HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY SUNDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY SUNDAY

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun May 09, 2021 2:39 pm

First chance I've had to post. I did get to sleep late, and ds and dd came over around 11 with take out brunch from a favorite restaurant. Dh and ds went off to V erizon store for new phones, and I just sent dd home so I can take a nap.

DD has accepted the job offer in NJ and she and I need to drive up there to look at apartments and such. I feel sad she's leaving but it's a good opportunity for her.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun May 09, 2021 4:04 pm

Twins - Congratulations to your DD!

This is the final day of my 10 day break. I've enjoyed the change of pace. Tomorrow we will start our summer schedule. DD9 schedule is easy. However, I'm not sure how we are going to combine DS12 work & school schedule. We have never attempted this before. I know it can be done, but I suspect it will take some experimenting and tweaking.

DS12 slept about 23 hours from 7am yesterday to 7am today. He only woke up a couple of times to eat & drink then went back to sleep almost immediately. He was one tired kid.

DH is spending time with his DMom this afternoon. This is my first Mother's Day without my DMom.
Last edited by LadyMaverick on Sun May 09, 2021 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun May 09, 2021 4:09 pm

Dgd just left she picked up something from the shop a gear puller from the farm and a gift.
It was good to have her and so see the house and look over things here and offered to help if I need it hauling stuff off in the trailer.
Good to see them and she wants the truck as I mentioned in the other post soon as I get the title stuff done when covid stuff is easier to go paperwork.

I got out the fertilizer spreader and cleaned it up that is next I need to think about it I know I have done some of that before the grass needs to be wet and not sure if I need to mow before or after doing that. Looked it up mow first did thst got yard fertilized. Watered before & after. I need to ri se out the spreader.

Had my lunch it was time to eat and with all that digging I needed it.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun May 09, 2021 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun May 09, 2021 4:22 pm

LadyM, it's my second Mother's Day without my mom. I'm missing her. A lifetime of celebrating Mothers Day with our mothers and then they're gone from us.

I took an excellent nap.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun May 09, 2021 4:47 pm

Lady M without her Mom for the 1st Mother's Day, Twins on her 2nd without her Mom. I'm sure many of us here are without our Moms -know it's my 35th Mother's Day without my DMom (she was way too young when she suddenly passed), but there's no limit of time in missing them is there! I was just talking with dd about how glad I was she made me a Mom for the first time and that she's still my best friend.

We went to P ublix for a few things and had to go around "Robin Hood's barn" to get there because an intersection is closed. She wanted C offee M ate M & M creamer and they had none but called around and found 2 at another P ublix not too far away so went there. We'd also stopped at DD on the way to get a frozen coffee. Now she had it in her head that she wanted one. Left the 2nd P ublix and headed back to Lakeland the long way to another DD. So had a very nice Sunday drive and a royal treat to boot.

Next Saturday she and I are going on a 'road trip' to Altamonte Springs, FL to the Christmas Tree S hop and to the H ome Depot there. She's wanted a rolling tool box for her craft room. It was going to be September before she got one at H arbor F reight in white and they have one in A Springs. She'll order it online today so they'll hold it for her. It's going to work really nice in the art room.

She has to go to Tampa tomorrow to pick up kits for the testing protocol for N H L. No longer will they have to be to a game 1 1/2 to 2 hours earlier as long as they're fully vaccinated. Now she will only have to do this 'spit test' in front of her computer once a week -if they have games. Playoff schedule hasn't been announced yet so she has no idea when/if she'll be able to go to NY. It would be nice if they would now allow people to carpool to the games. She had been riding together with another person from here until they instituted that rule last fall/winter. Some people haven't been able to go because of getting out of work too late to make it in time for the testing procedure at the arena. Had she still been working at her former school in Davenport/Clermont there's no way she would have been able to do it herself this year. She wouldn't even be out till 3 o'clock. She's out before 2:30 here and goes directly to Tampa from school. Now she'll have a little breather.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun May 09, 2021 5:38 pm

I'm watching episodes of The Mentalist. I'm suspect that it will take me several months to watch all 151 episodes of this show.

