Friday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: Friday PWYC

Postby Elizabeth » Fri May 14, 2021 1:33 pm

Hi everyone! I am free from the time travel expectation! The biggest of the big bosses apparently decided to keep my reports as-is rather than expect me to travel to June to retrieve the numbers that will be entered for April.

The clothes shopping trip with xBFF went well, but was too short - there are more things I need, and more importantly, more budget left to get them. I found a dynamite dress to wear to DD19's graduation party (sometime mid-summer, at the x's house) for only $15!!! I will have to get some white sandals for it, all I have are New Balance walking shoes. They are white, but would look ridiculous with a dress. The xBFF has a boyfriendless weekend coming up, the same one that I am already camping in. I invited her, but she does not like N very much. I don't think either one of them fit very well with the RV club members, but that won't be a problem for one campout where they would only be with the group for a restaurant dinner, a potluck light dinner/snacks, and a breakfast. Everyone decides what they want to do, figures out how it overlaps with anyone else and either goes with others who planned similarly or just go by themselves.

Elizabeth's Own Maid Service did get some good hard work done in the LR last night, but did not complete the job. One quadrant is beautiful, another has some improvements made, half the room is untouched. They are scheduled for the kitchen tonight, I hope they have some time to spare for LR work. I need to finish putting the house in reasonable shape by Thursday.

I have a problem with one of my reports due today. I think I know why it doesn't work - bad filtering.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri May 14, 2021 2:24 pm

Found out some interisting news new neighbors had cops come and talk to them about the 10 cars and 10 moterized water toys they have on small propery. An eye sore county officials are working on an ordinace againt this my neighbor said her bro.
Or other family member is acounty official. That was a relief to learn.

Table legs are drying now.
I have been watering grass.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri May 14, 2021 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri May 14, 2021 2:28 pm

I've done all my errands, including making 2 DPCs while I was out driving around.

1 more customer coming for dh any time now. "Muffler noise".
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri May 14, 2021 2:57 pm

After climbing Mt. Ironmore -- plus several other small obstacles yesterday -- I am taking today as a FREE day for sure!
I'm kinda tired even thinking about the upcoming days --
Tonight, I expect dgd will spend the night,
tomorrow, dgs AND we have dfriend's funeral to go to,
Sunday, church, dgs' piano lesson, regular Sunday chores (Sunday is NOT our day of "rest" around here :roll: )
Monday-Wednesday, travel/ballgames
Thursday, I think dgs' 3-day county tournament begins.
* whew *
So today, I'm doing NOTHING except supper & s/s the kitchen, and entertain dgd if she arrives this evening.

And speaking of church, I am really, REALLY ticked off... I'll put this in the covid thread... :roll: :evil:
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri May 14, 2021 3:02 pm

Nancy - I admire how you paint so often and completed many projects. I would like to similar. Do you use disposable brushes or clean the brush after each use?

DS12 is getting his first experience with pouring concrete this afternoon. They are pouring 5 yards.

I told DD9 that we were going to take the afternoon off and relax. We teamed up this morning to get the birthday gift & card ready for her friend's birthday party tomorrow.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri May 14, 2021 3:37 pm

LM thanks I am curently washing brush after each color with water soluable paint.
I use disposable ones if I am doing rocks with kids and mod poge it is too hard to get out.
I have another color on the big table one more coat to go,
then I will have to mix grey for the last color tomorrow is when I am thinking of getting that on.
It is my therapy.
I have a weekly project she-card.

Guess who has barely done any cleaning ... me!

I need to clean out the plant shed and plant cage
move some onions x.
I put pots for onions I will be moving and planting on the side property line.

Neighbors drove side by side on my front side yard again w/out permission sigh I planted new grass there it did not come up.
My fix blocking that acess point hopefully works.
Plus it is my next area to deal with for planting weeding and Land scaping as I have moved my trailer and it is by my roses.
This is not the 1st time, but if they do it again I will be putting in some well placed hidden tire deflaters.
Watered this area, swept seeds, and taking a break now.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri May 14, 2021 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri May 14, 2021 4:13 pm

Supper has been changed to pizza and wings!

I have been out in the hammock twice today. So enjoyable to just sway gently as I'm reading.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 14, 2021 6:27 pm

waving in tired fashion - I took a 3-1/2 hour nap. not planned.
I just wanted to say hi - hi
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”