Be a Force Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Sadie

Re: Be a Force Tuesday

Postby Sadie » Tue May 04, 2021 12:06 pm

good morning ladies,

Had a wonderful surprise for my birthday yesterday evening. 3 of our Dsons and wives showed up with pizza and cake. very nice and I got to see the one grand i don’t take care of. A little precious girl who was born in 2019 on her parents 20th anniversary. their first and most likely only child. We didn’t get to see her very much while the pandemic was going on but she is almost 2 now and loves to visit and snuggle with DH and I. I love watching all the grands play together. I am blessed.

DH and I got up at 5:30 this morning. gave us a little quiet time to pay some bills as well as work on a questionnaire we are to fill out about Billy(4) for a psychiatrist. He is most likely autistic and the psychologist has to make an official diagnosis for him to get the help he needs. 136 questions and we managed to get through 90 of them before Sally(2) and Eddie (1) arrived.

DH is running errands. I try to give him some time out away from home. With being retired now it is good he gets out. My away time is usually working at Walmart, I spend 5 hours in the evenings there or 25 hours a week.

Looks like I’m being summoned by the little ones. so off to the adventure. Have a great day all!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 04, 2021 12:59 pm

Sadie - I enjoy hearing about your daily adventures. Thanks for sharing.

The noise/vibration stakes arrived in the mail today. I put them in the one raised bed that is troubled by gopher/s. Now I will watch to see if the gopher decides he/she doesn't like these things. This would be the easiest fix .....if it will work.

The bulls arrived in the pasture next to us. There are 7 of them this year and a couple of them are busy announcing they are the king of the bulls. The other bulls are ignoring them and seem to have an "I don't care" attitude. The bulls will stay here until the owner is ready to start breeding his cows which is probably in June. Most ranchers around here like to have their calving season in late Feb. They remove the bulls from the cow pastures so they don't have calves born in Dec or January.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue May 04, 2021 1:45 pm

LM thanks for sharing I need to invest in some of those on the front & side yard.

Dd usually goes mushrooming in the mtns. on mom's day one of her fav. things so I do not see her on that day.
Dgd has a gathering to celebrate her collage graduation on Sat. so I will see family then I am counting that,
it is not about me but I will still get to see family and not have to cook win win!

The neighbor cave me some mammoth sunflower seedlings that she started and did not need so I got those in the ground
and watered them in.

I got in the shower by nine and my hair is drying naturally.

I want to do some thrifting this week.
A table to paint the legs of I have on paint clothes and need to get out the drop cloths.
I walked the dog.

I am painting a desk for the creativity room. Base coat is done first coat of the last color is on and drying now.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue May 04, 2021 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue May 04, 2021 1:53 pm

Seems dh would like wieners and beans for supper. He took out some hot dog buns. All I really need to do is cut up an onion because he likes onion chunks on his hot dog and a slice of cheese. Easy peasy....

I was trying to have a lazy day, but it is cold and damp here due to rain, so I got dressed into sweat pants and a sweat shirt with a thick vest over that. I even have shoes and socks on because I'm so cold. Dh says it's not cold.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue May 04, 2021 2:12 pm

Look at me -- s2s and out the door before 11:00! :shock: :lol: LOL -- I had to go to the doctor for my wellness checkup. Apparently all is good, but they will call if anything shows up in blood work. Doctor looked at evidence left from my shingles rash and said this was just a kind of scarring; I am fine to get the shingles vaccine now. Also looked at little spot on my leg that concerned me, and pronounced it NOT skin cancer but .... ringworm. Yuck. He gave me a rx for some cream for it.

I also have a load of clothes in the washer and I have talked to ticket office at College Town and convinced them to mail us regular printed tickets this year, rather than continuing with the digital tickets we've had. We HATE having to download tickets to our phone. They all come (via email) to us, then I have to email to dbil and make sure we all use the correct ones, and we just all hate it. Dbil included. Lady said, "Well, you can transfer his three to him at the beginning of the season and then it will be done..." and I explained to her that sometimes he needs 2, sometimes he needs 3, sometimes he needs 4... and likewise for us. We have a possibility of at least 9 people who might want any combination of these 6 seats on any given Saturday. She finally consented to put me on the UPS delivery list. :roll:

Also talked to dmom and made tentative plans for Mother's Day... (dmom says she will go to church with us and we can eat after dg's piano lesson)
then talked to ddil... more tentative plans, (this will probably work for her too, and maybe her parents will join us)
plus some idea of when we might celebrate ddil's graduation... (maybe next Wednesday, because her mom has some extra time off)

And we're just hanging around today, waiting for stormy weather this afternoon. School dismissed at 1:00 p.m. DDIL was picking up dgrands when we talked. (I see Twins is watching the first part of this front moving through, too.)

Nancy, ddil's dad loves to go mushrooming! I don't know if he's having much luck around here -- where he used to live, he did this a lot.

LadyM, my dmom has been bothered by moles. She is constantly complaining about her uneven and soft ground in her yard. Says she'd rather take her chances from a tornado than try to walk across her back yard in the rain to the storm shelter!
SEVEN bulls? Don't they fight? Seems like I remember my grandfather or his friend having two bulls get in a fight when I was little. I didn't think you could keep two in a pasture.

When I hit a block where something seems hard or just simply isn't getting done, that is an indicator that I need to break the task down into smaller efforts.

Good advice, LadyM. I must remember this. Decluttering ONE ITEM PER DAY. That is genius!

