Focused Friday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Focused Friday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:33 am

Let's focus today! It's the last day of April, we're finishing the first four months - one-third - of the year!

Look, a squirrel! (See, I'm already off focus!)
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Re: Focused Friday PWYC

Postby CathyS » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:48 am

Hi!

Feeling much better today.

Dh has 1 oil change to do and then we are going to the dump/landfill. Other than the 3 garbage cans in the garage, I really don't know what we need to take. Dh says that there is a lot of stuff.

No idea what we are having for supper.

Weather forecasters are saying today will be extremely windy and rainy.

Dh brought me a double chocolate doughnut which was much heavier than usual. It turned out to be a sausage and egg and cheese bagel. I told him that he could have it as I don't like breakfast sausage. I guess someone out there has a double chocolate doughnut. Thanks Tim H.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:28 am

Good Morning!

Our daily routines are changing here.

SHE cards changes - I've deleted all the school SHE cards that kept me on track with that effort. I've selected 3 habits for May to work on and have set up SHE cards to remind me to do them each day.

I'm giving Noom app a try. The first 7 days are free so we'll see how it goes the next few days. So far I really like it. They focus on the mental part of getting healthy and establishing habits. There does seem to be a lot of reading and quizzes to do. You can choose to do a couple of minutes a day or more.

DS12 used to sleep as late as he could but now he is up before 7am to take shower and eat before leaving at 8am. I've noticed that DS12 moves a whole lot faster now. He said his boss walks fast and he follows him around so his pace has increased to match his boss's speed.

I want to get DD9 involved in something this summer. She has a friend that will soon move about a block away from us so that will increase her social interactions. But it could be another couple of months before they finish building their home and move in. DD9 will continue to do guitar lessons this summer but she has zero interest in doing any other activity (baseball, gymnastics, karate, tumbling, dance). hum....
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:52 am

I have had breakfast, journaling & planning done.
Alergies are acting up rethinking outside activities hem pants is on the list.
Waving to all who follow way to go on your progress!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:59 am

Glad to see all my friends here! I'm working away, and dh is working, partly on my "Honey Do" list and partly on his mental list.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:28 am

Dh and I just packaged all that meat I bought yesterday. 14 packs of beef and pork and 9 packs with just beef. Total cost per meal is $4.12 which made both of us happy.

While we were doing that, dh's sister texted that their mom's car needs a new battery. Dh will get her a new 1 and install it. Dsis-in-law also mentioned that her vehicle no longer gets used. We offered to buy it, so she just gave it to us. We were already planning on going to their place sometime in the next 2 weeks any way. We bought my MIL a Mickey Mouse watch for Mother's Day because apparently she likes them. First time I heard that in 6 years.

Bacon and eggs, home fries and toast for supper.

Dh also decided that today wouldn't be a great day to go to the dump/landfill. Much too windy.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:31 am

Hello! I'm watching our 100 ft. trees swaying wildly in the breeze. We have a high wind warning here today. A weather front came through last evening and we had rain overnight. I don't usually hear the rain against the house, but I did about midnight. High today is around 70* with lots of sun!

I didn't sleep as late this morning; finished my breakfast about 10 a.m. I'm sipping a second cup of coffee now. I still have the dishwasher to unload and will sweep the floors after that. I will try to run the vacuum in my room and the hallway later.

Dson was already home from morning fitness when I came down for breakfast. He said his office was 80* already and has no windows to open for fresh air, so came home to work here. They haven't turned on the a/c in his building yet. Dgrson-19 was here, but left to go to work a little while ago.

Lady M, does your library have a summer reading program? Maybe dd9 would like that.

While I'm sitting here I will catch up on the last few days of my calendar journal -(before I forget what I did two days ago :lol: ) then start in the kitchen.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:51 am

I cleaned out the tall cabinet in the bathroom. We have 4 full Costco sized bottles of shampoo, 1 mouthwash and 1 body wash. Told dh we had 2 years worth of shampoo!! :lol: I also have enough QTips to last at least 2 more years, maybe 3.

I did notice that we didn't open any cough/cold medicine this past winter!

I've been putting clean laundry away this morning. We didn't have any clean towels in the bathroom. Now we have a full rack, plus 2 hanging up. I also put 2 clean facecloths out.

Figures that this is the day my Fitbit is recharging!! :lol:
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:20 pm

the day my Fitbit is recharging

I used to charge my FB every 4 days or so. I saw someone post on FB forum about putting their charger in the bathroom. They charged their FB every day while they took a bath and did personal care. I tried that and it works for me. My FB stays charged without much effort.

I've designed and saved the daily journal template for May. I have about 10 years of daily journal pages for most days. I find it interesting how the design has evolved over the years. I enjoy looking back on years past for the current day and reading what we were doing then. I'm starting to include more photos in the daily journal pages. #Memories

Today's menu includes Chicken Parmesan, potatoes, and mixed fresh vegetables.

37 SHE cards completed.

Lady M, does your library have a summer reading program?

Good idea! I forgot about that! I've taken DS12 (and DD9 when she was here) to the library summer reading program for a decade or so. It is mostly geared toward the younger kids so I don't know how much DD9 will want to participate. I need to talk with the Moms of DD9 friends and see if they will be attending the SRP this year. If DD9 friends are doing it I know she will. But I doubt if she wants to do it if no one else her age shows up.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:30 pm

I've finished most of the things I had to get done. Dh has done most of what's on his list. He's letting the firepit area dry before he tries to blow it off and clean it up.

He took the dog beds for me too.

Return to “Post When You Can”