No Theme Thursday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

No Theme Thursday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:24 am

It's No Theme Thursday. No imagination here, just trying to get it together and keep it together!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: No Theme Thursday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:55 am

I needed to start this so I could write and think out loud.

DH can't get his TV working like it was and it's killing him. He can get Netflix and Amazon but apparently the "remote for the Roku stick won't pair with it," so it doesn't work to get network channels and stuff like he did. He went out twice last night trying to get parts/gadgets and was just beside himself about it, so I had no access to him to ask him to help me deal with some of the decisions and move things and deal with his stuff. Thankfully, dd came over around 7 to see the porch and talk and she helped me. She was still here at 9:30 (she did a round of troubleshooting on the Roku/remote issue too) and ended up just spending the night upstairs on the day bed in the bonus room where my office is. I provided her with my kindle that I take to the beach and she was happily reading.

I have nothing on my calendar, thankfully. Today is cooking a brisket and cheesecake and continuing with quest to get the house together and somewhat clean and dust free. The dining room is together except for a few things. I'd like to do more dusting in there but I should prioritize and do other areas. The great room is somewhat together, probably as together as it will be for now, but needs dusting and cleaning. The kitchen and breakfast area have clutter and cleaning needed. Upstairs I still need to do some cleaning in MBR.

I think plan is to get cheese cake going first, and later, the brisket. And do a.m. routine and cleaning along the way. I'm at the point the garage is going to have to hold some "stash and dash" things.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:16 am

I did the dishes first thing was up to see the sunrise at 5:30 that felt like sleeping in! :mrgreen: LOL!
Had interesting dreams is is fasaniting. Had some coffee took first Rx for the morning, fed the dog.
I am happy with the progress of streamlining the stuff here in the basement and various
rooms as I did the zones it is helpful to take stock and look at the progress I have made this far.

The hitch mounted jack with wheels needs to be measured first and will need to be installed.
I think I will take a picture of it with a tape measure before I do anything.
Dson suggested plywood under it to help move it on grass or gravel,
and to be sure to have blocks on the wheels.
Ty Ramblin!

Thurs. is my writing day.
Some weeks it is knitting group.
I need to rake up the grass in the back yard.

Qt x
Journal x
Bfast next up
Sort laundry .
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:48 am

Morning...

Nancy... I am pretty impressed with your driving skills and I too had a very interesting dream last night.

I hope to have a good day blessing my home. I bought a new steam cleaner for my tile and am planning on using it today. I usually do my laundry on Fridays but since I’ll be around today may do it now instead.

So in no particular order...

Get dressed... that is first
Laundry
Office
Vacuum
Steam the floors
Water my flowers
Clean and vacuum my car

Need to finish my coffee and get started
See you later alligator :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:09 am

waving at all of you... No theme works for me today bc my brain is scattered 8-) so I have to choose something.

see you soon
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:16 am

no theme, lol.

John Banner as Sargent Shultz saying, "I have NO THEME, NO THEME," with a big sigh at the end, eyes closed.

Our yard needs mowing, branches pickup up first, but insects... .. hmmm...

I didn't tell that I rode over with dd to see the outside of the apt she and K will move into in early June. Very pleasant place. I took an exterior photo that had an azalea still pinkish with bloom. There's a magnolia right outside dd's bedroom. It is the upper floor (K insisted - hates noise above her head) so moving in will be two flights of stairs, but they don't have much to move anyway.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:25 am

Good Morning!

We are trying to find our summer schedule. I'm just letting things happen for now and will try to capture what & when along the way.

Last night's church was very good. The all-church meal was baked potato with toppings. Then I went to a Vacation Bible School planning meeting which was well attended. Then I went to my first time attending a class taught by the previous pastor. WOW is he a good teacher! That time just fly by because it was so interesting. During the month of May, I will be in charge of the nursery so I'm sorta sad to find this great class because I will miss attending it.

DS12 started the dialogue with me last night about not attending camp this year. He wants to skip camp so he can work that week in June. I'm firm on wanting him to experience normal kid stuff and am saying NO to him working that week. I'm sure this will be discussed more in the near future.

I"m thinking about what goals I will be working on next month. Two more days and it will be here!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:53 am

I remember that delicious feeling of being off for the summer, LadyM!

I made an executive decision and made a dinner reservation for Saturday night for us to take friends out. First place had no availability for Saturday night, second had stopped taking reservations, and I didn't have a chance to talk to dh about it last night.

I ended up getting the brisket in the oven because I had forgotten to take the butter and cream cheese out to soften.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:03 am

Oh how I need to write a thought down as soon as I "think" it. Was writing over in "Vaccine" and thought of something -by the time I got over here, it was GONE!

Yesterday was opening day at our campground for permanent members. First time EVER (at least that we remember & we've been going since 2002) that opening day was in the middle of the week. They would have opened sooner except the Board of Health had to do their inspection first -which was Monday. Had a glowing report. Only had 1 'infraction'. A backflow valve was not put back on and it's something dh forgot to do. BUT that being said, they had to find 'something' and this was a good 'forget'. Actually until last year there was never a back flow valve in this particular spot. If they'd inspected earlier camp would have opened. As it is dh says there's about 16 contractors staying in their campers on the 'dog pond'. They've been there for at least a couple of weeks. They're putting in some kind of gas pipeline. Some stayed there last year. Cheaper than renting apartments for hem.
Dh said the opening went the smoothest ever. Think it was mainly because campers weren't lined up back to the road waiting to get in at 9 o'clock. Opening mid-week is a good plan in our estimation.

Slept absolutely horribly last night -less than 3 hours. Never went to sleep until at least 4am. Had thought about going to Trivia tonight with dd but think I'm going to be too tired. I usually head to bed around 8 and am settled by 9.

Dsonil went back to his dr this morning to get his blood pressure checked. Think he said it was 120/74 when he checked at 10 last night (when he got home from work). Saw our Pastor there. Said he saw "Carl" and I thought he meant the guy who used to live at his Mom's house -no our Pastor who is "Chuck". :?

Had snacks last night before bed and some chocolate during the night, still BS was only 67 this morning. But I ate enough yesterday that my weight was up 1#. Hoping my Dr has some answers in June. Once I get home it's going to be pretty non-stop medical appointments I'm afraid. But, considering last visits were in October, guess it's okay. That is if we don't count my 1 trip to urgent care and 2 to ER. :(

So glad Lady M can look ahead to 'time off'. And glad that your DD9 is through with this 'pandemic school' and can return to B&M in the fall.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:14 am

I forgot and need to add to my list...

Vacuum garage floor. Sounds weird, but I undress there when I come home from the horses and there’s hay I need to get rid of. Don’t want to track it into the house.

I put the car in the driveway when I vacuum it so it’s no biggy to do the floor.....

Proof!!!!
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Post When You Can”