MONDAY, MONDAY PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

MONDAY, MONDAY PWYC

Postby DeeClutter » Mon May 03, 2021 9:16 am

Wanted to get here and wish Sadie a Happy Birthday. Then I see you peeked in yesterday. Hoping you're able to 'peek' again today if only to see your birthday wishes!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Re: MONDAY, MONDAY PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 03, 2021 9:20 am

oh Sadie - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Hello sweet dee and everyone
Sorry I can't come here later in the day - I get tired lol
talk to you later
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon May 03, 2021 9:29 am

Happy birthday Sadie!

Today I have too many dirty pots and pans. What else is new. I emptied the dishwasher already, so it's waiting to welcome more dirty dishes. I think there are 2 right now and they are both on my desk. One still has hot tea in it.

I need to go to both banks today and pay some bills. I also have to refill the 2 baggies with money for the water delivery and money for the maid service. I also have to pay my annual Women's Institute membership.

Dh wants fried ground beef with onion in it as part of supper. We are also going to have Chana Masala (chick peas) and samosas.

It looks like a beautiful day here. I still haven't been outside because I think dh has a customer out in the garage.

Garbage and recycling and burnable stuff is all waiting for me to go outside to put them in their individual bins.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon May 03, 2021 9:33 am

Happy Birthday Sadie! It was so nice to see you had checked in yesterday! I hope you come back through today and let us know more!

I slept until 8:30 - need to be sure I don't turn off the snooze button. I have a quiet house and I'm lovin' it. Dh back at work. I need to do some clean up/maintenance/erasing footprints this a.m. So far I'm drinking coffee.

Dd called a few minutes ago, all chatty and I just couldn't chat. In recovery from too many people and I don't want to see anyone! Although, hopefully I'll get a walk around the block with dfriend M today to chat. (We messaged last night too. A true friend, understanding how peopled out I can get.) Dd commented this a.m. on our friend S, who was here with her dh this weekend. She and Dh are two of a kind and talk a mile a minute... They are considering going to the beach with us at the end of this month. S's dh is pretty much an introvert also.

I'm starting on a.m. routine, only an hour after I roused myself from bed.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon May 03, 2021 10:08 am

Good morning. I usually don't get here this early but I was checking on some county things, updating DH's paperwork. Came here next.

I have laundry going and I'm halfway through all the usual things. Need to make a plan for the day.

Happy Birthday, Sadie. Hope it's a happy day for you.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon May 03, 2021 10:18 am

When the sheriffs were here Saturday morning, a gal from down the street drove by in her little smart car. :lol: This person picks up anything/everything. Sticking out of the back window of her car quite a ways and then up through her sun roof was at least a 10"x2"x12' piece of lumber. The sheriffs were in their car at that moment and dd said, "Please tell me you got a picture of that!" They tried but were too late. It surely would have been on the county sheriff's website. We were all laughing. I just couldn't picture her driving down the main roads like that. Sure it was an "Oh c r a p" moment when she saw the sheriff's car. Sheriff did say, "With the price of lumber, I don't think I blame her".

Dh asked me last night to order some hot chocolate k cups for him so got that taken care of last night.

DD has gotten the new (to us) coffee bar all painted. Of course dsonil doesn't see a need for it. But it's going to be so cute and one more thing off her counters.

Hi, Sadie! :D

I'm looking forward to the kitchen starting. Once it does a small cart with a granite top will be moved into our office for the microwave. They'll have a new one over the slide in range. We'll also put their older toaster in here as they're getting a new stainless one.

Only about 3 1/2 hours sleep last night. Don't know what's up with me lately -sleep pattern is awful.

DD had a game in Orlando last night and one again tonight. She's actually going right from school this afternoon. The school she taught at last year has asked her to stop by sometime this week -it's teacher appreciation week. Coming home from there I-4 was a bear last evening. It was a 3 o'clock game so came home 4 hours earlier than she usually would. She has Solar Bear games through June 5th (that's the same day I fly out from Tampa). She'll go to Orlando later in the day. Her other 'fun job' I think goes through around May 19th. Season keeps getting pushed forward because of Covid.

There is a new NHL ruling for playoffs. I guess if any team proves positive for covid they have to forfeit the rest of their playoff stint. They can't just keep extending the playoff season.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon May 03, 2021 10:25 am

Morning...

Happy birthday Sadie... so good to see you!

Quick hello ... it’s horse day and I have much to do before I leave :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Sadie

Postby Sadie » Mon May 03, 2021 10:37 am

Good morning Ladies

Thank you for the birthday wishes
I am 65 today
WOW
Up since 630 for granddaughter 2 and grandson 1 to get dropped off
Other 2 grands live with us and are sleeping
I’m going to call the drop off grands Sally and Eddie for now

Their mom has a very bad drug problem and got to the point she was very violent toward dear son To the point where he had to call the cops
The cops separated dear son and his wife and the wife proceeded to throw Eddie on the floor in front of the cops Eddie was 5 months old then
Son called us for help and we had no idea what had been going on
Wife arrested and put in jail
Son got protective order for him and kids and filed for divorce
Wife got 18 month probation and can only get supervised visitations with kids which she has to pay for
She also gets 3 30minutes video calls per week with them which DH supervises

She lives in another state and is engaged to someone else

So dear son is a single dad and we help him with kids while he works

Off to help d brother now

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon May 03, 2021 11:03 am

I have come to believe that I have missed Ramblin and blessed birthdays. :? (dismay face) Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!

Sadie, Happy Birthday to you! You and I are very close in age - I had forgotten that! It means a lot for you to check in, and you are sent ((warm hugs)) as you shoulder so much with grace.

It is a sudden deluge of rain here. I've emailed dd22 to remind her that she has her hooded rain jacket in the back seat. I fear it is too late to remind her. The way the weather was when she left, you wouldn't have believed this was going to happen. I can see it being left in the car as if the scene is right in front of my eyes, lol. And today she meets the important boss. Sigh. If youth is wasted on the young, then experience is surely wasted on the old. How helpful that I know just what she should do - not.

A good brunch today included my first use of dried rather than fresh mushrooms. They were okay - not as good, but fine. Takes a while to rehydrate - 45 minutes didn't seem to be quite enough so next time I'll allow an hour. There's no work to it.

This was done to save money. I found that our orders from the more expensive grocery centered around needing just a few things they carry that others don't, and then there would be sticker-shock looking at the whole store receipt. So I've been trying to limit the need for those few. I can get a larger quantity of dried mushrooms online rather than buying fresh. I wish the less expensive grocery would stock more than just bella and only bella, but I guess there's no hope. These are whole shitake and now I have so many I need to find ways to use them all.

Today is Desk Day.
Otherwise, organizing and declutter continue.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon May 03, 2021 11:15 am

ALL of the dishes are done!! Even the dreaded scalloped potato dish! I did that one first.

Dh and I have been going through the entire house, including all pockets because he lost our "Square" payment thing. It gets stuck into the bottom of a cell phone to make it an instant credit card swiper. We both looked all through the truck, all jacket pockets, under the couch and all around where dh sits at computer.

A lot of our customers use this option, which is why we know it's lost. Dh had a customer this morning who wanted to use it and we can't find it anywhere. We also had a customer use it last week, and that's the last time dh saw it.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”