Sunday Sunday - what rest will you give yourself today

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Sunday Sunday - what rest will you give yourself today

Postby blessedw2 » Sun May 02, 2021 11:02 am

what will you give to yourself today.

I am feeling very stressed out and I think I need to unplug for a bit.
I did some paperwork
and I am stressing about the dishes in the sink and dw
(I lost my timer) I will just get it done.

have a lovely Sunday
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Ramblinrose

Re: Sunday Sunday - what rest will you give yourself today

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun May 02, 2021 12:23 pm

Morning...

Sorry you’re feeling so stressed out BW2. Take care of yourself!

Thank you for my birthday wishes. Had a grand and easy day with a special dinner out at our favorite restaurant.

Didn’t do much around the house yesterday and now I’m getting ready to go to the grocery store. Need to get myself dressed and read to go, but first I need to finish my second cup of coffee :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun May 02, 2021 12:40 pm

Hi!!

As usual, we got up and got things done early. I think I was the first customer in the local pharmacy. They didn't have the soda that dh drinks, so I went to 2 other locations. None of them had the Zero cola. I got some milk while I was out. Very few vehicles on the road between 9 and 10. Dh cut the grass. I moved all the terra cotta pots that I have decided to fill with dirt this year. I have already gotten rid of the ones I didn't want. I've been reading the Canadian gardening for Dummies book. I need to buy some screening to put in the bottom of the pots before I fill them with dirt. I want to put bright red geraniums in all of the pots this year. I also want to plant sunflowers all along the south side of the fence along with morning glories. I will just plant seeds for the MGs.

Today was the first day that a lot of local nurseries were open. Dh and I went to where he wants to get his heirloom tomato plants towards the end of the month.

Dh took the last duck out of the freezer yesterday and today he tells me that he wants it done in the oven. :shock: I've never done a duck in the oven. Aw, well... can't be too different from chicken. I'll use my favourite cookbook, AKA Google.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun May 02, 2021 1:30 pm

my favourite cookbook, AKA Google.

Mine too! I rarely look at the IRL cookbooks I have because it is so easy and quick to find recipes that have been reviewed and rated online.

Church was very good this morning. Each week the attendance is going up. We had to find a different place to sit today because our usual area was full. DGS24 joined us at church which made my heart happy.

After church we tried to go out to eat but all the restaurants we went to were packed full. There was no space available in the parking lots. As we were driving around trying to find a place to eat I started paying attention to churches as we drove past and their parking lots were packed. I take this as another sign that life has returned to normal.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun May 02, 2021 2:05 pm

Whew! I think I need rest!
I am exhausted — yesterday, spent a few hours outdoors at the festival in town, got sunburned :( then spent several hours on what should have been quick trip out for supper — Krystal hamburgers apparently couldn’t take orders because their computer was down. Shaking my head. Then DH wanted everyone to have just what they wanted so made a couple stops for dgrands after he and I and DS had what we wanted.
Anyway — normal late bedtime on Sat followed by early Sun. wake up time. Church. Lunch.

Dgs and I have been to piano and NOW we are all (minus ddil) headed to a decoration day/singing at a dfriend’s church — DS is singing with the friend.

Boy, I need a nap.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun May 02, 2021 3:04 pm

I had devotionas qt & journal walk dog done!
Lunch is in the oven.

Watching yt leadership conference.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun May 02, 2021 3:27 pm

Supper is in the oven. Scalloped potatoes and roast duck. Duck was very easy to prep. 1/2 tsp each of salt, pepper and paprika. Roast at 375 for 2 hours, basting at 1 hour point and then again 1/2 hour later. It called for melted butter, but ducks are fatty, so I will use the duck fat drippings to baste.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun May 02, 2021 3:49 pm

I rarely look at the IRL cookbooks
Same here about IRL cookbooks. I'll often google recipes and "mix and match" parts of recipes, or use them as a general guide.

I have had a quite relaxing weekend with house guests here, but I am Peopled Out. We had Shabbat dinner on Friday night and built a fire outside later, slept late both mornings plus took afternoon naps, and went out to eat last night. I could stand to do some cleaning up but will probably defer that. House guests just left and dh has gone to Costco.

We are enjoying the screened porch and spent a lot of time out there. House looks good, and I guess it was a blessing that we had to get it back together. I had over 9K steps daily inside the house on Tues, Wed, Thurs and Friday and only 3K yesterday. Not even a thousand yet today!

After spending a week immersed in moving furniture and setting things back up, I need to do some planning going forward this week!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Sadie

Postby Sadie » Sun May 02, 2021 4:30 pm

Hello Dear Ladies

Just peeking after a very long time away from here

I couldn't sleep last night so I looked in on all of.you

I'm currently caring for 5 people and they are d brother 74 d grandson 4. d grandson 3 d granddaughter 2 and d grandson 1 as well as still working part time at Wal-Mart
ill explain one later and longer post how I came to have so many people.

For now I'm finishing a bit to eat and then off to work

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun May 02, 2021 4:31 pm

Sadie, it is a delight to get to hear from you. Looking forward to learning about your family.

LadyM, maybe bobcat urine?

blessed, I wish you could just instantly trade it for one of those two-big-front-wheels barrows, especially the wooden kind. They are stable and lighter weight than the traditional.

Return to “Post When You Can”