hello Friday pwyc

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: hello Friday pwyc

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 07, 2021 12:59 pm

d Nancy ((((for your sweet dog))))
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri May 07, 2021 1:46 pm

Hello Dolly! Thanks for starting, Blessed.

RRose, that tree burned down in 2012, was burned by a drug user. It was a Bald Cyprus also called a Senator Tree and was 125' tall, the 5th oldest they said, 3500 years old. How do they know way back then how old a tree was? It was in Longwood FL and I drove past Longwood many times going to DD's and if I'd known we'd have stopped to see it. Trees are just amazing.

Twins, I'm glad they replaced your chair for you. Too bad people steal like that.

Nancy, poor doggie, glad it's getting better. Hope there's no more poison around.

Usual stuff done here. Was reconciling a bank account and somehow got started cleaning out my desk. Sometimes I just get started doing a spot without thinking about it. I took everything out of the drawers and redid it all. Took some things back to the office supplies box in the office closet. I don't use up as many supplies as quickly as I used to. No need to have them out there. I tidied the supplies box too and 4 pencil cups. I did throw a bunch of old pens away I'll never use. I found about 12 permanent broad tip markers. :roll: Out of all that, to the donate bin: 1 staple remover (I have too many) and to the recycle bin 3 pieces of cardboard. Bit by bit...

Going out to water.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri May 07, 2021 1:49 pm

I'm still going here...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Fri May 07, 2021 2:28 pm

Hey, all! I wrote a post yesterday, but it turns out I never hit "submit."

Joining Twins in suffering from the Idonwannas today. Did take the car to have my mechanic give his appraisal of the damage to the side door when the woman backed into me (he thought it could be repaired, not easily, but it wouldn't require a new door), then took it to another body shop for an estimate -- the folks there, unlike the first body shop the mechanic recommended, concurred that a new door was not needed and gave an estimate several hundred dollars less than the first guys. Now I have to decide whether to accept the couple's offer, see if they will give me more, or just go to insurance -- or, since the mechanic and this second shop don't think the door has a safety issue, just forget about it.

I suppose I will attack the never-ending laundry.
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri May 07, 2021 2:33 pm

Finished another page of the "Fight " cross stitch that I am making for dd. Now I have 3 of the 4 words finished and that darn ribbon. I have just started the edge of something in a new colour, so that was nice to see.

If you ever intend to sell the vehicle, you should get it fixed Mystery.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri May 07, 2021 2:50 pm

I'm still working. The sprinkler guy is coming by soon and dh is home to deal with him. I don't have to listen to dh tell me what to tell him and be the go-between. :D
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri May 07, 2021 3:23 pm

I went to a yard sale, the plant sale met a friend there, she bought me breakfast we had a 2 hr visit.
Dson just posted a pic of him & s/o & older dog and one that was in hosp. On their way home all smiles!!!
Dgd is here this afternoon.

Sheets are back on the bed, found another load to do it is in the dryer.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri May 07, 2021 4:24 pm

Hurray!!!! After an entire year I was able to go into my library! I spent 90 minutes browsing and brought home 7 books. Life is good!!!

I’m not doing anything today but reading. Not even gonna feel guilty about it. The house will still be here tomorrow.

Harmony that’s terrible abut the tree! I used to live in Casselberry part of the time that we were in the Navy and we were always looking for free or cheap stuff to do since we were so poor back then.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri May 07, 2021 4:38 pm

I'm calling WHB done. I did skip some things, however I suspect I will be able to do less cleaning with no dog fur or her tracked in grass/dirt. I feel sad about that and how I used to have to clean around her because she didn't want to budge sometimes.

I took the vacuum cleaner apart and washed the canister and the filters. After all the drywall dust I figured they needed cleaning up.

I'm going to have some downtime before I start supper.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri May 07, 2021 4:40 pm

LadyM, I don't think dgs8 is TOTALLY self-sufficient in the hair-washing department. I don't really trust him to rinse well -- or to wash well! In the spring he gets his hair cut really short -- not a "buzz cut" but pretty short. He can rinse okay while it's that short, but when it starts growing out and getting thicker, he will leave lots of shampoo in there if I don't help him rinse. He doesn't mind me being in the bathroom with him still, so surely he will get the hang of this by the time his modesty kicks in. I don't know what they do when he's home, but a lot of the time, he looks like he needs to wash his hair, IMHO (when it is longer.)
DGD5 wants to be self-sufficient and thinks she is, but she still needs some assistance too.
I have heard a lot of good stuff about the wet brush. I think dgd has one.

So. THIS. THIS is why we need routines.
If we don't have routines, we skip the laundry for one day and one day becomes two, and two becomes three, and then a tree falls and Lucy falls into depression and here we are (were) at midnight last night thinking, "I have two options for clothing for the ballgame tonight" --
(1) wear the same jeans I've worn the last two days or
(2) wear jeans that likely won't be completely dry after washing.
:evil: :evil: :oops: :oops: :roll: :roll:
DH suggested washing ONLY the one pair of jeans I needed, on quick wash cycle, so I got them out before I went to sleep, and they are hanging to dry in the laundry room doorway. I do not want to dry my pants completely in the dryer because I worry about shrinkage, but I think these will be dry enough that they won't be uncomfortable in another hour.
SIGH.

I have another load in the wash/dry cycle now and I am going to try to let this be a lesson to me.

I've also been on the phone, texting all day, re: dfriend's husband I mentioned in prayer request. Talking to her and another mutual friend. The husband is scheduled for surgery tomorrow.

Today is the 8th anniversary of my ddad's death, and that always gets me all in my feelings too. My dad and I had such a complicated relationship -- I know he loved me and I loved him, but we butted heads on practically every issue that came up from the moment I learned to talk. And yes, we were Just Alike in sooo many ways. Such perfectionists, both prone to obsessing and worrying about everything, quick-tempered especially with the people closest to us. But still so many things come up and I think, "I wish my daddy was here to fix this, or take care of this situation, or tell me what he thinks..." I guess you never stop missing your dad -- or mom.
Of course, I am sooo sooo thankful for my mom this weekend, and the changes she has experienced since ddad's death. She was in a rough place the first few years, and dh maintains that I saved her life, but I am just grateful that she is relatively healthy and managing to have a good life today.

Waving to ALL. Must go flip the laundry!

(((Twins)))
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”