I took down about half of DD9 LED lights around the walls of her bedroom and installed the lights in a different pattern. they look better now and should be more secure.

I transplanted some volunteer flower plants that came up. Hopefully, they will survive being moved.

The wind is blowing so hard that it broke a couple of tomato branches. I've put those in water to see if I can clone them. Since the gopher ate several of my tomato plants, I don't have as many as I started the season with.

I went through a box of things that I bought when we auctioned off DParents stuff last fall. To speed up the process of clearing out DParents' home we put one treasured item in a box then filled the box with random stuff. I don't remember why I bought this box. I know I didn't buy it for the 6 landline telephones, alarm clock, daily pill containers, dozens of drinking cups, and many old wrist watches, I'm donating all that. I did keep DDaddys pocket knife and his cell phone. The clamshell cell phone hasn't been used in years but it still had a charge! They don't make 'em like they used to! I want to go through the photos on the phone to see if there are any I want to keep.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun May 09, 2021 6:15 pm

Happy Mother’s Day to you all!!
(((Big Hugs))) to those who are missing your moms today, or missing the ones who made you moms. (My heart is heavy on days like this for my dfriend, whose daughter is still living but has been estranged from them for many years now.)

We’ve had a great day, although exhausting.
Dmom came to our church; then we all sat around while dgs had piano lessons...
then we all ate at restaurant right across the parking lot from the church. No wait! Such a relief!
Then ddil went home to sleep and the rest of us took dmom’s present to her house. (Dbro and I got her a coffee table with a top that extends up so it’s the right height for eating or working while sitting on the couch. She’s been looking at these for awhile.)
THEN, took DS home, took dgrands to Wmart with us.
After we put away the groceries, dgrands played for awhile, and I did my Sunday weekly tasks...
Took dgrands home...
Read the paper for a little while.
Now DH wants to go get supper before the Braves play. Smh...
Tomorrow is another day.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun May 09, 2021 6:43 pm

I can't remember if it's 53 or 54 years since my mom died. I was way too young. She was in her 30's and married to an emotionally abusive man. Same man that didn't say "I love you" to me until I was in my 50's. He only said it because his 2nd wife died that day and he needed another woman to clean his house and I lived the closest. Thank goodness I worked full time.

In awesome news... my dd called today and we talked for almost an hour!
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun May 09, 2021 7:16 pm

If you look

way

down

there (pointing at bottom of screen)

there is a recipe section. I have asked for potato salad recipes. Dh wants me to make him potato salad tomorrow. We will have cooled potatoes and eggs in the fridge waiting for me to magically come up with a potato salad.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun May 09, 2021 10:50 pm

(Hugs) for all those missing mothers or family members who weren't able to visit.

I got a surprise today. Thursday I got a card from one DD. Other DD called really early this morning, I was still in bed. A minute later there she was at the door with 3 DGSons. I had no idea they were coming. DH already was in church so we got ready and went to the 2nd service and DH stayed with us. We went for lunch on the way home. I didn't want to try any of our overcrowded restaurants so I suggested a soup/salad/sandwich place and they were ok with that.

After they went to visit their other grandmother, we had a nice afternoon at home. Played card games together just like we did when they were little. 16 - 21 yr olds playing go fish and then our own brand of poker. Nobody could call it gambling the way we do it. We use the chips but lend to each other when we get low and I was out first so I just used the "bank". :lol: I guess it's about sitting together doing something. They had to leave in the afternoon to get DGSs tuxedo from yesterday's wedding (his friend) back to the store before they closed. It was a real treat to see them. I have a nice potted hydrangea and I think we're too hot for it outside but after a bit I might try it in a shaded spot.

Dee, I'm sorry DSA's family have Covid again. I have read that some people get it again...I guess they don't develop enough antibodies...or maybe he just really didn't have it before.

Return to “Post When You Can”