Wednesday on the Run PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Wednesday on the Run PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed May 12, 2021 5:47 pm

1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed May 12, 2021 5:48 pm

[>>>insert to make it not work so you see what it looks like before submitting<<<< url=http://www.target.com/long%20string] Dana Perino book [/url]
1. Know what you want.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed May 12, 2021 6:10 pm

It IS good to see you, Lisa!!! And BIG WTG for your dh with the cleaning and decluttering! :D

LadyM, Henry the vacuum cleaner is so cute! (I will try that again. Thanks again for fixing for me!)

Twins... (((HUGS)))... Just more (((HUGS)))... you have had a rough few days. Hope you have a good trip. Can your dd wait till she spends some time in NJ before she gives the second place a definite answer?

Nancy, is the green truck going to your dgd?

Blessed -- you are doing great! No need to panic. Just do what you can and take care of YOU!

Harriet, it appears most stations here in Tiny Town are still pumping gas, but ooohhh... I am nervous about heading to Atlanta on Monday. Talked to a lady at the hotel today (I had another question) but I mentioned the gas situation, and she said, "OH MY, it is CRAZY over here! I have seen people lined up onto the street! I am just coming to work and going straight home!"
My hope/plan is that out of the inner cities, it will not be so bad, and surely we can find gas en route -- if we don't wait till we start HOME to buy gas there in Atlanta. We can get there on a full tank from here at our house, and we won't do a LOT of driving once we get there, but we will have to refill our gas tank in order to make it home!
Maybe things will be better by Monday? Sigh.

Woo hoo, Dee! Paying off a credit card is always reason to smile! PLUS balanced checkbook to the penny! You ARE having a fortuitous day! :D

Waving at Mystery as she rushes by... and sharing your concern for the magnitude of possible cyber attacks, Mystery...

Rose, will that vest make your clothes wet underneath? I have a cooling towel that I take to the ballgames sometimes, but if I put it around my neck, it soaks my t-shirt and I look like I'm the loser in a wet t-shirt contest. I've seen cooling hats, but have put off getting one for the same reason.
OH! That is so great that the young horse trainer got compliments! You may have changed his life, Rose!!! So good for YOU!!!

BookSaver -- good to see you! Hang in there!

Harmony, you've been busy too!

Cathy, I am always a bit envious of you living so close to Niagara Falls! I would love to see that someday.

Well, it's one hour till party time! Happy birthday, Florence Nightingale and all that... I hope ddil feels appreciated and properly acknowledged.
And I hope this silly book isn't a huge disappointment to her and to dniece, whose party is a week from Sunday.

[x] s/s the bathroom
[x] order pizzas (ended up being a group project because I couldn't get my coupon to work; ddil used hers -- we'll pay her back when she arrives)
[x] send out an email for my teacher group
[x] make a quick round of the living areas of the house -- just a visual check-up, I dusted the dining room table and straightened up things last night. With possibly 13 people in my dining room and kitchen, they won't have time or space to inspect much.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed May 12, 2021 6:15 pm

Yes dgd is buying the green truck, low family discount price when title comes in a month ot so.
She can make payments if needed. [She has wanted it since high school.]
It will need some brakes work they were soft her guy said.

I sanded and painted small side table and top of big table.
Got another coat of paint on the tops of both tables, I am almost out of this color but it is an under coat so no worries.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed May 12, 2021 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed May 12, 2021 6:27 pm

We have been to Niagara Falls numerous times over the years. It's a little over an hour to an hour & a half from us. Always a great adventure. We always preferred the Canadian side however, but that hasn't happened in some time.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 12, 2021 6:32 pm

waving a quick Hello!!!

I have been in the garden most of the day and I am officially tired but happy
hope you all have a good evening - hoping I can respond to everyone later .
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed May 12, 2021 6:42 pm

Hi again! Have not heard from xBFF about tonight's shopping expedition. Mom told me Belks is having great sales and I told her I would try there. Oops! No Belks in my state. Got some results on the cat with intestinal hemorrhaging: discontinue the antibiotic, she does not have the suspected infection. There are all manner of bad things that can cause this, but no matter what, steroids will help, so keep those.

My biggest boss wants me to invent time travel. There is a special pandemic state benefit for students. He wants to know how many are getting it. Sounds simple enough EXCEPT that April's benefits are given out in June. There is no way I can calculate April recipients until then, at which point previous results released to the public would have to be revised. The alternative would be to use the date the cards are issued EXCEPT they are not issued every month, but in blocks of two months. So there will be an obvious monthly discrepancy. We have a question in for the relevant people. They frequently want me to time travel, but it has always been to the past, this is my first request for future access. I guess I could use the issue date and divide the total by 2. Or fire up the TARDIS.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed May 12, 2021 6:47 pm

I totally forgot to make the turnip PLUS dh bought a once-a-year treat of fiddleheads that he wanted tonight with supper and I completely forgot about those as well. Oh, well.

There is a downside to living close to a tourist area because not everything in the city is seen by the tourists. There are the poor areas and the crime areas because of things like drugs. Yes, cannabis is legal now... but there are other BAD drugs and the habits/needs that come with them. One thing that gets covered up by the television media is the high number of suicides in the area. There was a footbridge over a fast moving water divergent canal. Now they are replacing that bridge with a new bridge. The new bridge is totally encased in something that looks like a heavy duty wire cage. Social media gives heads up to avoid certain areas when there is a "rescue" going on. Of course, there are also the people that come on social media and ask why there is a helicopter over such and such place. I think they have totally closed the trails along the gorge between the falls and Lake Ontario because there were so many "rescues" happening and so much discussion about each one. Now with the tourist not being there, when we drive through the tourist areas all we see are people that could possibly be homeless dragging a shopping buggy piled high with sleeping bags and tarps and pillows on top. Some even use grocery buggies/carts overflowing with stuff and the pillows on top. Sad, but now that I see stuff as a local, my eyes are open wide.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed May 12, 2021 6:57 pm

Gasoline was available for dd on the way home from work so she filled my car's tank. Perhaps we ourselves won't have any more trouble than this one day's inconvenience, AND, hopefully, the restarted operations will reach everyone soon.

She paid $2.79, btw, for those planning trips and wondering.

Lisa, I'm so glad to see you.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed May 12, 2021 9:27 pm

I'm ready to sit down for a break after two hours of non-stop noise, people, and activity. I just realized I wasn't aware or bothered by c19 thoughts from being with so many people in my personal space. I handed out over 200 plates, napkins, and silverware as people came through the food line. We had 9 tables filled with potluck dishes. After the meal, I kept the nursery for an hour. I had one baby that had to be held the entire time and 5 littles running around. Thankfully DH came and held the baby so I could have my hands free to take care of the little ones. They were very good but every one of them was high energy.

I filled up yesterday and paid $2.59 for 87 octane.

I am so very happy and relieved to see our governor just signed “No Patient Left Alone Act” law. Now you don't have to be alone in the hospital even during a pandemic. It allows one person unrestricted access to the patient.
1. Know what you want.

Return to “Post When You Can”