Focused Friday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Focused Friday PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:10 pm

hi lovely: twins, lady, Cathy, sunny, Nancy, and everyone!!!

working outside - brrr it's still a bit cold - upper 4r0's in the shade - 51 in the sun
brrr I had to come in and warm up

made a donation run.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:22 pm

I am so glad to be able to say I have cleaned floors in kitchen, & living room, & bathrooms.
Just remembered I need to vacuum the bedrooms.
Went and fueled up the truck then walked the dog lunch was neutri grain bar.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:54 pm

Crisis time here, dh had a new chair for his office arrive earlier and left on our porch, and now it's gone! And he still can't get the Roku stick going. He's pretty wound up.

I've done most of what I need to do for now, I'm going to take a shower and clean up.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:35 pm

Oh no!

Do you or your neighbors have exterior camera/s to see who/how the chair disappeared?

This may be a dumb suggestion and I hesitate to share it since your DH has done so much troubleshooting, but it has worked for us when our roku messes up. We unplug it from the electrical plug and the TV....wait 2 minutes then plug it back in. DH does it himself now after watching me fix the roku by using this method in the past.

The chicken parmesan came out OH SO TASTY. This will definitely be put on our menu plan rotation.

I visited Thailand and then Japan (virtual live videos) then I switched to watching TV. I'm on my second episode of the Mentalist.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:44 pm

Two nights in a row I've been awake ALL night! Wednesday night it was after 4am before I fell asleep and last night was after 5am. Think last night was more a matter of my mind racing because of an incident last night -posted in MO.

DD just called on her way to Orlando to the hockey game. Wanted to let me know that she'll be installing her "Ring" on my phone and on dsonil's tomorrow. At least that way I can look to see if anyone is coming up on the porch.

Dsonil went to the neurosurgeon this afternoon but was home way too soon. :? Seems they wanted his report from the MRI and HE was supposed to bring it with him. No one told him that -at least that's what he believes. So they're trying to set up another appointment for him.

We've been leaving the blinds on the window by the front porch open, but will now start closing them. Hopefully we can leave them open during the daylight hours -this house is so dark inside. There is that one window in the very far corner of the great room and 1 window opposite toward the backyard. It is so dark in here that we usually have lights on.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:32 pm

One third of the year has passed? Already?
Good gracious...

Well, I'm ending the month on a pretty good day. DS called to see if we wanted steak sandwiches from the cattlemen's association. We didn't even know they were selling them today. Turned out they were set up at local festival and ds and ddil were there. So he brought us sandwiches.
Also said he saw my dmom there, with her friend, and that made me happy -- so good for these two ladies to get together. They have been friends all my life, but kinda drifted apart when the other lady got a divorced and moved out of town for a while, and after they both started working outside the home, you know... life just happens. But now they are both retired and they try to get together once a week.

I went to the D ollar T ree and bought greeting cards -- probably got a whole bunch for what I would have paid for one at Wmart. :D

Talked to ddil a while on the phone while she was picking up dgs. He was aggravated because she and ds went to the festival without him and dgd -- and they would have been excused from school, too! Then he wanted to go to S onic and she nixed that idea too. :roll: DGS isn't having any fun today. I'll probably take him and dgd to the festival tomorrow. DS said it was mostly arts and crafts, but we have a good friend whose husband is entertaining tomorrow, and I'd like to see him, too.

Another ballgame tonight.

(((Dee))) Dmom has mentioned that doorbell app, but since she barely can use her cell phone at her house, I don't know if it would be worth it.

I didn't sleep well last night. But it was just stupidity. I got to thinking about the kids taking swimming lessons from a new person this summer, (ddil's idea), and then about ddil saying she was going to take them swimming more at her friend's house, and I decided to worry about her and her friend talking and not paying attention to dgrands and letting them drown. My mind TRULY is a waste of a terrible thing. :roll: I don't know how ds ever survived living with me...

Oh my goodness, Twins! That is terrible -- porch theft! And I'm sorry Mr. Twins can't get the Roku thing fixed. I would be at a total loss on something like that.

I recently made myself a 3x5 to remember to charge my FitBit on Friday or Saturday nights. Usually once a week is enough for me, but I try to do it overnight while I'm sleeping. I wonder if that is better or worse than doing a little bit every day. I would need to get another AC adapter if I do it in the bathroom, but that is a good idea. Then the sleep tracker would always be accurate too.

LadyM, Noom sounds just like the Naturally Slim program that our insurance offered at no cost. I did okay for a while, as long as I consistently tracked my food and watched the videos and things... but after a while, I got bored with watching it and tracking and all that. One of the main things with it was using a timer to pace yourself at meal times. I just couldn't make myself do that. Right now, I am very frustrated with my ability to control my eating.

We bought my MIL a Mickey Mouse watch for Mother's Day because apparently she likes them. First time I heard that in 6 years.

LOL, Cathy!
-- The main reason I would like an Apple watch over a FitBit is because I could put the Mickey Mouse face on the watch. :lol: I had a MM watch in high school but it finally broke. I still have it on display in my bathroom.

