Wednesday on the Run PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Wednesday on the Run PWYC

Postby lucylee » Wed May 12, 2021 2:23 pm

Yes -- on the run here!
DH and I have been out and gone to the post office, then picked up the cake, ice cream, and some diet cokes for tonight.
I added some toy doctor-kit stuff to the decorations on the cake and finished signing her card, put some cash in it... (wrapped the book I'm giving her last night.)

Had a panic attack over the book -- I also bought this same book for dniece, med school grad. I thought it would be kinda a humorous look at all she and ddil are facing daily. https://www.target.com/p/the-sawbones-book-by-justin-mcelroy-sydnee-mcelroy-hardcover/-/A-53800829?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=bing_pla_df&fndsrc=tgtao&DFA=71700000012790841&CPNG=PLA_Entertainment%2BShopping%7CEntertainment_Ecomm_Hardlines&adgroup=SC_Entertainment&LID=700000001230728&LNM=PRODUCT_GROUP&network=o&device=c&location=&targetid=pla-4585100929544169&ds_rl=1246978&ds_rl=1248099&ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=bing_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Entertainment%2BShopping%7CEntertainment_Ecomm_Hardlines&adgroup=SC_Entertainment&LID=700000001230728pbs&network=s&device=c&querystring=sawbones%20book&msclkid=c34497dcd5f41e485eacf740c96f5b6e&gclid=c34497dcd5f41e485eacf740c96f5b6e&gclsrc=3p.ds
I don't know if that url will work. I tried to shorten the address.
Nope -- didn't work -- how do y'all do those email links without making it take up a thousand lines???

Anyway -- I thought this morning, OH MY GOODNESS. This is just going to be like another textbook for them and this is ridiculous. In ddil's case, dgs will probably enjoy looking through some of the pictures and things, but in dniece's case, it's just something else to pack up and take to TX with her, and her mom TOLD me she just wanted money. But oh no, I couldn't listen. I not only got her THIS book, I bought her Dana Perino's book as well... Everything is Going to Be Okay/Advice for Young Women from a Former Young Woman. But now I am re-thinking this whole business and dh says NO WAY am I keeping the Sawbones book for myself, because I bought it for dniece and we do NOT need to give her any more money than we planned. Sheesh.

I still have to s/s the bathroom, order pizzas, send out an email for my teacher group, and make a quick round of the living areas of the house to make sure we're not too embarrassing for guests. Can y'all remember when I was using Old English polish on my back door in anticipation of dbil's girlfriend's first visit here? Boy. How the mighty mediocre have fallen.
Tomorrow is another day.

Lisa B.

Postby Lisa B. » Wed May 12, 2021 2:42 pm

Hello Everyone,

Just popping in here to say hello.

I'm still working full time, but from home now and putting in more hours than I should.

DH has been out of work for several months as his company he was working for went into liquidation and currently there are no jobs available although he keeps looking.

DH has been an absolute darling as he is doing all the house chores whilst I work. He's been the one decluttering and cleaning the house. I've been doing a little 30min crafting on a night to try relax my mind.
“The most effective way to do it, is to do it.” ~ Amelia Earhart
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 12, 2021 2:46 pm

hi d Lucy - I never saw that book Hello

hello d Lisa! so lovely to see you!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 12, 2021 2:50 pm

hi d Cathy
hi d harmony!

hi d Elizabeth! congratulations for your dd

hi d harriet!

I am panicking on how long things are taking me today. (I had a bit of a weak feeling so I ate lunch).
I need to go outside and work again.
d dog (was not so d dog as she took off - a recent thing where she is choosing not to listen - glad I am slowly getting back to being able to train her again.
watering garden
spoke to the lovely couple kitty corner behind us.
flip flop laundry
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed May 12, 2021 2:52 pm

CI I am happy to write that I slept well.
I am okay just busy quite a bit going on today.
Green truck left under it's own power, a new battery & spark plug wire was needed first dgd was very happy!
Walked ddog.
Had a low & ate lunch.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed May 12, 2021 6:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed May 12, 2021 2:53 pm

Hi Lisa! Glad to see you drop in!

I think dd and I are heading to NJ on Friday to meet people at her workplace and find an apartment. She feels that she should take the job she accepted - and it pays better. The second is an expensive area as well, not as expensive as NJ tho but it's a pretty big difference in the salary. She liked the people at the second job better and felt she would enjoy the collaboration.

Anyway, I think she has decided.

We picked up cousin and went to cemetery first - the restaurant we were going to wasn't open for lunch. We cleaned the markers and left flowers and scattered dMuffin's ashes at mother's grave. I feel pretty emotional, honestly. We had lunch outside at a restaurant after.

I am going to take a small nap.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed May 12, 2021 3:00 pm

(((Twins))))

Lisa! It's good to see your CI! I hope you can chat with us again.

To shorten the link click on the URL button above which will insert [url][/url]
After the first URL add an = then your link
After the link and the ] then put some text that you want to show up followed by the [ and the /url]
The Sawbones Book
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed May 12, 2021 3:26 pm

Roast is in the oven with 4 whole carrots underneath it and there are 4 potatoes cut in half and 1 onion cut into 1/4s. Seared the meat first is oil and butter. Sprinkled salt and pepper all over all of that and it's in the oven for 2 hours. Good thing it's a small roast.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed May 12, 2021 4:17 pm

I'm baking cookies to take tonight. I also have a pan of vegetables to take. There are a couple of guys that catch, clean, & cook the fish for the meal. The rest will be potluck dishes. They are planning on 200 people to feed.

Did I tell you that I added a new "member" to our home? Henry arrived today! Henry is a cordless canister vacuum. that makes me smile and adds joy to the daily task of vacuuming.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed May 12, 2021 5:26 pm

Okay -- and thanks, LadyM for the help... let me see if I can do it...

[url]= dana perino book and the https://www.target.com/p/everything-wil ... A-80860860[/url][url]=dana perino book[/url]

NOPE -- that didn't work, did it? Where did I mess up?

Anyway -- what do y'all think about giving these two books to a medical school grad? I wanted something she could keep, you know, and I guess I'll just tell her, "DON'T CRY when you open this! I know it's not what you want! Just remember, I'm an English teacher and I couldn't resist." Will probably add in a $20 gift card too. Sigh. I ALWAYS re-think gifts. This is one reason I don't do early Christmas shopping.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”