No Theme Thursday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: No Theme Thursday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:19 am

I am so achy in the hips. I really need to get in the habit of doing the PT exercises again. Just took ibuprofen. I'm going to set timer to start at :30 after hour and start on what I do on weekly cleaning, with priority to the "public" spaces.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:54 am

Some stuff done dishes x
Washer twins going x
Hand wash x
Sewed a seam.
Bfast x
Dreaded x

Working on Daily tasks.
Walked ddog.
More laundry.
Swishing done.
Lunch & dish x
Finished a knit dish cloth.

Started another dish cloth did one point.
Last load of laundry us on the dryer now. Yea!
I do not have to go anywhere today yea!
I have been looking at jacks under to w behind rigs, utiliy trailers, boats etc. on my walk.
Trimmed my bangs.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:17 pm

First round done. Drinking water and breaking.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:31 pm

I cooked a cast iron skillet of brats, bell peppers & onions. I also boiled a dozen eggs to have in the refrigerator. The HB eggs are used as a quick snack or breakfast.

DH is checking on his DMom. He dreads going to his Mom's house while DAunt is here because she dominates the conversation and the topic is all about her. DH is counting the days until he takes DAunt back to the airport....20 more days.

DH encouraged me to find a good book to read and zone out with it. Maybe I will. It doesn't appeal to me right now.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:31 pm

I’m following Twins...

Break time and water. Clean and vacuumed out the car and the garage. Three loads of wash done, horse clothes are washing.

Need to fold a load and then think I’ll attack my office. I’m on a roll and want to keep on going ... I still need to clean out my “horse bag”. One holds my lunch and waters and the other holds my wallet, sunscreen and such.

Poof....
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:43 pm

Dh brought a tall coworker home at lunchtime to show him the screened porch and get his help hanging art higher. :roll: I might give myself a slightly longer break because they were underfoot. I have the foyer, powder room and dining room "company ready" except for vacuuming the rugs. I dusted both bookcases and the coffee table in the great room as I was putting things away yesterday. Next is doing the floor in the great room - there's dust and other spots that will come up, but need attention.

So I'm continuing cleaning at :15 before the hour.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:02 pm

I experienced a sad moment when I sat down for lunch because I stopped myself from setting a timer. I'm determined to just go with the flow and do whatever. I think a break from a schedule is good once in a while. My problem is that I like having a schedule so I'm fighting with myself to not use one.

Lunch included a piece of Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Pie. That sweet used up a third of my calories for the day but it was totally worth it IMHO.

DS12 new life skill lesson this morning is how to use a grinder to get rid of nails. He is the go-fer assistant in modifying part of a home to add a barbershop to it.
Last edited by LadyMaverick on Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1. Know what you want.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:05 pm

I'm itching to just sit and read my book I have started. LadyM, maybe I'll be reading with you.

I'm still in catch-up theme from yesterday. For the first time in days I got my desk cleared off. Paid that big statement. Brought in yesteday's laundry and folded that up. Dailies mostly done. Boy that doesn't sound like much, took all morning till now.

Ok, I'm heading off to big store to return some edging we bought, doesn't look right where I wanted it. I have some cooking to do this afternoon so I better get going. Book will have to wait.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:42 pm

LadyM, I always said I loved it when school was out and we didn't have a schedule, and then I loved it when school started and we had structure again.

Harmony, what are you reading? My dd has been reading the Bridgerton series of books. Since we share a Amazon account she is able to ready anything I've purchased, and vice versa. I've been reading the biography of Elizabeth, the Queen Mother, by Lady Colin Campbell. Deliciously gossipy, I don't usually go in for that kind of stuff. Suspect it's not all true but who knows? I get a little time in the evening to read but I've been exhausted this week. I may not lift a finger next week.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:06 pm

I've started reading In an Instant.

I made an appointment with a dermatologist for DS12. His face is starting to break out. Hopefully, they will be able to help him get through the teenage years without having scars on his face.

I've stripped the two beds that are not used and have their sheets, comforters, etc washing. I plan to donate the beds and bedding asap. It is part of my declutter effort in that extra room. I have no idea what that room will be used for next. I'm going with the assumption that a clean open space seems to inspire fresh creative opportunities that weren't thought of before. At least I hope so....
1. Know what you want.

Return to “Post When You Can”