Mundane Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
MysteryWoman

Mundane Monday

Postby MysteryWoman » Mon May 10, 2021 9:09 am

Whether or not you have anything exciting on the agenda, doing those everyday, ordinary, daily tasks keeps your life in order. So what’s in store for your Monday?
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

blessedw2

Re: Mundane Monday

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 10, 2021 9:14 am

oh I needed this. - I thought it was Sunday when I woke up lol. so now I am in shock :lol:
that means real work. It is definitely a mundane day. I might as well start instead of just thinking about it.

hello d mystery!!! thank you for starting us!
hello everyone.

see you soon (fingers crossed) My ADHD is really on this morning!!! Don't overthink and just act.

worst thing on my list: emptying the fridge of food I wasted that is now rotting. GUILT is stopping me working on it. Just do it.

have a wonderful day!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon May 10, 2021 9:30 am

Just trying to think of an adjective, Mystery, and you came to the rescue! Thank you!

Today is indeed mundane. Dh's new TV is to be installed today between 10 and 2. I sure wish it had been installed Saturday with him at home, because I have to answer for it if it's not right. ;)

I have a three p.m. much anticipated webinar to join. Small class, a master of genealogy in using Word and former co editor of a major journal. I could listen to him all day - it's a challenge just to absorb all he can impart.

I need to figure out supper tonight - something light, hopefully. Lately grilled chicken breasts have been my mainstay for Monday nights after eating too much over the weekend.

I need to get with dd today to figure out when we can drive to NJ. When she was here yesterday we were talking about next Monday, but then as she left she said if we went on Monday, she had to be back for services on Friday night at temple. :shock: I think that cuts it too short to effective meet people at her employer, and at the Jewish federation, and scope out areas and find an affordable apartment that she likes. She looked for quite a long time before ending up where she is right now. And we had talked about making some scenic/historical stops along the drive back. It's a 12 hour trip from here. So we need to talk again.

I'm worrying about the effect of moving her on my free time. I know I'm selfish but I love doing genealogy work and this will be a major interruption, in addition to the construction we just got through, a week at the beach 30 May - 6 June, and possibly longer, and another week at the beach the week she starts work up there.

I have started sheets in the washer, I'm washing first with cold water because I had a zit on my neck that I had scratched and got blood on the sheet. I'm hoping it comes out, then I'll wash again in hot water.

Need to get in the shower next. I have never been able to get up and shower before anything else.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Mon May 10, 2021 9:40 am

Sorry, I stink at themes. Anyhow, good morning!

Unfortunately for me, progress on my dailies is a bit thwarted right now. The younger denizens are all sleeping in, so there’s not much point in cleaning the bathroom before they’ve all been in it, and I don’t want to start a load of wash when someone might want to take a shower at any minute. Dishes are ready to unload, but I was going to have DD and her houseguest do that. C. has been champing at the bit to earn her keep, and putting away dishes is one easy way once she learns where everything is kept.

Oh, C. is up and about now and has hit the shower. Once she’s done, she intends to hit the nearby donut shop to get donuts for everyone. That should pry the other two out of bed. Hmm... I’ll have to give her cash to buy some coffee grounds, since we don’t normally keep them around. She may refuse the cash, since the coffee’s for her, but she is a houseguest and a poor college student.

I suppose if all else fails, I can go outside and get some sunlight and some steps in.
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon May 10, 2021 10:48 am

Morning...

As usual, it’s horse day for me, so my morning routines include putting my lunch together. I also have to add ice to my small cooler that I use to keep my arctic towel in.

I ordered a cooling vest from Amazon to help with the heat once the temps hit over 100*. You wet it and then wear it and as the water evaporates of the vest it acts to cool you. This concept is the same as Elizabeth’s swamp cooler and works best with very low humidity. My arctic towel works the same way and so far has been very helpful.

Went down the rabbit hole yesterday only to get very frustrated with the information I found. Several documents contradict each other so I need to sit back and think about how to approach it next.

