Focused Friday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: Focused Friday PWYC

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:19 pm

HI everyone. I am working on the time travel project at payroll. I had to redo the 2.5 hours of training. A coworker and I discovered that you cannot stop that one mid-stream. Both of us went to lunch and lost all our progress. It's hot as Hades in my home office, Elizabeth's Own HVAC has a job this weekend. EO Maids needs to get in gear - the previous owner of the cats will want to see them as soon as medically possible. Whitey is now called Heidi due to a miscommunication with the office. All of us like this better anyway. I finally had to remove her from her carrier, she will not come out. I have reason to believe she has an upset stomach and will be cleaning out her carrier tonight.

The dance studio is moving to an online/in-person hybrid class situation. I would like to go back to class, but don't really want to be on camera much. I also told her I had gone back to beginners classes because I simply cannot remember choreography. I wish I could find a studio that emphasized individual performance rather than choreographed. I hate choreography and, after trying to get it for more than 20 years, I think it is reasonable to conclude I cannot do it. They seem to think it is all an attitude problem, just "think positive". At what point is a person allowed to give up on positive thinking? I started belly dancing in the mid to late 90s. Next time someone suggests that kind of malarkey, I will suggest they try to think positive and pass a graduate level quantum mechanics class. After all, if it is only a matter of attitude, anyone can do it right? I passed it with a terrible attitude, I HATE quantum mechanics!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:53 pm

Dishwasher is full and it's doing it's work. Sink is full of hot, soapy water and greasy colander and some knives.

I will wait until dishwasher is finished so I can turn on the washing machine so it can work while I sleep.

The wind just has not let up here at all I and was up at 6 a.m. and it's been blowing non-stop.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:27 pm

searching for that kid-raising manual with instructions for how to handle things.....

DS12 is very unhappy with me became I made him come home after working 11 hours today. He cried (rarely happens), begged, and pleaded with me to not stop him from working. Last night I went to the job site at 9:30pm and made him come home. He has worked over 60 hours this week and IMHO that is way way too much for a kid. I do understand that it is somewhat fun because he enjoys the people he is with, but excess of anything is not good. DS12 is physically and mentally exhausted. His tics are going almost continuous. I explained that I was not stopping him from working but I am limiting the number of hours that he can work. When he gets older then he can work longer hours but not yet. Who knows if this is the right thing to do. NOT ME. DBro told me to quit being overprotective because a kid can't work too much.

DS12 spent today working underneath the house without any problem at all. His best friend was working under the house too and DS12 said they cracked jokes and laughed the whole time they were working.

I also said NO when he asked to go to the gym tonight. I'm just trying to keep him from getting too tired and pushing himself too hard. His body size says he is grown but he is a kid. He isn't even a teenager yet.

No. No. No.
That seems to be my word tonight.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:15 pm

L M we all need rest. That was my word for today.
I did some hand sewing this afternoon. Crocheted some but I can only do a few rows then have to rest my shoulder.
I did bake blueberry muffins for dinner a nice change, I divided up the rest & froze some. Also fixed green beans & fish. I was yummy.
Did dishes & put them away.
Watered at dusk.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sat May 01, 2021 2:27 am

For what its worth, I'm with you LM.
Young growing joints can get overused and damaged, in my opinion. And I think there is 'science' that would support that.
Time wise I have definite limits, but maybe that is me and my peculiarities. And easily my affected joints ever since I was young.

ph call from dd1 earlier lining up lunch next weekend.
Things were calmed down since the pre Easter upset.
DGD18 is back home sick atm. Covid test negative so that was one thing.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”