that Prayerful Planner is nice, but it's not ME. So I am back to my 5x8 Mead spiral notebook. I fold the page in half and lay out the WEEK OF like this: (with the zone I'm in at the top of the page)
Column 1 is M-Sun... I have 4 spaces per day, except for Sat/Sun, and I don't need much there anyway. 4 spaces is good for the top priorities or appts of any day. I did NOT need the full column with hourly spots that the PP allowed.
Column 2 is for the "need to do" "don't forget" stuff that doesn't have to be done any certain time, but which I want to remember for SOMETIME during the week. (Making doctor's appt and calling dfriend, for example.) I also had space to put some reminders for EVERY DAY don't forget things, like "15 min in zone," etc.
This is all I need. The PP lays out a whole week in a two page spread, so there are 7 columns for the days, plus one more that is there for stuff like my "need to do's" -- and then the bottom half of the page is there for extra notes, habit trackers, etc... but it is just too much. All those lines and narrow columns just don't "fit" ME right. I can still decorate and color and highlight to my heart's content in a spiral notebook. Or not.
Two neat columns, where I can write in my normal (large) handwriting is just perfect for me and I do fervently hope I can refrain from buying any more planners!!! * sheesh *

After my weekly page, I will use the next 6-7 pages for Bible journaling and gratitude, etc, with my prayer list in the back as I was doing before.
WHY do I always think I can improve on a good system??? I will never understand.

Also, in the spirit of anti-procrastination, I am setting a goal to do ONE of the "need to do's" every day. It's Wednesday, and so far, so good, this week.

~~~
:?: ONE MORE QUESTION --
Did any of you have any suggestions of where to find dressy pants and tops , suitable for a wedding guest at a casual/outdoor wedding?
Are leopard print sandals still stylish? What about multi-color gemstones? I'll try to find a link to the shoes I'm looking at. Can't find anything without linking y'all directly to my a-river account. :roll:
AND ONE MORE --
DXsisil says get dniece Tar-jay gift card for grad. We want to get her something she can keep. I know she won't have time to read as a new intern, but dh thinks these two books are good ideas -- one is kinda funny, the other (hopefully) kinda useful.
Everything Will Be Okay: Life Lessons for Young Women (from a Former Young Woman) by Dana Perino
The Sawbones Book: The Hilarious, Horrifying Road to Modern Medicine by Justin McElroy
Tomorrow is another day.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:49 pm

We went to the small grocery store in the falls that had the hamburger on sale. The parking lot was full and the lineup to get in was long and it was raining, so dh turned around and we came home.

We plan on going back in the morning. They open at 8, so we will most likely be there before 9. Heck, we might even be there at 8.

Dh also wants to take some stuff to the dump.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:52 pm

I have mowed the back yard.

LucyL thank you.
I bought another disc bound planner with prompts by Happy Planner, I used my
Other one up. Found at W-mart in the journal section they have two versions,
one is the Go After Your Dreams one.
The other one is Find What Makes your Heart Smile, I think I changed out covers on some...
it was plan a happy life [discontinued] after they are gone it looks like.
One is a on goal setting setting I think. I think they have helped.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:31 pm

I'm taking a break until 4:30 then will set timer and work to :15 after the hour. I have all of the books out of the Dining room, not all back on bookshelves but but moved around. DH left our very heavy coffee table in front of one of the bookcases so it wouldn't be in the tile guy's way. I can probably move it and get access, tho.

My house is so light filled I don't feel like I need all the lights on in the great room now, at least on a nice day. And the windows face south so it will be nice in the winter when there is less day light.

I pulled out some books that were duplicates. We still have a bunch of DVDs and CDs etc. I'm going to let dh decide what to do with those. As far as I'm concerned they can go to the yard sale...

Lucylee, I don't know what dressy means for you. JJill has some nice dresses and has frequent 30% off (and more) sales. I saw your comment about the planner and started to start some planner talk when you posted. I'm using a disc bound planner with dividers and lined pages to do bullet journal style, although I don't do all the other decorative stuff. I have several lists going in it, there's room for extra lists and taking notes on more than the daily page. I don't like being limited or not using pages. Sometimes I use two or three pages daily, sometimes 1/3 a page. I can take a month of so out and I keep those in an older binder.

Nancy, can you drive and pull the trailer? Like Elizabeth when she started with her trailer, I'd be taking out things right and left every time I made a turn.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”