what's obvious Saturday PWYC may 15, 2021

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

what's obvious Saturday PWYC may 15, 2021

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 15, 2021 8:11 am

Is it garbage around the house - what if you took one bag and walk around your home (inside and out) and picked up misc. garbage and take it to the garbage can right away?

Are there things to put away in the kitchen that don't belong on the counters and the table. Can you put these things away? (and not overthink - maybe it doesn't have a home right now but where would you look for it first (Dana White)? Take it there. don't worry if it doesn't fit bc it shouldn't be on the kitchen counter.

So what is obvious to you today. Remember you can NOT do it all but you can do a counter.
Car or something!

I wish you a wonderful day! (sometimes looking through a camera lens helps one actually see the clutter that is accumulating. It is a all or nothing. (way too hard). keep it simple and do a little visual clutter managing.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: what's obvious Saturday PWYC may 15, 2021

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 15, 2021 8:12 am

for me: it's laundry basket put away.
outside work

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat May 15, 2021 8:24 am

The most obvious first thing was that I had to order a new charger for my F itbit. Can't get it to charge no how/no way. And my fit bit kept giving me the message to "check charger battery". Finally gave up this morning & 2 should be here tomorrow.

The next obvious thing was I had to get ready to go to Christmas T ree S hop with dd around 8:30. We're stopping at DD on the way for breakfast so I hope it's soon as my BS was only 57 this morning. Oh, I am so sure my Dr is going to make some changes when I see her next month. I have gift cards we'll use for a nice lunch out after (her) shopping spree. Think we're going to Bahama B reeze. Have $50 to spend so we're good!

Good morning Blessedw2 and all others who visit during the day. Had a good night's sleep (surprisingly).

Also hit the lowest point (weight) that I've been at in well over a decade if not more. So happy with that progress. I'm trying something a little bit new and will post later if it works in H&F.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 15, 2021 9:00 am

I am happy you had a good night sleep D dee! Hope your numbers become normal fast! yay on the progress!!!
have fun with your dd!!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat May 15, 2021 9:38 am

Good Morning!

I'm not sure what is obvious here. I recognize that I have the ability to ignore & not see the obvious. I look around and everything looks okay. Not perfect though..... I see DS12 work boots and gloves are where he dropped them near the front door when he entered the house at 9:30 last night. The kitchen counter needs to be deep cleaned where the counter meets the backsplash. I'm 100% sure that I'm not seeing most of the obvious.

DH will take DAunt to the big city airport this morning. She will fly back to Detroit where she lives with her son & wife. DAunt has been visiting for a month and DMIL has been stressed the whole time. DAunt is a night owl that goes to sleep around 3am. DMIL is a lark that wakes up at 5am. There is nothing wrong with either one of their schedules but they just don't mesh together in a very small home. **Big sigh of relief** for DMIL89 who will get her calm & quiet life back.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat May 15, 2021 10:28 am

Hi!

Most obvious is the outside stuff. We can't plant anything until next week, but dh bought and planted 4 lavender plants for me this morning after he filled the 1/2 wine barrels with new topsoil. We were up and out early to pick up soda and we got to the garden center just before they opened. There was a short line to get in, but we went straight to the cashier to pay for 20 bags of dirt and 5 bags of sand. The sand is going under the swimming pool because it has to be absolutely level so it will fill properly.

Dh is now planting 4 plants that someone dropped off yesterday. They are legal here, with a limit of 4. ;)

He also bought a rosemary plant when we bought the lavender just down the road at another "guy I know". This guy sells the stuff to his daughter for $1/plant and she can keep whatever she makes to go towards college or whatever.

Dh thinks we are going to need more dirt. We always need to go and get more dirt even after he says we just need 20 bags.

We are going all gourmet and having hotdogs and beans for supper. Dh also wants to go to A rbys for lunch. Is that an American chain or Canadian?
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat May 15, 2021 10:36 am

We are in NJ, drove straight through yesterday and arrived here about 8:30ish. Stressful trip, the hotel is in an area of interstate, a state route, service roads and crazy signs this way and that way. I went out this a.m. for Starbucks for us, no food at the hotel.

Will check in as the week progresses.

Dd is pretty irritated with me most of the time and yacking all out the rest of the time.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 15, 2021 10:46 am

have a safe trip d twins!
is your dd nervous about moving and starting a new job and she is taking it out on you.

hi d Cathy we used to love hot dog night as we make them into veg sink dogs (after a place which shut down when I was a teen).
have a good day

hi d lady you d aunt sounds like my d mom and my youngest dd. both go to bed at 3 in the morning. my mom used to be a morning lark but after years of taking ambian she has a hard time falling asleep in bed but can easily fall asleep while watching tv at night. I am a morning person and dh is a night person. (it's always been that way!). I can imagine how hard it was for your d MIL! I hope your d mil enjoys normalcy back into her routine.

I recognize that I have the ability to ignore & not see the obvious.
me too!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat May 15, 2021 11:08 am

Well, I am so glad to know dh and I are not the only people who stay up so late at night. OTOH, I wish we had a little bit more "normal" hours around here.
But we're up earlier on Saturdays * for H ardee's breakfast, you know * and dh and dgd are gone now to get that.
DDIL's mom is dropping dgs off here on her way to get a haircut and both kids are going to the funeral with us. I don't know think either have ever been to a funeral. I don't know if this is a smart thing to do or not... but we explained that it was a lot like church and they had to be REALLY quiet the whole time and * for dgd's sake * NO TRIPS TO THE POTTY * and they both said they wanted to go. And ds and ddil seemed to think they should. :? So... here we go...

They both knew dfriend; she worked for my dmil all their lives (all MY life, I guess!) (cleaned house, did some yard work) and she was crazy about them, so... maybe it will be okay.

I'm just hoping it will not be a super-long event. This is one of those churches that meets half the day on Sundays... so I'm concerned that their funerals may be like that too. I've never been to a funeral at this church.

Anyway -- what's obvious around here is probably that I need to make up the bed in dgrands' room. (DGD didn't sleep in it -- she won't sleep in there by herself; only when dgs is here too. She slept on a pallet in the floor by our bed.)
Otherwise, what is obvious is that we all need to get dressed for the funeral. We are supposed to be there at 12:30. But first, breakfast.

(((Twins))) I am so glad you were able to check in -- hope y'all can find some fun things about the trip and your dd calms down as she meets the people and sees where she will be living, takes some of the "unknowns" out of this whole thing.
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat May 15, 2021 11:16 am

Blessed -- thanks for starting us off this morning! You are always so cheerful and upbeat.

Dee -- WTG on the weight loss! Enjoy your shopping trip and good luck on getting your BS# up a little!

Cathy, I bet those lavender plants are beautiful! I don't know about where Arby's headquarters are, but they are all over the place around here. We eat there pretty often. I like the roast beef, but lately I have been ordering the turkey & bacon sandwich. I love it!

LadyM, I know your dmil will rest easier having her house back to herself! But it was good for those sisters to spend some time together, too, so maybe she made some good memories.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”