MONDAY, MONDAY PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: MONDAY, MONDAY PWYC

Postby CathyS » Mon May 03, 2021 5:34 pm

Woo hoo!! I found our Square swiper card reader!! It was in the washing machine. It seems to like going in there. :roll:

Soup was really good! We also had samosas and I fried some ground beef and onions for dh. We didn't have the chana masala.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon May 03, 2021 5:56 pm

Hi everyone and happy birthday wishes to Sadie! Elizabeth's Own HVAC came over yesterday to change over my swamp cooler. Just in time for a cold night and cool morning. When they winterized it, they took the advice of EO's RV Maintenance and blew out the lines, so no leaks! Elizabeth's Own Maids make a token effort, but not much. I am almost done crocheting a dog sweater. Saturday's dance class and Sunday's exercise video completed.

I called my parents to get an address, I suggested Mom text it to me. She had forgotten how to text, not sure if she can on "good days". She has been having memory problems, but this is the first time it has started affecting her life. When texting came available, she took to it like a Labrador to a duck pond. I know she has days when she says it is not a good day to drive. I don't know how often that is, but at least she doesn't get in the car anyway, like her father did. She eventually made my grandfather's car disappear.

CUE HALLELUJAH CHORUS LOUD!!! My part (ordered in July) for the camper has come in and I will pick it up Saturday. The service person said she had called me, but I never got a call. However, when I checked my phone logs, there were FOUR calls in April, one right after the other and each lasting only a few seconds. Like my phone was doing odd things. I must remember to leave a note for her boss that she did not fail to respond to me. I have not figured out why I cannot get calls from her, but it is clearly on my end.

It is the beginning of the month, so I am doing month end reports. One is complete, one is in progress, one has errors, and one needs to be started.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon May 03, 2021 6:03 pm

I'm ready for a break.

I made a big pot of hash today. It is one of DS12 and DH's favorite meals.

DS12 is still excited about the opportunity to work and all the things he is learning. Today DS12 is a go-for as they are rewiring a house. DS12 is feeding the wire through the walls. I encourage him to learn the correct terms used for the tools and supplies as he is exposed to them. He learned the difference between 12/2 and 12/3 wire this morning. His boss told him they would be putting up gutters on a couple of houses later this week. DS12 is excited about the prospect of learning the process of making gutters and installing them.

I think I've found a couple of week-long art classes for DD9 to take next month. She loves design and being creative so I'm hopeful these art classes will be fun for her. I'm working on the enrollment process now and waiting for confirmation.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”