Thursday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: Thursday PWYC

Postby CathyS » Thu May 06, 2021 10:07 pm

Dh said we should just buy a proper trimmer. I said no. Said I can just do it with the long armed cutters that we already have. This way, it's quiet and they don't hear it from their side of the fence. I like quiet. I'm not the type to yell and jump up and down. I'm not a fighter or a loud, yelling, nagging type of person. I can go out at midnight and trim stuff and you won't hear me doing it. Not that I would ever do that, but... just saying. :lol:
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu May 06, 2021 10:59 pm

Twins, did you ever find the office chair that disappeared from your front porch? If you've said, I missed it.

I'm still looking at trees. Just love reading about them and seeing the pictures. We have as many as we can possibly have on our 1/2 acre. DH planted a mango somebody gave him in the front yard and they get really really big. I think it's too close to the driveway and it's going to just be a mess there. He wants to keep the big space in the middle of our back yard free of trees so 'kids' can run around there and play...but I think he's totally forgotten that our 'kids' (grandkids) are all grown up and don't do that any more. I've been toying with the idea of secretly 'feeding' and 'watering' that mango until it goes away... :oops: dare I? Neither of us really likes mangos anyway. When friend gives us some, they always go bad.

Ok, Lucylee, here's one not to plant, a sequoia. The largest known tree in the world is a sequoia in California, 2000 yrs old, 274' tall and the trunk circumference is 85'. :lol: I did look up Bradford Pears and their problems. My goodness. They are beautiful but I don't know why anybody plants them they are so problematic. And did you all know you can find an original Johnny Appleseed apple tree? This one has been documented and known to be one of his originals and someone has the propagation rights and makes grafts of it and they're exactly like the original and produce like crazy. I think that's fun!

I brought in the straight neck squash I grew and baked it ala Joy of Cooking and it was delicious! I hope my plants produce more.

Blessed, congratulations on getting so much work done on your house. It sounds lovely.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 07, 2021 8:26 am

you are very sweet - the house needs major repairs and painting but at least the clutter leaving our home is wonderful. I still have dd older to go through her stuff and dh has gotten rid of things this time but there is more. I can't do anything about that. (I am truly proud of what he has allowed to go out of the home). All those videos I play must be getting through to him lol
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”