Sunday Sunday - what rest will you give yourself today

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Sunday Sunday - what rest will you give yourself today

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun May 02, 2021 4:42 pm

I had over 9K steps daily inside the house

WOW! That is some serious movement inside the house. POTB for getting things put back in place after the construction.

I've enjoyed a relaxing afternoon. I've completed 71 SHE cards but they were done because I wanted to. I intended to put my feet up and watch a movie this afternoon but I don't like sitting for very long. So I find myself doing a few things then make myself sit down with the intention of stay there. Repeat repeat. Oh the good side - I'm happy to have plenty of energy and desire to get things done. On the not-so-good-side my step count is only 2.5K today.

I am watching DD9 fix herself something to eat. This brings me joy to see her growing in confidence. It is hard for me to grasp how timid she was until I see her doing things that she would never have tried before. She still is more compliant than I want her to be. I want her to stand up for herself. Hopefully, confidence in herself to do that will come with time.

On the opposite side of timid are Sam (Whippet dog) and the feral cats. We found 2 more dead possums in the dog yards today. *sigh* I remember past years when we always had dozen-plus snakes in our yard. That is not a problem anymore. The previous feral cats and Sam seem to be in competition to show their snake elimination skills. *sigh*

I'm going to start an episode and hope I can make myself sit here long enough to watch it. Even if it takes me a half dozen tries, my goal is to have sat long enough to get that episode watched by EOD.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun May 02, 2021 4:54 pm

SADIE! - I was just thinking about you. I hope you are able to come back and chat with us. I would love to hear about your life and family. In case you see this - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW!

Harriet - I have thought about using urine and/or gopher poison but this is in my raised bed garden. I am hesitating with the thought.... Do I want to be eating vegetables where urine and poison have been? I keep telling myself the gopher is eating all the grub worms so it isn't all bad. However, after the gopher ate 3 of my healthy growing plants, I no longer feel any gratitude toward him/her. I have a tiny hope the vibration & sound devices will drive the gopher away. I'm going to put multiple of those devices in this one raised bed garden while I continue to remove the dirt from it. One way or another this gopher is going to find another place to go.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun May 02, 2021 5:07 pm

The impurities have already been filtered out of your urine before it exits your body. People think it's "dirty" because they have been taught that going to the toilet is a dirty thing to do. The very first thing my dh did when we moved in was to "mark" the property so coyotes would smell humans.

My dh bought me a sign from one of those card places that says "She though she could, so she did!" I am sure he thinks I'm far too timid and have very little self confidence, but since August 2, 2014 when I left x, my confidence has grown in leaps and bounds thanks to dh praising me all the time. There are very few meals that I have made that he has complained about. My cooking skills were practically zero on the day I moved in. Now, he likes to challenge me! Picture me saying "Hold my beer." (IF I drank beer)

Later... Duck was good. Potatoes are much better when I have cream and russet potatoes. Today I had white potatoes and 1 % milk. Therefore, even with only using 3 potatoes, we didn't finish them. I slice the potatoes with a mandolin. Something I would never have used pre 2014.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun May 02, 2021 7:34 pm

Hello.
Sadie, how good to see you here! I can't imagine having that many little ones all at once. Come back and tell us more.

I went to the 3rd service today and was pleasantly surprised to see it less crowded than the early one. I will never go to the middle one until this pandemic is over because it is the most crowded. I had a nap then I went out to water. The watering can I use to reach the farthest planter out front started leaking and I got pretty wet. It is in the recycling bin now. We have one more old one to try before I'm off to buy another.

Zoom meeting tonight went well, both camera and microphone worked.

Lots of noise outside. Someone is up the street clearing that lot which will have a tiny house up there. I guess this project is going forward. Sigh...

We better not get any critters eating my vegetables. I have a yellow squash growing and a lot of green tomatoes on the plants. I think my rabbits ate the little plants that came up from seed.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun May 02, 2021 10:01 pm

Did the dishes after my dinner. Had a sandwich it sounded good.

Return to “Post When You Can”