Wednesday on the Run PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Ramblinrose

Re: Wednesday on the Run PWYC

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed May 12, 2021 11:02 am

Morning....

It’s horse day for me. My cooling vest arrived Monday and I am anxious to try it into today’s heat. I have ice packed in a cooler and will keep my vest there till I need it.

I washed the trainer at the centers laundry yesterday. It was only two loads. Remember the first time I did his laundry, it smelled so bad I had to keep it out in the garage till I washed it. He’s just a kid...23... but is considered a true horse whisper. He is independently work with other horses owners and his reputation has gotten more jobs than he can handle.

When I first did his laundry, I added a twin pack of deodorant thinking he had run out of his. He hadn’t he just didn’t use any, and hoped I hadn’t offended him. He recently started going to line dancing clubs to expand his world. This morning I woke to a message from him that said...I got several compliments that I smelled go last night. Thanks for the deodorant!

That made my morning :D

Flowers are being watered even as we speak. I am puzzled at the lack of bees this year. Usually my flowers are covered with them by now.

Twins ...I would be worried about gas as well. I saw a report that all the large cities along your route are short on gas.

Off to start my day. Need to make my lunch and pack up. Waving to y’all...
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 12, 2021 11:04 am

hi d rose!
enjoy your cooling vest d rose

hi d book!

hi d mystery!

hi d twins!

hi d harriet!

hi d dee!

and all our other loved ones!

heading outdoors and trying to stick to workin at the Top of the hour. ta ta
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed May 12, 2021 11:14 am

Seems losing posts is a little bit contagious here the last few days.

Hi Bookie! So good to see you!

Balanced our checking account and for once it took me less than 5 minutes and balanced to the penny. Yay!

Now I'm off to ride my exercycle for a while. Supper's cooking and I'll empty the dish drainer after I ride for a bit.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed May 12, 2021 11:40 am

The hour of teaming up to clean the house happened. I continue to be amazed at how much more can be done in the hour now compared to when we started doing this way of cleaning. It's a fact that things are quicker & easier to keep clean on a routine basis than to deep clean them.

Consistent decluttering is making a difference in how the rooms look. As I continue to declutter at least 3 items a day those areas are becoming more organized and open. It is a slow process doing it this way, but I like being able to think about an item before making a decision on what do to with it. Today items thoughtfully considered before making decisions on what to do with them were an old (but still working) upright vacuum cleaner, a long extension tree trimmer, and 12' sticks of wood trim. I'm keeping the tree trimmer but moved it to a different location where it will be more apt to be seen & used. The other two items went into the donate pile.

I'm making Macaroni & Cheese, steak fingers, and mixed vegetables for lunch. We are having a Fish Fry at church tonight so I will save some calories for that.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 12, 2021 12:10 pm

top of the hour check in... emptied a cabinet and washed it (last of my food waste - actually there was only one throw away) put onions/garlic in fridge. I don't like sweet potatoes - so off they go. (my dd younger bought them when she came home).

played with d dog

put the tomato cages outside but with freezing temps at night means I can't plant tomatoes
last year I grew tons of tomatoes and donated them to the food pantry - this year I am sticking to 6 and that's it.
I can only do what I can do.
put away wagon from 3 season room to the garage.

hi d lady yay on the cleaning together
I agree = consistent decluttering really helps a house. I have a low threshold for clutter that I can handle. I love the idea that you can't clean or organize clutter - so true.

hi d dee yay on check book - can you balance mine (oh and can I have a million dollars 8-) )

hello d everyone!!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 12, 2021 12:11 pm

I finished phone calls - yay.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed May 12, 2021 12:28 pm

Gee, BookSaver, I hope I'm not catching. ( ;) ) I typed out a long post on Mother's Day on my phone, then finger slipped and it was gone.

My occupation this a.m. has been up, up up on the library stool and then the countertop, getting decorative and stored-decorative items from on top of my kitchen cabinets. Washing by hand, mostly, although some can withstand the machine. Perhaps I'll get a little less adventurous and consider the fridge top next. This Matterhorn experience is not all it's cracked up to be.

Recommendation: kitchen cabinets that go all the way to the ceiling.

Harmony, (oops, sorry, Mystery asked, not Harmony) she can go tomorrow using the truck and have enough gas but I'm going to have to suggest she consult with bosses about now being a good time to work from home. I have a feeling many will consider this as a good temp remedy, for workforces at least.

J and C thoughts are on my mind.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed May 12, 2021 12:38 pm

Hi everyone! I finally got some good work out of those slackers at Elizabeth's Own Maid Service. I showed them the schedule that will allow a houseguest next Thursday and they got done the hallway and guest bathroom. They had to work late, but have tonight off, because EO's Personal Shopping Service is taking care of my clothing situation tonight. I must make them a list over lunch. They have a budget of $100. I pretty much need everything, but I feel better sending a list. I will be shopping with xBFF whose weekends are now totally devoted to long-distance boyfriend.

DD19's graduation has been moved in time and place. The original venue cancelled on them, which is odd because our state is doing very well on vaccinations and infection rates. Since it is now outdoors, DD can now have 4 guests instead of two, so her stepmother will be able to come. If you are wondering if this will be a problem for me (she IS the other woman), the answer is no. It is appropriate given her relationship with DD and I was more uncomfortable with her NOT being there. DD is leaning toward taking the scholarship and moving away. In answer to Harmony's question: the community college is in town and its advantage is cheaper and she can save money by living at home. She may have lined up a job at a vet's office. She will be allowed to observe surgeries. I am hoping she will be able to observe in the ER too. It will be interesting, varied, and can be done at any hour of the day, so she can arrange it around her existing schedule.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed May 12, 2021 12:54 pm

Elizabeth, I wish your DD good success at college!

Busy day. I've been doing some morning things at night instead of waiting and now I have more time for outside chores. Today it rained a bit, not a heavy rain but anything is appreciated. I'm beginning to think I'm living in a desert here. I still need to go out and see if that rain was enough for the plants. Between it being a gentle short rain and our gutters, I'm thinking I'll still need to water.

1 LOL hanging up (under the porch roof so doesn't get wet unless it's blowing hard). I had a couple hand wash things to do and thankfully my favorite everyday shirt came out clean.

Got my spreadsheets all caught up.

Twins, sure hope the gas situation eases up before you go up. Is DD going on an interview for that other job?

Ok, I'm going outside. It's muggy and the air is heavy. Glad I won't have to stay out there long.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed May 12, 2021 1:31 pm

Hi everyone!!

Dh and I went grocery shopping and drove past the falls because it was such a beautiful day out. Barely any cloud of mist over the falls at all. Just picture perfect and no tourists. Clifton Hill is closed to traffic other than 1 lane. No other vehicles moving on the hill except us. Most stores are closed. If they don't sell food, they are closed. There was a teeny, tiny t shirt kiosk open. A lot of businesses are renovating.

After we got home I went out and started trimming the hedge. I moved the car and the truck so I had room to work and then I raked everything up before I moved the vehicles back to where we usually park them. We have a huge driveway, but we always tend to park on the top right with our bumpers against the hedge.

Supper tonight is a beef roast and I will cook it on top of whole carrots with potato and onion chunks around the carrots. I'm going to make the turnip we got last week because, to me, turnip isn't a summer vegetable.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”