Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: Wednesday PWYC

Postby CathyS » Wed May 05, 2021 3:02 pm

Blessed I already have that book. I follow her on FBook and I read her blog.

Dh cut the back yard and asked me to do the front. I think it's going to pour down any minute.

Dh is in a horrid mood. I think he's frustrated that the calendar is empty, even though he did an oil change this morning and has 1 booked for Friday.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Sadie

Postby Sadie » Wed May 05, 2021 3:06 pm

Hello dear ladies

Dishwasher has been emptied and started to refill

One of my goals is to stay on top of dishes

Last load of laundry in dryer

Two down for naps
DH is watching other two

So taking a nap

Then video chat with kids and their mom

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed May 05, 2021 4:48 pm

I was able to get DD9 enrolled in a week of an art camp in June. That means June has something happening the entire month with 2 weeks of camp and 1 week of VBS for DD9. DS12 has 1 week of camp (a different week than DD9). July is mostly free before school resumes in August.

I'm keeping the nursery (newborn to 2-year-olds) at church tonight. They usually have between 2 to 6 little ones in the nursery. DH said he would check on me and help if I have too many. DH is driving the church van before and after church. He usually has around a dozen kids to pick up and take home.

I've started tracking the ratio of CI/CO (calorie in divided by calorie out). I'm not sure what this ratio is going to tell me so this is just an experiment on myself and the data. I won't know until I track it a while and see how it corresponds to weight change. The more steps I get and/or the fewer calories I consume means my CICO ratio goes down. I'm trying to find the ratio that works for my body.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed May 05, 2021 6:50 pm

We ended up having Chinese food from what is a very popular location. The type where you call and reserve your pick up time and give them your order sometimes a week in advance. They are crazy busy and we haven't ordered from them very often. After the horrid food we had tonight, I don't think we'll be ordering from them again. Very tiny pieces of chicken in the chicken balls AND, worse than that... the egg rolls were absolutely limp. No crunch, no firmness. Yuck. Very few noodles and a LOT of celery in the noodle dish we ordered. The last time I had Chinese food this salty was in the early 80's for goodness sake.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 05, 2021 7:20 pm

hello dear Sadie!
hi d Cathy!
hi d lady!
hello d everyone.

darn it - I slept this afternoon - so frustrating (have a headache)
I don't feel like doing anything.
I think I will do stretches to help me.

see you later!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Wed May 05, 2021 8:16 pm

Happy Anniversary Kathryn and Ken.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Wed May 05, 2021 9:57 pm

Joining in the Happy Anniversary wishes for Kathryn and Ken!
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed May 05, 2021 10:02 pm

I've really been in a bad mood all day -- partly because of the tree, and partly because I've had a headache all day -- all yesterday -- all night... SIGH. DH says he thinks it is sinus-related because of the recent weather changes, and dmom agrees that it may be that, and not the tooth the dentist says has hairline "fractures." I certainly cannot pinpoint any particular tooth that hurts, and it doesn't hurt to eat anything... it just aches from my temple to my jaw. I've also felt cold all day, so I wrapped up in my grandmother's quilt and slept as much as I could today.

I do have a few ta-da's however, and wanted to share! :D
:arrow: LadyM, you inspired me with your "declutter one thing" post last night, and while I was watching NCSI on the dvr, I decided I would do ONE sock box. (I keep my socks sorted in open shoeboxes in my bathroom closet. They are supposed to be rolled/folded sort of Marie Kondo style, but over time, that system definitely loses some structure.) Anyway -- I ended up doing ALL my sock boxes (6 :oops: ) of them, and discarded what totaled one full box. Those are already out of the house and in a garbage bag in the can outside!
And, in case y'all are wondering, noooo, there is NO WAY I need 6 boxes of socks at this point in my life. Some (dressy "trouser socks") I am fairly certain I have not worn since I was teaching (8 years ago! :oops:) But they were still in good condition and I couldn't bring myself to just throw them away. So I thought at least this was a start.
:arrow: After useless call to insurance office (we have an unbelievably high deductible, btw, but as in LadyM's situation, they would only cover $500 for a tree, and then, only if it were on a structure or vehicle)
-- I then s2s,
went to post office
and drug store with dh,
called newspaper office because they failed to deliver our paper,
got some lunch (dh was hungry after eating breakfast several hours earlier than his usual!) and
came home for a nap. ;) I did not sleep well at all last night.
:arrow: DS & dgrands came over and I got some cute pictures of dgrands playing on the fallen tree, ds made a small repair on our storm door
:arrow: Talked to ddil, who wanted to know if I thought her gifts for teacher appreciation week were suitable (I did!)
:arrow: Settled arrangements for her grad party (next Wednesday)
:arrow: Talked to dmom, settled arrangements for Mother's Day
:arrow: Talked to dbil and invited him and his girlfriend and dnephew to grad party (Dbil also lost some trees in the storm as well, but no other property damage)
:arrow: Cooked supper, s/s kitchen

So see, I haven't just wallowed in my misery all day. But I felt like it. :cry:

Tree man will be back tomorrow afternoon. DH and I will be eating out tomorrow night because I cooked up all our menu planning items tonight. ;) Tomorrow should be a better day, except for the $$$, which is also a matter of concern, but still -- there's no way we can do this without paying someone and having them haul it away is a BIG plus. Tree man is a former student of both of ours, and has a very successful business, does most all the work for our city departments and has several trucks. Nice to see him doing so well, and we enjoyed talking with him this morning.

I'm sorry about your tree, too, Harriet. When I was young, I would never have dreamed I'd be so attached to a tree, but it is such a disappointment!

I just keep reminding myself it could have easily been a tornado and we could be in a hotel right now. We never know what a day will bring, and we are truly blessed that this tree fell where it did and nothing more has affected us or any of our neighbors. We just passed the ten year anniversary of some terrible tornadoes in our area, and we know people who lost family members. I was just thinking at the ballgame the other night. Ten years ago, those people probably spent the day just like we were Monday -- sitting in the sunshine, watching their kids play ball, not a care in the world... and 24 hours later, their whole life had changed and they had lost a child. So yes, we are blessed beyond measure and I don't want to ever take that for granted.

Hope you all have a great day tomorrow!
Tomorrow is another day.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed May 05, 2021 10:33 pm

I was sitting reading my gardening book and thought of you, Lucylee. How about a redbud tree or are they too big for your yard? I'm not sure what zone you're in and I'm guessing. But I remember when we were riding up in S Carolina and north we kept seeing these trees that were so gorgeous in full bloom and we asked people and they told us redbud. Course we checked them out and no we can't grow them here, too hot. Another one I thought, how about a dogwood? So beautiful when they bloom. It will be a while until anything grows big enough to shade your porch, unless you pay a fortune for a big one.

What I'd do is look around your neighborhood and everywhere you know people and see what they're growing that you like and ask them how difficult they are. Redbuds have seed pods that grow seedlings around the base... every tree has its problems I guess. Can you grow bottlebrush trees? I have trouble figuring my stuff out, we are just on the line between 2 zones and I can't figure out which...so some things work when they say and some don't.

But I sympathize with you about losing a favorite tree. I'm sure glad it didn't come through your roof...would have been an awful way for you to get that roof work done you need!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed May 05, 2021 11:32 pm

Well, there's an answer for my weakening, 40-year-old flowering plum tree :

... relatively short life span of 20 years or less.

I'm so glad no one ever told the tree or me.

lucylee, you were blessed not to have a tornado level wind or a lost part of your house, yes. Hard to see the good things when you just had a pretty tree yesterday, though, isn't it?

Return to “Post When You Can”