hello Friday pwyc

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: hello Friday pwyc

Postby Nancy » Fri May 07, 2021 5:16 pm

LM I was hair dresser, you can buy spray on detangler, had dd start from the ends of hair and work up to the scalp.

Dgd is doing her home work this afternoon, it is cold and windy so glad I got to the laundry started it in the middle of the night.
I should be vacuuming. :roll:

I need to make Jell-o and get it going to set up. The cream cheese can be softening.
I watered the varigated leaf iris I got it is ready to go in but I am thinking where I want it to be but it is cold and windy outside.

It is a good day for soup.

Dgd helped me make jello to set up before the ingredients for it to become salad tomorrow.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri May 07, 2021 7:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri May 07, 2021 5:27 pm

Tomorrow is the annual clean-up day in our little town. That means we can take all our junk to a central location and the town will haul it off for free. Today DH and I teamed up to remove some chain link fence so we can haul it off tomorrow. It involved digging (fence was buried about 18"), pulling and cutting more tree limbs. We have several water hoses that have been gathered and will be hauled away too. If I can get my motivation going I want to switch mattresses today. My plan involved moving 5 mattresses so it is going to involve several rooms and be a general PITA. Once it is done, we can haul off the 5 extra to the clean-up day site and be done with them. Used mattresses are one of the items that can't be donated to our favorite charity.

It took me 2 hours to make the pot of soup. There was lots of chopping, weighing, and recording ingredients. However, it is nothing different than I've done before in less time. Work indeed expands to fill the time available.

DD9 does okay with brushing her hair. It is the washing of her hair that she doesn't do well. Or taking a shower.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri May 07, 2021 5:46 pm

LadyM mattresses cannot be donated here either, to my knowledge.

Just got pants for dh from A river. I have to send them back because they are much too small. I re-ordered the largest size they had, because they have a drawstring waist.

Had the macaroni and pasta sauce with meat and onions. Dh loved it. I had 1 serving. I used a can of spicy sauce, which I knew I wasn't going to like. Oh, well. I'm going to make myself some toast with grape jelly on it. Maybe a hint of peanut butter.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri May 07, 2021 6:27 pm

Hi everyone! Monthly reports are done, but they want additions to one. By next Friday. One of my friends wants to go on the next camping trip with me in two weeks. It is with the RV club, so I will have to check with them. I expect it will be ok, membership is by rig and she will be in mine. I have made the decision that when people want to camp with me for short times, we will each bring our own food. Simplifies matters. Not sure how she will fit in with this group of mostly older retirees who played cards and board games Saturday evening rather than drink and listen to music around a campfire. I like cards and board games and the last trip was too cold to be outside at night. This time it will be warmer so we can gather outside, but I expect it will still be games.

Another foster cat is at the vet, but this one is just a check up. The sick one still has pale gums, but is continuing to improve. I have a long list of mostly short tasks for tonight, except for finish the bills and budget. I finally get my camper part tomorrow that has been on order since JULY.

I suggest Harmony try making some mango wine!

DeeClutter: When I was in high school, I was delinquent in depositing the checks from my job. I had no expenses and the money was not going to be used until fall for college. This would be a good time to teach him about direct deposit and deposit by phone - both good life skills to have.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri May 07, 2021 6:57 pm

I agree, Elizabeth, BUT, his employer for whatever reason does not have Direct Deposit which he and I would like. And I've tried a few times, unsuccessfully, to deposit by phone. I can do it with both our other banks but for some reason can't through this institution. May try again after I get up north. It's a bit of an inconvenience to go to the bank, but he does if he happens to be going that way to DS-A's (which is seldom) or the Fire department. That might be this Monday -or at least the following one.

Just finished my dinner. Warmed up some leftover spaghetti for me. Dsonil had Kentucky Fried chicken left over from his lunch. He slept off the anesthesia all afternoon. Think dd brought him home from the surgical center around noon (colonoscopy).

Didn't talk with dh last night. I went to Trivia with dd. First time in over 14 months. Think the last I was there was March 5th or end of February, 2020. There were just 3 of us. Our 'captain', dd and myself. Ended up winning 1st -a $50 gift card for the restaurant. We were 30 points ahead of the 2nd place team. They've completely changed the scoring and a lot is left to strategy and chance. Had enough in card $$ that we all only gave a good tip.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri May 07, 2021 7:15 pm

Mattresses are all switched. My arms got a good workout and feel limp as spaghetti noodles now. Sheets are in the dryer. I'll remake the beds when they are dry.

DS12 is home from work and taking a nap. He leaves in an hour to attend a Youth lock-in. DS12 isn't happy with me but such is life. I'm saying NO to DS12 request to stay up all night long doing high-energy activities with his friends AND work tomorrow. I told him that he had a choice. He can stay up all night with his friends and not work tomorrow. OR He can stay at the lock-in with his friends until 11'ish then come home get a good night's sleep and work tomorrow. I'm fairly sure he will pick coming home at 11pm tonight.

Soup has finished and been put into individual portions. It made 17 servings.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”