Make it yours - Thursday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Make it yours - Thursday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu May 13, 2021 8:00 am

Yes, it's me again without a theme! What do you need for today? A "free" day to do as you please? A "work" day of productivity? Or maybe a "wrapping up the week day," like me.

Shall I say, "seize the day and make it your own?"
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Re: Make it yours - Thursday PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 13, 2021 8:23 am

just seeing your name starting us is wonderful on it's own. No theme needed!!!!

have a great day d twins and everyone.

I have been up for an hour so I better get started. It was 35 deg when I woke up - :shock: :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu May 13, 2021 8:38 am

Hi!

I turned off the furnace this morning. I think it got up to 20C yesterday here. AKA 68F.

Garbage, composting and recycling have already been picked up.

I might do a fire outside. Very little wind and very little to burn. I can't burn what I trimmed yesterday yet because it has to dry out.

Dh has gone fishing. I have the pest guy coming to refill all the ant bait. The only 3 that get any action are all under the table in the kitchen.

Leftover beef for supper with fiddleheads and asparagus for dh. I will have the left over veggies from last night.

The garbage cans from all over the house have been emptied. Kitty litter box is clean. Dishwasher has been emptied. I even made the bed.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu May 13, 2021 8:39 am

I need to wrap up the week so I can leave in the a.m. with dd for NJ. She wants to drive all the way through tomorrow, but I'm not sure about that. We will find a hotel where ever we are tomorrow night and we have a room in NJ for Sat through Wed night, planning to head back on Thursday a.m. or earlier.

She is taking the NJ job obviously. She also contacted dh's first cousin, who we have seen up there several times, and they are trying to work out how to get together for a few. dh's wife's cousin, J, will be good for dd, perhaps even somewhat "mothering" and she is also a therapist and owner/founder of an eating disorder treatment center. I had not reached out to J because I didn't know if dd would want to, so I'm glad she did.

Yesterday was a blur. As I said, I was emotional after going to the cemetery with J and taking dMuffin. I slept a couple of hours yesterday afternoon - must have been needed - then dfriend M came over for wine and brought a little gift for screened porch. Then dh got home and we decided not to go out to eat (it was 6:30 by then) and we decided to stay in and I just made quesadillas for us.

So I need to GMAT today:
-Groceries
-get plants I bought last week in the ground, planters, etc.
-look ahead on calendar to when we get back
-what else? I know that my mind is going to be "pinging" with stuff today.

More in J&C. DD is at me again and now I'm falling apart myself.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 13, 2021 9:08 am

I have fallen down the rabbit hole in computer time and dream planning (without action).

hi d Cathy

off the computer
!!!!!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu May 13, 2021 9:12 am

Hello Twins - thanks for the start.
Hugs and prayers for whatever is needed there.

Appointment, library, groceries while out today.
I was able to ask the question "do I really want a headache?" "NO"
and avoid chocolate temptation.
weeds - trying for a few pulled each day - done
now to turn this off and wash dishes.
I think I still need more fluids.
Goodnight.

Waving to Cathy
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu May 13, 2021 9:38 am

Good Morning!

((((Twins)))) You are a rock star going through an emotional time with the addition of supporting a child during a difficult time. Breath. You can do this. It is ABSOLUTELY NOT easy, but you will get through this. Keep your eye on the future. Keep posting and talking through the process.

I was able to ask the question "do I really want a headache?" "NO"
and avoid chocolate temptation.

BRAVO! I like how you evaluate the choices and consequences. Making good decisions is not always easy.

I've spent some time walking in the garden this morning because I needed to get recentered.

DS12 is doing fantastic as he learns to juggle multiple time commitments. I'm staying out of it as much as possible and observing him find his own way. He told me that he finished 8 minutes (out of 15) of guitar practice this morning before he took a shower and got ready for work. He has been doing school lessons during lunch and as soon as he gets off of work. I like him practicing & learning time management skills when he can fail without harsh consequences.
Last edited by LadyMaverick on Thu May 13, 2021 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu May 13, 2021 9:40 am

Pest guy has come and gone. He only saw a couple of ants under the couch. Dh really has to stop snacking there.

Only the Dutch oven to wash and it's in the sink full of hot, soapy water.

I might go outside and read or just go back into the library and stitch.
Last edited by CathyS on Thu May 13, 2021 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu May 13, 2021 9:46 am

Cathy - would your DH use a cordless hand-held vacuum to clean up the crumbs? If he can't beat the crumb leaving habit maybe find a solution to make them quickly go away.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 13, 2021 10:02 am

d Lynn so good to see you! as it is with all of you!!! good job on leaving the Headache trigger behind. sweet dreams

d twins praying that your drive with dd will be enjoyable and not strenuous (safe trip to you!). glad your dd has your cousin!
(((d twins - d muffin))) I am thinking of you. It's a lot in a short time.

hi d Cathy a fire outside sounds lovely. good for your dh to go fishing! NO Ants allowed.

hi d lady - Nothing like a walk in the garden to recenter oneself
I like him practicing & learning time management skills when he can fail without harsh consequences.
you are a wise and good mom

I like how you evaluate the choices and consequences. Making good decisions is not always easy.
so true.

I have a cordless vacuum (for dh's crumbs) but he doesn't see the crumbs. 8-) :D

Return to “Post When You Can”