Mundane Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Mundane Monday

Postby Nancy » Mon May 10, 2021 10:57 pm

I saw a pair of phesants in the front yard the other day. It was seven ish.
I watered the grass this evening.

Harmony

Re: Mundane Monday

Postby Harmony » Mon May 10, 2021 11:39 pm

Up north where we used to live there was a field next to us. A farmer planted corn there and harvested it. I think quite a bit of corn was left and we had a lot of pheasants come to eat. We had no hunting signs posted.

Lucylee, call a landscaper and find out if they could do this. Those bushes would be wonderful to have. Maybe they could just take part of some and get them to reroot somewhere at your place. I'd do it in a heartbeat! Did I tell you all the new neighbors nextdoor finally put in landscaping around their house. When they moved in they removed everything that was there and left it bare for a while. So a company came and they put in stones all around for mulch (I hate stone mulch) and some odd plants. She told DH they paid $5,000 for the work. :o Please excuse me if I'm repeating.

I got 3 more Lantana and a Cleome (spider plant). The cleome is nice and bushy and is some kind of a hybrid. The ones our father grew were tall spikes with the flower at the top. This one has a bunch of flowers and is more bushy. I hope it survives.

I've read 2 more gardening books from the library. I don't think I'm getting any smarter about any of this, but they're interesting.

Ok, late, time for bed.

Return to “Post When You Can”