Saturday Celebrations PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Saturday Celebrations PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 01, 2021 3:06 pm

I had to give myself a break - I spoke to him about my fear of him getting hurt but it fell on deaf ears. So I am letting it go - dd older said he probably won't use it. She said he will talk big and then try - he won't be able to do it and he will let it go. Letting the subject go bc dd is right.

going back outside - take care!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat May 01, 2021 3:44 pm

(Blessed) sure understand all that. Although, here DH does try to do things and use things above and beyond his present abilities.

Doesn't feel like a Saturday to me, much less the beginning of a new month. I have to keep reminding myself.

Now, I'm looking through my card box for a BELATED BIRTHDAY GREETING for RRose. Please forgive us all for letting it slip by.

Went out to pick up DH's Rx. Went to the library which is across the street from there. Over to the warehouse store to pick up a couple otc supplements and look around. Got a cooked chicken and a couple other things. Almost ran over a little girl who backtracked from her family and stooped down to fix her shoe, popped up in front of my car just in time for me to stop. :o Her family wasn't keeping track of her and she was about 4 or 5 and I'd seen them go across, and was then watching cars from other direction when POP! there she was. Many prayers of thanks then that I did not hit her.

So, time for a rest. I watered a little bit, mindful of the clouds and those clouds are getting darker and more of them, hopefully some rain next.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat May 01, 2021 4:27 pm

Oh so glad your (and her) guardian angels were watching out for you/her, Harmony! :o :shock:

Beginning to get some of the office back to the organized state (before I started moving things around that is). Do think the placement of my printer is going to work out much better for me -especially when I scan items.

Now I need to put up a week's worth of meds. Think then I'll get 2-weeks worth packed and just work with the one-week for the remainder of my time here -5 weeks I believe.

Did remember to cancel my hair appointment today -it was this coming Tuesday -just not comfortable going to her right now. Have a gal coming to the house on June 3rd -a bit longer than I wanted to wait, but this past cut was over 6 months. ;) At least it'll be cut and looking trim for my flight home. And I won't need it cut for a few weeks after arriving there.

Need to go do another 'round' of exercising. I've cut down my time on my exercycle from 30 minutes to 20 minutes at a time. Seems to help my seat a bit.

Not sure what dd and I are doing for dinner. We had talked about going out for dinner just her and me one more time when dsonil is working. What am I talking about "one more time"? We haven't gone out in ages just the 2 of us. Think maybe we did on our way home from the airport when I flew down in October.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat May 01, 2021 6:48 pm

Tryed to go to a plant sale that is later in the month.
Dropped off a donation.
Took myself out for lunch saw friends there.
Did some thrifting.
Walked the ddog a bit.
Weeded & edged a small flowerbed and along one side of the house.
Prepped a small find to paint.
I painted that piece.

Gopher moles & voles love juicy fruit gum it does them in or get a cat!
Dson said to put peanut butter or tuna in traps.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat May 01, 2021 11:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat May 01, 2021 7:52 pm

(((Blessed)))

Harmony - I'm so glad you saw the child in time. That is scary!

Dee - I agree about the Ring. We pay $3 a month per camera system until over 3 cameras then it is a flat $10 a month. It can be used without paying that monthly fee but without it then you can only see real-time and can't go back and review the video. It is well worth it IMHO. I use the camera system for several other uses than security. I really like that I can be miles from home and talk through the camera system as I'm seeing what is happening at home. There have been times that talking through the Ring system was the only way to contact DH. (When he didn't have his cell phone with him or his phone ringer was turned off).

I spent over 8 hours with DGS24 today. We grocery shopped multiple stores to do comparison pricing (he is on a budget), went out to eat lunch, stopped by where DD44 is working. He helped me put up LED strip lighting all around the ceiling in DD9 bedroom Then he stayed here all afternoon visiting. I cooked supper and he stayed for it. The nonstop one-on-one talking has temporarily drained the energy from me. I'll recover my energy level with a little quiet time.

I am frustrated. Apparently, a gopher has taken up residence in the raised bed garden! Three big plants have entirely disappeared under the ground in the last 2 days. *POOF* Two tomato plants about 2 feet tall and a celery plant that was doing so well. GONE. Tonight I started removing the dirt from the garden and found the remains of the tomato plant that disappeared about 12 hours ago. However, I can't find the gopher tunnel. I ordered solar stakes that have sound & vibration that is supposed to make the gophers go away. I hope they work.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat May 01, 2021 10:30 pm

LadyM...

Hate to tell you we tried those spikes for our gophers and it didn’t worked. Tried traps and even gummie bear candy... nope they didn’t work. After a month we ended up using poison bait. Only way we could get rid of him.

Did you know that gophers make rooms in their tunnels for sleep, food and a bathroom. Pretty ngeresting fellows for such pearly critters :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Post When You Can”