Talk it over Tuesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Talk it over Tuesday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:10 am

Talking it over with friends is always a good plan for the day! What's on your mind?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Talk it over Tuesday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:19 am

This may be the coolest Halloween we've had in quite a while! Soup will be good, for sure. Temp is in forties now, mid fifties this afternoon and lower fifties for trick or treating. I told dh last night that I may give dMillie some meds to help keep her calm tonight. I'll be by myself and wrangling her and giving out candy may be too much for me. Most of our other dogs could hang out with us on the porch and greet trick or treaters, but I think she will be wound up.

Lucylee, I agree you need a computer of your own. Also, my scallops are super easy - these were frozen from Costco. I use a recipe like this: https://damndelicious.net/2015/03/14/le ... -scallops/ We had a green salad with walnuts, feta and applies, and then berries for a dessert. It was quick and easy when dh walked in the door from his body work.

This morning I need to get my soup in the crock pot and I'm going to do what I want to do (work on Q revisions) first. When I get home from my workout I'll do some "desk day" for the cemetery and HOA.

And ddog says it's time to get moving. :lol:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:25 am

Hi!

I can't believe that my dh is still sleeping! At one point during the night he was on the couch with a blanket covering him.

I did a load of dishes last night after supper and then before bed I turned the washing machine on. I will deal with those after dh wakes up. I enjoy the peace when he is sleeping.

Forgot to add that we are having meatloaf and mashed potatoes for supper.

There will be no trick or treaters tonight. It's a dark street with no street lights and a long driveway. I noticed a "Watch for children" sign on our street yesterday, which is so funny because the youngest child anywhere near us is 16.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:28 am

hello d cathy I wish you a wonderful day! meat loaf is a favorite dinner!

hello d twins thank you for starting us!
I am trying to figure out the dogs and halloween. dd Youngers dogs has decided that he needs to bark to protect us from leaves and sounds! :D
I am the only one who like scallops - sounds like a delicious dinner!
have a great day!

hello everyone
Happy Halloween!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:34 am

hello everyone!!!
I took a restful day yesterday and it was wonderful for my body! I no longer feel exhausted!
dd younger took d mom out yesterday and even dropped her off!

we had some snow this morning! I haven't planted bulbs yet :shock: 8-) it's okay! it will work.

our laundry is FINALLY down to one basket!
dh did the cat litter yesterday

Today on the Tuesday docket:
Tuesday zone: Bathroom cleaning day
I missed the Monday zone of laundry room and kitchen. I will see if I can do it.

pick up mom in an hour for her meds and make her brunch if she hasn't eaten.

put candy at front door for trick or treaters

working on positive talk after a couple weeks of self inflicted stress the last month. Learning to work with having mom as part of our daily home, daily and making sure - between dd younger and I that she has her meds, fed, time here at our house daily and doing good work to keep her happy and engaged.
Working on that the time I have is good enough! I love being a homemaker but need to temper my expectations with the body and rest I have today.

1. get the yuckiest job done first
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:59 am

We will have a lot of trick or treaters, although we turn out the lights by 8 or 8:30. The littlest ones in the neighborhood will start probably by 5:30 or so. I broke into our candy and may have had candy for breakfast. :lol:

Dog is walked, crock pot is going with soup for the evening. I need to clean up from soup starting, decide on breakfast and get upstairs for a bit.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:04 am

I was going to make up some pea soup from scratch with bacon as I do not have ham then I saw then saw the post about meat loaf choices choices! I have some squash to use up as well.

Lucy L. ~
I did some notes. One thing about a p/c is the storage of journals is way easier than having 8 like I do way easier!!!

OMM...
I was talking with dsis about putting up tree & lites to combat the shorted days I like to do that early she agreed.
Had coffee did my joy journal entry last nite.
Today found a booklet I can use for bujo entries this mo. it is 3 x apx. 7 1/4" a long skinny one.
3 x 5 cards are on the table awaiting my insp. today LOL!
Took Rx.
I Undated a planner so I can use it for notes this week. Used a white out pen on the info. I wanted to eliminate or change.
Thinking on my spare room I got it so much better last night before bed yea!
Had a late yumma bfast.

Next:
I need to do some stretches and get the can out to the curb done ....that is next now that it's day lite out.
How it feels to be needed ~ Laundry room needs me. LOL.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:36 am

I've been sweeping and mopping floors. I also had to change the bed right down to the mattress. After dh got up, I saw why he may have spent time on the couch. There was a blanket under his body. I moved the blanket and discovered why it was there. Sigh...

I also took the garbage to the back door. When dh came in from going for coffee, he took the garbage out to the garbage cans. I also discovered that we are getting low on numerous types of garbage bags. I have to go to Costco tomorrow to pick up meds, so I will pick up garbage bags as well.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:48 am

Morning…

My friends talked me into joining them this morning at 8:45 to walk and talk in the pool. Mind you it’s in the mid-70’s, but they convinced me to pool water would be warm. It was 85* so we ended up staying there until 10:15.

Came home, put on some warm clothes and made my breakfast and hot coffee. I still have my sliding glass doors to clean and a bit of dusting to do.

Lucylee…I think my energy came Crome feeling better. Remember I haven’t been able to do much around my home for the past two months except maintain it.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:07 pm

Everyone — check J&C for message from Sunny.
Prayers needed for Harmony!
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”