Thursday on the Thruway PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Thursday on the Thruway PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:33 am

Or throughway.

A thruway is an expressway or highway for high speed traffic. That's our road today for happiness, quietude, productivity, or whatever our goal is for today

Get on the fast track with the village today!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Thursday on the Thruway PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:47 am

I got up late this morning, close to 8:30, perhaps because I was up in the night with a runny nose/cough and took a small shot of whiskey to settle the cough and get back to sleep. (Blew out the nose and sprayed it with the flonase too.) We had a smoke detector chirping this a.m. and poor dMillie hasn't made an appearance yet from her safe place on our bed. I figured out which one it was and dh changed it. We really should just go around and change them all once a year (as advised) so we don't have to walk through to figure out which one it is.

Today I have a workout at two - there's a big event this weekend on the riverfront between me and the workout - and the road is already closed down. Dh said he had to go around this morning and traffic was terrible, so he was late getting home from his workout. So need to allow extra time this afternoon.

DH had indicated he was out tonight for a dinner but turns out that's next week. I've taken out a meatloaf and will bake acorn squash with it and add a salad maybe?

Going to get a shower right now while ddog is still hiding out! I'll need to walk soon.

I'm hoping Bookie can get back with us, and am continuing prayers for Harmony.

My fast track for the day is:
-finish a.m. routine
-some writing/revising time
-workout
-pick up dry cleaning for dh when out
-more writing/revising time?
-supper
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:08 am

I am up and attm today.
I have pea soup cooking I made it for the first time today.
Had bfast.
It was pitch black at 7:00 a m today pouring down rain. The crew doing a new sewer up the street put up the sign
then 20 min. later took it down.
I have rolls raising yesterday I forgot the egg these are do over ones. The others or oka but hoping these are even better yea!
I did some journaling.
Dumped the trash.
Have a good day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:34 am

Hello hello!

d twins thank you for starting us!!!
I am ready for the fast track today! lol until someone puts me on a detour 8-) I love the fast track suggestion! It made me think: yep, you can do it! Yes you can (sorry I couldn't resist using the reference about Bob the builder :D )
d twins I hope that cold is just morning allergies. Go away runny nose and cough!

yay on you being up and at 'em d Nancy!!!!
pea soup is wonderful
rolls mmmm
I am going to journal in the am instead of whenever = to see if it starts my day off well.

have a good day both of you and everyone coming in!!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:36 am

Good morning!

Trying to get my motor running — my get up and go has gotten up and gone! I guess I should give myself some credit — I didn’t roll over and go back to sleep when DH headed downstairs. I guess I’m still getting over the crud.

I was showing signs of getting caught up on laundry — so this morning, I tossed down my dirty clothes that had accumulated while I was sick. Soon I will head downstairs and see how much that added to what was already there.

My new winter coat arrived the other day. It is loose on top and too tight on the bottom — I can barely zip it. So I need to send it back. I am debating whether to get a larger size or look for a coat with a different cut. I’ll probably do both. I do miss being able to go into a store and try things on. And the plus-plus size market is a near monopoly and has horrid customer service.

Twins, here, at least, they have a PSA campaign, “Change Your Clock, Change Your Battery,” so your alarm was just getting a few days ahead of itself. Echoing prayers for Harmony and hopes that Bookie can find her way back here.
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:37 am

Starting out with a skippable rant, I guess
This morning was a bone density scan. Had never been there before, so I was 20 minutes earlier than the "arrive early" time, because I had wanted to leave myself plenty of time. The tech was singularly rude, rushing me and very annoyed if I didn't hurry enough, saying, at one point, "I only have so much time to do each of these". ? ? ? ? There was no other patient in the waiting room, or in the whole small place that I could tell. And I'm not particularly slow - don't think I'm unusual at all. When I didn't answer a question as quickly as she wanted, she said with irritation, "We CAN talk and do other things at the same time, CAN'T we?" I just stopped moving and wouldn't step onto the scale, which was the next thing. Time passed. Her demeanor changed. Still, I was astonished at the rudeness and feel I need to complete the online survey for this visit for sure. When I left, it was still eight more minutes until the stated time of my appointment.

Twins', I was disheartened to hear that your community worried about ugly sentiment and needed to discuss security.

