Friday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Friday PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri May 14, 2021 10:06 am

I was going to name this Freedom Friday but it felt too political or controversial.

My thought was being free from some bad or unhelpful habits.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Re: Friday PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri May 14, 2021 10:21 am

Good Morning!

I woke up ready to get started on the day. I had my AM personal cards completed before I woke DS12 up at 7am.

I've made 2 trips to the garden this morning. Each time I go to the garden it adds about a thousand steps. I am always amazed at how time flies when I'm there and I leave the garden with the feeling that I've had a treat. Someday the garden might be beautiful instead of the reality of being under construction mode. This project started a year ago and I suspect it will take 3 years or more to complete at the rate I'm going. I have the mindset of it being the journey that is enjoyable, not just the destination. Although, I am hoping to someday reach the destination (completion of the garden project).

I realized recently that I've grown weary of eating green salads. I go through times when I enjoy them but then I'm ready to stop eating them for a while. I'm going to switch to eating 6oz of celery, carrots & cherry tomatoes. This combination is easy to weigh & prepare in advance in Ziploc bags.

SHE card completion = 44

Lisa - I so enjoy reading your CI. I hope you are able to continue to post.
1. Know what you want.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri May 14, 2021 10:33 am

Good morning, LadyM!
I have the mindset of it being the journey that is enjoyable, not just the destination.
Seems I've heard that very same thing related to all things in life -a very good philosophy.

Thank you, Cathy. Finally YOU gave me a word I've been trying to think of for over 2 years. Friend of ours here who is originally from Maine talked about going out to pick something up there in the spring -I thought it was mushrooms. But when you said, "Fiddleheads" -DING, DING, DING. Been meaning to call him but his dwife had eye surgery on Wednesday and it was much more difficult than they'd planned. Maybe today.

Dsonil is home today -his day off. Since Covid seems to be running a little rampant at their factory, he's working 12 hours Sat, Sun, Mon, 9 hours Tues & 8 Wed. He's then supposed to have the next 4 days off.

DD has hockey in Orlando tonight so dsonil and I are on our own. Have enough leftovers from Wednesday for our dinner.

Dh called me this morning to let me know the campground still hadn't received our confirmation for our golf cart coverage.

Know a few people who are disgruntled about the new policy at the campground for sheds. Many have either built their own (nicely btw) or been able to purchase new ones at an affordable price. Dcampowner just made a new policy -all sheds have to be bought through him from a local provider and the cost is $3,500 now. A monopoly yes, but there's no choice -it's a privately owned campground and he has all say. Off my soap box now.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri May 14, 2021 10:42 am

Dee - are the existing sheds grandfathered in the new policy or do they have to be removed? It seems the owner is moving toward an HOA type of arraignment.

Instead of seeing a world map centered on Britain, what if it was centered on New Zealand? Nothing has changed except our perspective.
Last edited by LadyMaverick on Fri May 14, 2021 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1. Know what you want.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 14, 2021 11:01 am

so cool d lady

Hi d dee

hi d everyone!

heading out to the garden - first to play with the dog - I haven't been able to walk her yet but I think I can start soon.
have great day
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri May 14, 2021 11:40 am

Hello! I like Free Friday. Freedom from all my bad habits; freedom from these excess pounds I carry around :roll: freedom from clutter and messes. I'm working harder on the excess pounds. I began logging foods yesterday again. Seems I can't make any progress unless I do that. I HATE logging, would like to just do good things naturally without having to stop to write down.

Desk morning for a while. Check to the mail and checkbook brought up to date.

Watering done and I did some weeding as I went around. Been reading my newest garden book, got some good information from this one and enjoyed it a lot as this guy writes with a lot of humor.

Next: going to get some lime for my soil (supposed to stop the problem I'm having with my tomatoes). I'll try 1 or 2 of the plants first before I put it on all of them. Will drop off donations on the way.

Have a wonderful Free Friday!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri May 14, 2021 12:08 pm

Hi!

Busy morning here. First dh wanted to go get bird food. That involved a nice drive in the country. We got back and 1 of his customers had finally dropped off his car for a motor mount. After dh did that, he wanted/needed to go to an auto parts store for something for his welder. Another nice drive. Got there and it was curb side only. Turned around and drove home a slightly different way. More nice countryside. Went slightly out of our way looking for where some friend "I knew a guy..." had found someone growing asparagus and selling it straight from the field. Dh couldn't find it, but saw a large camper trailer and said he knew that guy because that was his trailer and they used to be neighbours. We can't go anywhere in this area without dh knowing this or that guy and them knowing him...

Dh has 2 more vehicles later today. He's on the bed "reading" but his eyes are closed. I never got out to the hammock yesterday, so I want to get out there today.

Supper will be leftover pasta and beef for dh. I think I will have French onion soup.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri May 14, 2021 12:29 pm

I began logging foods yesterday again. Seems I can't make any progress unless I do that. I HATE logging, would like to just do good things naturally without having to stop to write down.

I agree. I'm on day #30 of logging my food. Because I know me.....I write this statement every day "Day 30 of committing to 100% logging and honest with myself" When I log without writing that statement I find myself fudging (pun) a little here and there....then a little more....and it expands from there. I have to hold myself accountable. One day at a time.

I've used probably every app there is to log food. They all work but I tend to grow tired of them. The only thing I don't seem to grow tired of using is an Excel spreadsheet. When I get bored of it then I just write a new formula or change the format and it seems "new" again. So I started logging my food using a template from vertex42. I've changed and expanded this spreadsheet but the basic logging is the same. Having a list of all the food that I've eaten in the last 30 days makes it easy to compare them. Example of things I'm learning....
** What food do I eat that has the highest % of sugar? Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce! I was totally shocked and double checked my numbers when I saw this. This BBQ sauce has more sugar (percentage-wise) than M&M's, donuts, cake, ice cream, and all the other sweets I've eaten this past month. Having that knowledge helps when making the decision....do I want to add more BBQ sauce to this or not?
1. Know what you want.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri May 14, 2021 1:10 pm

Oh no, Lady M, I'm sure we're "Grandfathered". In fact dfriend just made new doors for ours & installed them. So we'll keep on repairing. But it is definitely more "HOA"ish. But there's not much we want to do that needs approval. Some things like 'shed placement', etc are determined by towns. For instance a new permanent site camper can't be over 10 years old. Unfortunately some are very nice even older than that.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri May 14, 2021 1:18 pm

I have put the next coat of paint on the small table, and the top of the big table are drying now.
I've had breakfast.
Changed out the light bulb over the sknk to a more white light, to match the ones in the new fixture yea for success.
[ Don`t tell the kids I had to use the step srool.]

Next I need to put a drop cloth under the big table before I paint the legs.

Return to “Post When You Can”