Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Wednesday PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed May 05, 2021 11:44 am

Good Morning!

Happy Anniversary thoughts and wishes to Kathryn & Ken!

I'm taking a break. Today has started and progressed smoothly.

DS12 got himself up, showered, fed, and off to work on time. He didn't need any input from me and all of it was self-directed. I am so pleased with this. IMHO it is a huge life skill to have.

We did the one-hour team cleaning effort this morning. Each week the floors & bathrooms are cleaned well plus something else deep cleaned and added to the weekly maintenance.

I don't plan on cooking anything today. We have an abundance of leftovers and need to get them used. Tonight we will eat with our church family.

((((LucyLee))) I feel your pain and loss of the lifetime tree. Did it damage any of your home or vehicles when it fell?
Last edited by LadyMaverick on Wed May 05, 2021 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed May 05, 2021 11:47 am

Happy anniversary, Kathryn and Ken!

LadyM, no, no damage to anything, thank goodness.
Also no help from insurance. Sigh.
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed May 05, 2021 11:57 am

I was wondering if your insurance would cover it. Our insurance never has. We have lost many MANY trees over the years. Some have crushed vehicles and landed on the house requiring roof repairs. The insurance covered the house/vehicle damage but not the clean-up and replacement of the trees. If it is just one or two trees we do it ourselves. But there have been 3 times that the tree damage was too much for us to handle by ourselves. This past year we hired a team (7 people) to do tree damage clean-up after one of the storms. They came with big equipment and multiple big trailers to haul off the damaged trees in our yard. Then DH & I still had to do additional trailer loads of branches hauled off for weeks afterward. It is sad to see trees destroyed and/or damaged.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 05, 2021 12:06 pm

hi d lady!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 05, 2021 12:09 pm

As you are probably (and annoyingly 8-) ) aware - I declutter from January to May. I have used books that have made a big difference but I found the "container concept" with Dana white (decluttering at the speed of life) helpful in realizing my home can only hold so much. it is a container.

this video tells the container concept simply.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_24PoIZSmVs

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed May 05, 2021 12:26 pm

Happy Anniversary, In Canadas!
I hope the Mr. is listening to his doctors. He's a VIP and must be protected.

What blessed means is that she annoys me (at least) because she's my declutter buddy until May and then I lose her and miss her until Jan. Sigh. I should copy and paste some of her spring wisdom and quote it in our threads in the without-blessed months. ;)

This morning ds36 came over early and gave me time/work. He worked on the truck (we need a new serpentine belt and that will be simple, thank goodness), he cleaned out an old bird's nest that was nearly inaccessible but worrisome, and he did some tractor work. I sent him away with 3 of the big family-sized cans of favorite beans for the fire dept kitchen. He says they will easily finish them off in one day. :!: I was sorry that his uniform was dirtied by the time he left, but he says he seldom gets through a day without vehicle or odd outdoor work, anyway. I just know he meets with mayor and officials sometimes, too, and I probably let him go looking shabby when he came to me looking pretty sharp.

lucylee, he had to use the tractor to drag off a very large and beautiful downed limb of our Japanese flowering plum, lost last evening to a not-very-rough storm. I'm afraid the tree is now a skeleton of its former, well-shaped self. It is 40 years, maybe 3 stories tall, but now rather weak - I don't think they live as long as many shade trees do.

Ds36 is in such strong athletic shape, it makes me both pleased for him and a little worried about myself since injuring my arm. On that recuperation note, though, we did discover a bit of good news as I demonstrated my progress for him. I'll post in H and F.

Grocery order picked up.

Yesterday I visited my colorist, again choosing the lighter shade, in slow-motion acknowledgment of, as Aunt Bee would quote with a scowl, "We're not spring chickens any mo-er!"

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed May 05, 2021 12:47 pm

Happy Anniversary Kathryn and Ken.

Blessed I watched both those videos. :roll: I have a pen 'thing'. I do so much paperwork everywhere in the house, they're everywhere. I have 3 pen containers. And some in my desk, some in my extra materials box in the closet. And some loose on the counter, also markers in a drawer. I get her concept but these are useful. Every one of them. I have no problem throwing out ones that run out of ink. But the others are all useful. I also have a problem with my sock drawer. It can't fit any others. But they're all useful. I guess that's my problem, useful stuff. Well, I need to think on this.

Rode down to the bank. Dropped off books also. Watered all the bushes outside. I have a yellow squash and a green pepper ready to pluck. I don't want to but I must. Those plants won't produce any more unless I do. But they're so pretty to look at when I'm out there. I guess I'm not growing these veggies as much to eat as to look at out there. Dumb? Probably!

Need to do a statement next. Dailies are done.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed May 05, 2021 12:50 pm

Blessed when I read/saw D.W.'s blog on the "contain"-er concept, I swear a real light bulb went on over my head. I got it in a huge way. Whatever doesn't fit in the container you chose for something can't stay any more. Sometimes with me a bookcase is a container because it contains books.

All of our utility bills and cc bills have been paid for this month. I always feel so much better after this has been done.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed May 05, 2021 2:07 pm

Blessed I just gave that book to my dd.
Been painting on that desk / table.
I can fit most of my tote bags inside of each other!
I watered in the front.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed May 05, 2021 9:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 05, 2021 2:13 pm

d harriet - you are truly one of the sweetest women in the world (you and everyone here are a blessing to me!!!!). how wonderful of your d son! lol on the beans being finished in a day - young men can truly eat - and never gain a pound :D by the way ---- your colorist did a beautiful job!

d Cathy I think you would like dana whites book: "decluttering at the speed of life" and her podcast "A slob comes clean" - I started with #1 on the pod cast. Her concept made so much sense to me too! lol I have been trying to look at my body as a container - that it can only hold so much - not sure if my eyes are bigger than my stomach - understands that concept :lol:

her theory is that everything is a container. you are right d cathy- the book case IS a container!

d harmony I loved my art supplies as well! it's not that it isn't useful but I am finding that if I stay within the limits of the container area that I chose that I am more likely to do things and use the things I love. She says that you can blame the container instead of blaming yourself - if it doesn't fit that means you have too much - blame the container and let it go. (not always an easy concept for me lol)
(yay on your veggies being ready to pick!)

d Nancy - yay on painting your desk!

waving to everyone.

I did something I thought I would never do... my car was soooo bad from last summers/early falls adventures with d dog...I am having the inside of the car - detailed. :shock: I was overwhelmed at the thought - crazy. At least it will be done.

Return to “Post When You Can”