Write it down Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Write it down Wednesday PWYC

Postby lucylee » Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:59 pm

I am definitely a person who has to write it down!!!

Today, dh and I have been to the post office, bank, and courthouse (tax office).
I need to call the transmission man.
Church tonight.

It is really chilly and windy around here! Says it's 50 degrees, with only 7 mile wind... but it feels colder to me! Low "tonight" is at 7:00 a.m. -- 24 degrees!!! Talk about being thankful... I am sooo thankful I am not doing school drop off in the morning!!!

Still checking in constantly for updates on Harmony.
Talked to dmom, who says she has been to doctor and he says she has pneumonia. I do hope he has caught it soon enough that meds will be effective -- I cannot have her in the hospital this weekend with dgs looking forward to our trip so much!

I have definitely eaten too much candy. :oops:
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:38 pm

HELLO hello
My day hasn't exactly been what I had planned but it's not bad!
mom has been off yesterday and today - she definitely did not want to do errands with me so we came back to my house. Today is not good for her to be home as it makes her frustrated or confused. She has been great though most of the time.

dh did my dishes as I wasn't home right away. Time for me to work. I hope mom is okay with it.
My brother is coming this weekend and will take mom for dinner.

say a prayer that the box of 2 days of meds for mom goes well; if not then I have to take it back again. This makes the mornings hard.

time to update my attitude and work on what I had planned
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:45 pm

I am taking a break while eating lunch and putting my feet up. I am home from a successful trip to the city. I was sorta shocked by all the vehicles in Sam's parking lot and the lines at the gas pumps. I hadn't done my 5 minutes of news this morning, so I wondered if we were at war and people were panic buying. THEN I realized today is the 1st. ARgh! Never never shop on the 1st of the month!! Tooooooo many people!

I bought 8 pairs of pants in different styles for DD12 to try. I basically went through the ladies clothes and got one of everything I thought might be a possibility. I'm not sure of what size she wears now but she discovered that she can't fit into anything she wore last year. It isn't just a simple matter of finding pants she likes and fits in but also pants that don't trigger her sensory issues. Hopefully at least one of these pants I brought home will satisfy all those requirements. I'll return the pants that don't and order multiples of the pants that do work.

LucyLee - I keep remembering that I forgot to tell you something. :D When DS was younger, I used to find the best husky sized clothing at JC Penny's. No other stores I tried came close to having husky selections. Now DS15 wears normal clothes (not husky) but I will be eternally grateful for JCPenny for having husky youth clothing sizes during those years when it was super hard to find clothes to fit him.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:15 pm

Thanks, LadyM! I'll look online as I do my Christmas shopping! He is wearing a 16 Husky pants and an adult small shirt. He doesn't look "fat," but it is encouraging that your ds didn't stay in husky sizes forever. DH's weight has been a problem ever since he purposely gained weight in high school (in order to be an offensive lineman) and ds has put on some pounds since high school too... so I hope dgs will start growing UP instead of OUT, soon. ;)
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:06 pm

Gee.

I hope I didn't offend anyone by including so many of your names in the monthly threads this time. 8-)

They are up and running... um... up and encouraging.

Sunny, you remembered us again! It helps. Definitely thinking of you and wondering how you are doing.

Going Commando...
I know what that means in recent parlance, yes, but I'm taking it to mean Not Even Touching my hair this time after S2S. This will be just nakedly what I look like if I can't find comb, brush, even mirror to fuss over it. That is what dd43 does and she has been getting so many compliments, lately. (we share natural curl, which seems to get mad at me no matter whether I fight it a lot or a little, so she suggests "Why Fight It?") We'll see. Dd25 thinks I need a product of some kind, but hasn't decided yet, so ... commando.

blessed, yes, saying that prayer for your dmother. Glad your dbrother will be there on the weekend.

Tonight will be the end of my flowers, but I am okay with it. HRH says tomorrow cut them down and don't disturb soil. I'm not sure about that. I may want those root systems out of there.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:52 pm

I did get out for a walk and then 45 minutes on the balcony doing winter prep. It was very cold out there and I didn't have on a hat (worried it would blow over) so despite coat and gloves, I got chilled through. It was just at the freezing point and there were times I thought I saw flurries as I worked.

At a minimum, I still have to wash down 2 wood chairs and a corner shelf coming in for the winter. And then wrap the tables in a tarp and bungee cord down two chairs. Oh, and there are the strips of outdoor carpet (green) that fill in the space between the wood floor tiles and the edges. They need to finish drying and then be properly vacuumed before put away. But that will be done when the weather is warmer, hopefully tomorrow.

There, I've written that down so I won't forget!

Speaking of writing down, I think I have a meeting tomorrow over zoom. I must look that up. My evening meeting was cancelled, I think. I haven't read through all the emails yet, the host is away but the committee might meet anyway.

I'm off to bed when I send an email and write down what times and where I need to be tomorrow.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:09 am

Got a call from dd last evening caught up on news.
Then I did my p m reflections for writing.

Return to “Post When You Can”