Tricky Tues.

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Tricky Tues.

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 11, 2021 6:05 pm

I made a quick 50+ mile drive to pick up my prescription that DH forgot to pick up yesterday. He offered to go get it today but I needed to get out of the house. While there I got stocked up with the kind of lettuce that I like (romaine hearts). I'm throwing the kind of lettuce DH bought yesterday into the compost (pre cut romaine) because no one will eat that.

DBro got an ALL GOOD from his cancer test/checkup. YES! He immediately called and made reservations to attend a couple of out-of-state rodeos this summer. It's going to be a good summer for him.

I called and visited with DSis. She is very sore, in pain and can barely move after putting down 12 bags of mulch yesterday. I suspect there are two types of people. Those who attack a project with great gusto and stick with it until it is finished.....even if it means they can't move for days afterward. The other type of person breaks down a project and does it in multiple small steps over a period of time. Last year when I was putting down mulch, I did one or two bags a day. DSis and I have always been different in almost every way. We are opposites in our ways of getting things done. We both reach the same end result but we would drive each other crazy if we had to work together.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue May 11, 2021 6:29 pm

My computer was kept off for about 3 days, in order to organize and declutter in the room. I hadn't intended for it to go so long, but frankly, it was successful and I got a little superstitious about turning it back on again and breaking the spell.

I typed a long post to ya'll here in PWYC, Mother's Day evening on my phone, then lost it all with a slight slip of a finger. It had taken a long time and I just gave up at that point.

Anyway, I got several nice handmade or handpicked (floral) gifts, visits from the boys and ddils, and ds' children.

HRH went alone to his mother's with breakfast for her, walked around her yard and farther to my late dstepfil's old garage/workspace and had a civil, calm visit, so, a win.

I don't have time to check back to see if ya'll already know this, but dd says the pipeline is under manual control now and any car lines expected to dwindle. We haven't seen any but her coworkers have. Gotta go on errands.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 11, 2021 7:00 pm

Harriet - BWTG on the multi-day organization & declutter effort!

I saw this posted at another site and found myself agreeing with it as I read. Sharing here....
Focus on what you're doing, not what others are doing

You can look to others for ideas, inspiration, and guidance.

Don't look to them as a standard for success.

They're not you.

They don't have your history, strengths, weaknesses, or goals.

Your standard for success is you.

Focus on what you're doing, not what others are doing.

Look to what you want.

Determine what you’ve got to do to get there.

Then, do the work.

You might want to see how others are doing it.

There may be value in seeking help.

The work, though, is yours and yours alone.

As are the results.

You might surpass others.

You might fall short of others.

How do you stack up against yourself?

Did you make progress today?

Did you get a little bit stronger?

Eat a little bit better?

Sleep a little longer?

Work a little bit harder?

Not compared to somebody else.

Compared to yourself.

That’s your standard.

Keep showing up.

Keep putting in the work.

You are worthy.

You’ve got this.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue May 11, 2021 9:01 pm

That was awesome LadyM! Thank you.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue May 11, 2021 11:37 pm

I weeded the west front fence line and transplanted some volunteer plants out of the yard.
Emptied out a small tool box that will leave in 2 days, and put some crome caps for the pickup bed in it to go as well.
Dd took two planters for her deck. Yea!

I was a bit weepy maybe bc I got up so early anyway doing that helped getting out side is
great to change up my mood.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue May 11, 2021 11:44 pm

Now I probably won't remember any of what I was thinking as I read through....

LadyM, very happy for your DBro. Harriet, sorry you lost your post. Glad your Mothers Day was nice. BWTG Nancy's DGD. Also Elizabeth's DD on the scholarship. If she goes to community college, is that nearby or will she go away?

LucyLee, I have same problems with our Rx's. I am very careful with one of mine and never miss a dose so it is right on the edge of running out when I refill. Unfortunately, the price on that one with the coupon has been inching up. It is still less than it would be with my insurance, but I'm not real happy. DH's coupon one saves us a bunch.

RRose, I hope your friend's arm heals quickly. I think that's an easier break than if it had been in the shoulder joint. That's what happened to my cousin, it was in the joint when she fell and they had to put a replacement in.

I haven't heard that we will run out of gasoline around here. They did say on the news not to worry in our state. I did hear a city south of here is stockpiling some so they can continue with their county things, police etc. I wonder why they have to do that if we're not supposed to worry? Do y'all remember the days in the 70's when there was a gas shortage and we could only get so much gas at once and only on our designated day? I ran out and had to walk home one time.

Oh, I gotta tell you something. This lady DH is working for is definitely cleaning out her house. Today he came home with 2 of the biggest suitcases I've ever seen. We have no use for them and nowhere to put them. He was all pleased and rolled them out into the hallway by the kitchen and wanted me to look at them. I pulled them back into his bedroom and told him that he dragged them home and he'd have to figure out what to do with them. :evil:

Ok, time for bed.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed May 12, 2021 1:15 am

“He was all pleased...”
LOL, Harmony!!! See, that’s ddil exactly... no need for the stuff, no place for the stuff, but it was FREE!!! (Or very cheap!)

OTOH, ddil told me she and her brother had organized Dgd’s closet and had 2 big bags to drop off at donation place. She said all the correct size stuff was hanging up and too-big stuff was folded on closet shelf (and Dgd had strict instructions not to touch!)
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”