May the fourth ;) be with you all as well.! I'm going to try to keep up some momentum here since I started the laundry. That was step one...
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 04, 2021 2:31 pm

I've started the vacuum and mopping in prep for the one-hour home cleaning effort that happens on Wednesday 9am-10am. I'm wondering if I should buy a second vacuum cleaner but it seems easier to just vacuum some of the rooms ahead. I did the floors in 2 rooms and the garage. Depending on how my afternoon plays out I might do more floor cleaning today. When we vacuum all the floors during that one hour, then someone always seems to be waiting for the vacuum to do their area. Hum....I just realized that DS12 won't be here tomorrow for our 1-hour team cleaning. That means he will need to spend 1 hour tonight in his bedroom and bathroom cleaning, organizing, vacuum, and mopping. He isn't a fan of doing it but he loves how it looks afterward. I remind both of the kids....one hour a week, that is all I ask you to focus on cleaning. Hopefully, this will turn into a life skill for them.

The quesadillas were very good and easy. I made 6 quesadillas and they were all different because everyone picked what filling they wanted. This meal is on a 30-day rotation.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue May 04, 2021 3:35 pm

Hi everyone! I'm sitting here watching those storms all in states around me, but not in mine. And snow coming some places? We are 96° and so far no rain. Dark clouds a couple days went away without leaving us anything. Last evening I hand watered the back yard. Our green grass was beginning to yellow up. I'm so tired of this. Where is the rain? I keep watering all the bushes and they are looking healthy.

Except for the tomatoes. I spent some time reading my gardening book. Either bugs or a wilt and hopefully NOT a wilt because there is no cure for that, even chemicals. I did have a bottle of Thuricide which is a completely natural something that's not harmful to veggies, plants, people, or the good bugs we do want. So I mixed up a gallon of that and treated all the veggies. For now I'm crossing my fingers. I did a bunch of pruning. Some of the bushes I brought back from their neglect had good green growth but in amongst dead twigs. So I got rid of all that and they look good again.

Had to help DH (reach for tools, etc. and hold the flashlight) while he tried to fix the switch and gauge on his big truck compressor. All inside the big truck which was like being in a sweat box. We were both dripping. Not fun. Made me sick at my stomach. Last night late I had to drive him to bring back a truck...driving in the dark, not my favorite thing to do.

Need to bring in my laundry. House is beginning to show all the time I'm spending outside. I put some seed in outside too, some beans where the cauliflower didn't thrive. Too late to plant? Probably. Put some zinnia seeds in a couple places too. Disappointed how many seeds they gave in a packet. Stingy.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue May 04, 2021 3:47 pm

Yep, we still have storms rumbling around here. Another possible big round this evening. A lot of this is south of us, we're just getting the edge.

Feeling my way around another case study possibly...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue May 04, 2021 4:33 pm

My day started well and has proceeded smoothly. Since this is part of my 10 days "off" I'm using some of my extra time to tweak and organize my SHE cards. I'm enjoying using them because they work. When I hit a block where something seems hard or just simply isn't getting done, that is an indicator that I need to break the task down into smaller efforts. For me, the SHE cards mean doing small tasks consistently.

I am decluttering 3 rooms. I declutter at least one item a day in each of the rooms. It doesn't seem like much but it is surprising how much change it can make when done consistently. It forces my thoughts into how items can be used or if I can't come up with a use then it is time to let it go. One item at a time is easy and doesn't seem overwhelming.

All of this sent bells ringing, Lady M. I too, have gone back to using my cards and keep thinking of things to add. I'm definitely enjoying using them and getting a lot more done it seems. I'm also not so apt to breeze over something that needs doing when I'm going through my cards each morning.

Just finished my load of laundry -all the way to putting it away. DD stopped at A ldi's on the way home, so helped her take care of the groceries.

I thought she still had to go to the Vet's office for Biscuit's antibiotic but she had called "C hewy" and they called the Vet for a script and are sending it right out. At the vet's 10-days script was $136 -at C hewy: $70. That was a 'no-brainer'.

We're having a cheese pizza for dinner with whatever toppings we each want to put on it. Wonder if we have pepperoni for dsonil. This is the only night dd will be home. She has hockey every other night.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue May 04, 2021 5:44 pm

Hi everyone! CUE HALLELUJAH CHORUS LOUD!!! I stopped child support payments going to the x!!! No, I am not a deadbeat, my legal obligation ends at the later of DD turning 18 (she is 19) or her HS graduation, which is 5/27. Meaning, no 6/1 child support. That will make a serious difference in my monthly budget, right? No, I am just going to pile up that money for her college.

I was wrong about the camper part. All those calls were OUTGOING, which means that either the camper place never called or my phone doesn't take their calls.

The foster cat is still at the vet and I have not heard anything definitive yet. They are calling the cat program coordinator who authorizes the vet treatment. I do know they found pale gums. I don't know of anything non-serious that causes pale gums in cats. Basically, it means not enough blood. Of the things I know can cause it: feline leukemia (fatal, but not likely in this case), heart problems, anemia. In a past cat, chronic intestinal hemorrhaging caused anemia. I was able to control it for 10 years with pills until she died at an assumed age of 12. (Cat ages are based on tooth estimates and hers were extraordinarily good, so she could have been much older. For reference, she was getting gray hair at an assumed age of 5). This cat is already 12.

I am glad Sadie's Billy will be getting a diagnosis soon. DD19 was helped tremendously by getting her autism diagnosis. First she got into the dyslexia program. She didn't qualify earlier because she does not present as typical dyslexia. Where do you put a kid who reads at twice her grade level and spells at half or less? Doesn't matter, autism qualified her to get whatever help she needed, so in she went. She has gotten other help to, but that one was life changing.

ETA: Heidi is seriously ill with anemia. Counts are down to 10%. She has a heart murmur that could be due to not enough blood. We don't yet know why she is anemic.

Return to “Post When You Can”