Very stiff frost this morning. Yep, the tender plants and flowers are mostly gone. They had a good run. I think this is a little earlier than last year.

I had thought I would "sleep cold" last night but instead I think I just slept feeling very dry! The air felt downright crispy because of the heat trying to keep up with such a dip in temps outside. I suppose I'd better consider a humidifier.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:30 pm

I am sorry you had to deal with such an unhappy person this morning. No need for rudeness- if her day was rough then she needed to acknowledge it for herself instead of putting it on the clients. This was about her and not you d Harriet!
It's hard to start and continue the day when you come across a grumpy person. Not a skippable rant at All! It' good to say it so it gets off your heart a bit.
Praying the rest of the day is filled with happy people.

We have to put on a humidifier again as well.

hi d mystery!
you made me giggle with your
my get up and go has gotten up and gone!

glad you are getting off the crud feeling.
I am sorry the coat didn't fit right

d twins - I am sorry your congregation has to upgrade your security.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:56 pm

I had someone say "you never know which", my mom's name, "you will get". Mom has always been feisty but oh my today I had to laugh at how cranky she was. I have to ask if she took her meds and if she ate breakfast and, oh my, she wasn't happy about that. At least it shows she has her wits about her and feels that we are being inappropriate for even thinking of asking her that.

Oh my it was a fun experience :roll: 8-)
it has to be hard to be fiercely independent to have ones family check up on you.

so far:
went on the computer
went through a cookbook and tossed it.
too many asian - Indian etc. flavors for me. a new cookbook. I don't care for curry - I wish I liked it. and I don't care for Chinese flavors as well - I don't like ginger or lemon grass. I know I am missing out but my tastebuds don't care for it. I don't like fennel or any licorice flavors either - so you can see - What do I know?! :D

menu planned

tonight: minestrone soup - I have veggies I need to use up, beet salad with goat cheese, tomato crostini -
tomorrow: enchiladas
Friday: fish hoping they have walleye or sole

I have been trying to give mom meals that her mother/grandmother made and meals she has made in her past.
she made an Alsatian egg pie yesterday - herself!!!! it was very tasty.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:20 pm

Twins - Thank you for the start today.

I have noticed several new Israel flags flying as well as USA flags in our small town lately. It is a quiet statement that carries a depth of meaning.

Today has been smooth beyond belief. I am still a bit shocked how well the 3x5 cards are working for us and find myself waiting for "the other shoe to drop". I am adding one or two more cards each day, and no one has complained. If I get any push back, I will take a pause on adding cards and just hold steady on doing the cards we already have in sequence. Today I added cards for putting toilet tabs (monthly card) and cleaning the toilet (weekly) for everyone to do in their bathroom. I'm fairly sure DD12 has never seen a toilet tab and isn't aware of their existence. We are working on developing those lifeskills one card at a time.

Todays out of the house & time dependent events -
7:30 DD12 to school
8:45 DH, DS15 and myself to gym (30 minute driving)
10:30 Micro (4lb yorkie) to groomer (1 hour driving)
2ish - pick up Micro from groomer (1 hour driving)
3:30 DD12 from school

In hindsight I should have made a groomer appt for Tomas (border collie/poodle mix) at the same time as Micro. I'm not used to having this 3rd dog and the second dog that requires frequent grooming. Sam (whippet) has short hair that never grows. DS15 takes Sam into the shower and washes him. Keeping Sam groomed is simple, easy, quick, and cheap! ....Note to self.... make a card to get Tomas grooming appt and put it in the rotation.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:33 pm

I want so much to be upstairs and I've been doing other things and need to leave for workout soon.

I reconciled the temple cemetery account for Sept and put together a three month financial statement. I'll email it tomorrow, I hope. Want to let it sit and I'll look again before I email it out. Dh came home from lunch and found me "printer wrangling." This printer is completely crazy, telling me that ink cartridges are wrong wrong wrong and trying to talk s%$t to me. I think I finally have the ugliness subdued but it's been a frustrating time. And dh asking me questions, chit chatting and thinking he can dominate it. It's finally printing in color again and seems happy with the ink cartridges I offered.

And [insert hair on fire icon here] ddog is barking nonstop wanting to go outside. I'm refusing because I'm leaving soon.

Return to “Post When You Can”