HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY SUNDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY SUNDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Sun May 09, 2021 9:46 am

To all of you who ever have been a mother or had a mother, Happy Mother's Day.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY SUNDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Sun May 09, 2021 9:56 am

Paint me "confused". DS-A's family is in quarantine as DIL-A has tested positive for Covid. As far as I knew they all had Covid back in December. Now I'm wondering..... That's when they decided it was a good plan to fly down to Disney for a week. They even took their niece with them. So am wondering if they just assumed they had Covid? (And we also thought DIL had moved out -obviously not the case, not yet anyway.)

DD and I are going to P ublix shortly. We definitely are almost out of water -get it from a machine in gallon bottles. Have 10 empties. They really didn't have much on sale that we need/want this week. Do need to get coffee creamer.

Talked to dh just for a couple of minutes last night while he was at the race track and again this morning for about 20 minutes.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun May 09, 2021 10:34 am

Hi!!

Group hug for everyone missing their mother today.

Dh went fishing before I woke up. I went grocery shopping and had everything put away before he got home.

Lots of men walking out of 3 various pharmacies with a card in 1 hand and flowers in the other. That's just the ones I saw as I was driving to and from the grocery store.

Tonight is BBQed chicken drumsticks. Nobody is coming over. It's a gorgeous day here. No wind and lots of sunshine and blue skies.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun May 09, 2021 11:11 am

I slept in.
Celebrated yesterday with family at dd grad celebration at dson's was nice, saw dd there and grands.
I have bought shrimp for today it's frozen & cleaned.
I have some daily's to pay attn to after ignoring some of them last week.
Tables to sand and paint if I want I am thinking a work space crafting table.

Last evening I swept seeds see and pruned roses back from the deck stairs so much better now.
Dgd want h. Old 77 ford pick up truck so she will talk to dson about that. It would be nice to have that gone.
They are getting rooms ready to rent out in their basement.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun May 09, 2021 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun May 09, 2021 11:43 am

Morning...

I am in the process of watering my flowers. It’s gonna be a lazy day with Sweetie taking me to one of our favorite places to eat tonight.

Yesterday I went down the rabbit hole trying to answer my former husband and my sons dad answer.... yes we are on very friendly terms. His family lived outside of Knoxville and he wanted to know which side of the Civil War his ancestors fought on...that lead to a very interesting discovery.

His last name is Smith, like there aren’t enough of them in the world. Anyway his great grandfathers name was William Washington Smith and his middle name always puzzled me, because on my former husband mother side his great grandfathers name was George Washington Ward. I thought the middle name Washington was a tribute to our first president.

However upon further investigation, I discovered that Wm W Smiths father, William Smith, was born in Ireland in 1722, came to America settled in VA and served as a general UNDER Washington during the American Revolution War.

I also discovered that my former husband’s family ... Wm W Smith... served in the Union Army during the Civil War.

Think I’ll go down the hole again today to see what else I can find.

Off to start my day... enjoy your special day!!!
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Sun May 09, 2021 12:21 pm

Good morning! (barely, here) Happy Mother's Day to all of you!

Definitely one of those missing my mother today. Her ward at the nursing home is closed to visitors until at least next Monday due to one of the workers testing positive for Covid. I am hoping I will be able to visit her for her birthday next Tuesday. But at least she is still with us, even if she isn't with it.

Definitely not having good weather here. We are having a cold all-day rain. This afternoon's baseball game has already been rescheduled.

No Mother's Day plans that I know of. It's possible I might be surprised with something. DD went to Mass with DH, and they should have been home a while ago, so they might have run out to get something. Or they might have gone for gas or orange juice.

I've been wondering about all your furniture painting, Nancy, whether it was for yourself or to give/sell, but it sounds like that work table is definitely for you.

Hoping we can play a game before or after the weekly Zoom call. Going to veg now, I think.
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun May 09, 2021 1:42 pm

Happy Mother's Day!

I woke up before 6am and was ready to get started on my day. We went to the early church service and then small group study. Both were excellent and I thoroughly enjoyed them.

The plan was to eat lunch out but after 45 minutes of trying we gave up. It is CRAZY how crowded the restaurants are. Thankfully we keep a good stock of quick foods on hand. I put some frozen chicken patties in the Air fryer and Hawaiian Rolls into the oven. I used those 2 ingredients to assemble 16 Chicken Slingers and served them with a mixed green salad.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun May 09, 2021 1:43 pm

I think I will keep the big table for a counter work space area in the rec room.
The small one will replace a press board one I did this spring, that one most likely will be donated.
Dd wanted a table for clothes folding when if she moves so may want the larger one someday, in any
Case I can learn and improve my painting techniques on these.

Got veg. Planted taking a rest break before I do flowers mowing needs to happen not sure if I will do it today.
I moved some tulips that did not do well in the spot they were in, and daffs that were not very visible put them where I can see them better.
Got red double tulips bulbs at the plant sale those are planted now in the tulip area.
Next up plant two leaf iris, in the area iris seem to love and 2 petunias not sure where just yet.
Done x.

Gave the neighbor gal some flowers for their mom, and an ice cream bucket they did not have a vase or bucket,
Some iris blew over in the wind and some roses needed cut back a bit, this way the blooms were not wasted.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun May 09, 2021 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun May 09, 2021 2:03 pm

Happy mothers day!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun May 09, 2021 2:08 pm

praying for your dear family dee (sorry they have covid)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”