Off to start my day... waving to y’all :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon May 10, 2021 11:56 am

Not doing much on my routines but one round was successful, as I localed paper work for a task this week yea for success early on in my day yea!
Planning done, doing journaling in the evening trying that for a bit to see how that works for me it will free up some morning and daylite hours for am routines.
Bed i s made.
Decluttering done
Sorted somethings to shread counting that for declawing.

S2s needs to happen.
Kit. Needs attn.
B.W.P. needs attention.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon May 10, 2021 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon May 10, 2021 12:08 pm

Hi!

A friend brought over 2 trout yesterday so we are having that for supper along with potato salad. Lots of eggs, lots of green onion, lots of paprika. Besides Miracle Whip, I don't know what else is in it. I don't think dh even puts salt or any other seasoning (other than the paprika). Oh, well.

Dh went and got the new belt for the lawnmower, so once again I woke up to the sound of the compressor. He also ordered me a hedge trimmer even though I said I didn't want one. It will be electrical so "you can use your bright pink extension cord".

I need to go do some errands, like go to both banks. I also have the A river package to go back.

Very windy day here, but sunny.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon May 10, 2021 1:00 pm

RR, one frequently finds conflicting info, it's why case studies exist! Assemble all your info and analyze and correlate. Could there be more than one person by that name? Which info fits together and what doesn't?

TV people are still here. (drumming my fingers to get upstairs.) Dh even came home for a bit because I told him they seemed unsure about themselves.

I've been lollygagging mostly. Went off on a tangent answering a Facebook question and kind of went down the rabbit hole. I'm going to head upstairs now and plan to finish the laundry and kitchen later. I took out some fajita chicken and veggies that dh bought at Costco for our supper. We have wraps to use with them, and some sliced strawberries to add to the meal.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon May 10, 2021 1:40 pm

Mystery - Thanks for the start today!

I had a good start to my day and have enjoyed steadily completing one SHE card after another. I find it to be a stress-free way of getting things done. No decision needed, just do the next card. Repeat frequently.

I made a big pot of Spaghetti & meat sauce for the family. I'm eating a fried chicken strip & leftover quiche that DD45 made and delivered yesterday. I had 500 calories available today for random things so I decided to divide the calories between the chicken strip and the quiche. That was an eye-opening experience. I used the scale to know the exact amount of grams in each food. The quiche filled about 3/4 of my plate with a HUGE amount while the fried chicken strip was very small in comparison. Volume food vs compact foods is interesting to see IRL.

I'm getting myself back into school marm mode. DD9 is working on her school assignments now. I talked to DS12 before he left this morning and reminded him about school work that has to be done today. He said he would do it tonight. I reminded him that school was the priority over his job. If we can't find a way to do both, then the job will be reduced or eliminated.

Yesterday I was talking with DS48 and DDIL. DDIL was very vocal and critical of our decision to let DS12 work. In these situations, I try just to listen and not respond in kind but to step back and look at the bigger picture. DS12 and DGS14 (their son) talk every day. Now that DS12 is working, DGS14 wants a job too. DDIL is against DGS14 getting a job. Neither one of the boys need the job for the money but they like it for the challenge and independence factors. They just bought DGS14 a BMW convertible because he can drive in their state. I suspect DDIL is feeling the apron strings being stretched and wants to slow time down to keep DGS14 a kid as long as possible.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 10, 2021 2:28 pm

exhausted but happy
cleaned refrigerator - well
and the back room fridge
I did he toss of the wasted food (composted it with the city) and promising myself to stay within what we can physically eat instead of having veggies and fruit for 25 people. 8-)

the 2 fridges, the kitchen, papers, moving things from 3 season room to where they fit and belong - cleaning out the garage to the last of what we need right now - dh did very well with this (he still has some exceptions that really should go but I am happy with what he did do!) has been a blessing.

I worked from 7:30 to 1pm = dh did the dishes as well to help - yay!

I still have to take our fold up wagon (we use for concerts) from the 3 season room to the garage
right now rest the old body and ankle
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”