I think I'm getting a toothache... in the tooth dentist has been warning me about... I am not happy.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:01 pm

LM I have had the tech folks tell me to unplug the router for cable for 10 min. then plug it back in for a reset here as well.

I guess I am having a Sabbath Fri. checking out a church online is up just found it.
New lady pastor I just listened to the Christmas eve service it was good.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:05 pm

I don't know if this is toothache or sinus. Whole right side of my head hurts, but especially in the area of my cheek and jawbone.
Took 2 Aleve.
Tomorrow is another day.

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:20 pm

Hello, all!

lucylee, I hope things go as smoothly with your tooth as they went for me in similar circumstances recently. If the Aleve doesn't do it, I found tag-teaming ibuprofen and acetaminophen helped -- but the thing that made the biggest difference was the antibiotics the dentist prescribed, so do try to get seen sooner rather than later. Of course, these things always happen on weekends!

Yikes, Dee! I hope you get some peace of mind soon.

Sorry about the porch pirates, Twins. Have a lovely dinner with your friends. Are your dinner guests your houseguests, or am I getting things confused?

Breezy here, but not like Cathy or Sunny.

The shoulder is much better. It seemed to take a turn for the worse this morning, but then I saw at breakfast that I had not taken last night's steroid dose. (Yes, I did see my primary care, who prescribed the steroids and suggested an analgesic patch and acetaminophen as needed -- said not to take NSAIDs with the steroids, or it'd give me an ulcer.) Took that, and things seem to be getting better again. But I'm behind on my housework, and we've got a houseguest coming in a few days! DD comes home from school on Sunday; her roommate will be joining us on Tuesday. Current word is that their apartment will not be ready until June 15. If DD gets the summer camp job that DH is hoping she will, this will mean that C. (roommate) will be living with us for a week after DD goes away 24-7 (well, 24-6, anyhow). DD won't be moving into the apartment right away, probably not even if she doesn't get the job that puts her at camp 6 days a week; it seems crazy to pay a lease on an apartment before she's even using it, but it'll still be cheaper than the dorm has been.

Monday is going to be a focused effort on the room C. will stay in, the former playroom that has accumulated things from my DM's house and late DFIL's house. The inherited stuff is in front of recent "toys" (art & craft supplies, mostly) which are in front of shelves full of the kids' old toys. Those toys should go to the attic or thrift store, and the shelves could hold a lot of the newer/inherited stuff, but getting to the shelves is the problem. I think we're going to have to empty the room out into the living room and work things back in, and I don't know which is worse -- to try to do it all in one day, or to take several days (which we don't really have, anyway). I have already told DD that that's the project for Monday. I'm tempted to ask DH if he can take all or part of the day off, so he can pitch in, as well -- he's the best at staying on track -- but 1) it's so short notice, and things seem to be busy for him right now, and 2) he is already going to be the one assisting the girls with their move-outs, because due to Covid, they can only have one other person come into the dorm to help them, and he's far better than I at toting barges and lifting bales. But that room overwhelms me just to think of -- I've been meaning to clean it out for a very long time avoiding it like the plague. A good chunk of it is that much of the stuff in there is not mine to make the decisions on. My things: a desk (which I want to put where the sewing machine currently is, which means moving the sewing machine upstairs, which means getting rid of the desk upstairs which has to be disassembled to get down the stairs (and even then will be difficult to get down); a record-player table and too many records to fit, and a bin full of photo albums.

Oh, well, enough spinning my mental wheels; I should put my butt in gear.
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:12 pm

I just skimmed through posts here because I'm running out of time before dinner.

LadyM, would she be interested on just an art class somewhere or how about you guys together just doing some sort of sewing project? Does she know how to knit and crochet? There are always groups that get together to do that sort of stuff. Swimming lessons? I instantly thought about reading but someone beat me too it. Even if she goes to a thing at the library, have her bring home something to actually read by herself.

Aw, Twins porch stealing is becoming very common. I'm sorry about that.

Lucylee, at some point you're going to have to deal with that tooth, right? If this is the time, well, then at least that worry will be over.

Mystery, good luck getting your house, especially that guest room, ready for company. Sounds like an all day job.

Kinda wasted day here. Someone was going to call and I spent 3/4 of the day fiddling with the phone trying to get it connected to our service. Customer service was NO help. I even rode around the neighborhood and no signal, rode halfway to town, no signal. Finally I fiddled with the settings and seemed like changing the date and time which has been off for months helped. Also took the sim card out and reinstalled and kept shutting it on and off. Finally got connected. Ak. Huge waste of time. Durn phone.

Have talked with DD1, DD2, and DGSon. Was in a 'mood' and hid from DH who was nonstop on the phone and people coming about some stupid job he's been obsessing about, even up to 9:00 last night asking me for help with this and that. So I went in a corner and read a complete novel from start to finish. At least that got my mind off the nonsense around here.

I did go outside and fertilized all the bushes. Back and forth with my gallon jug. So far everything looks good; there's a yellow squash growing and a bunch of green tomatoes, too small so far, but it's early yet.

Return to “Post When You Can”