Thursday on the Thruway PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Thursday on the Thruway PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:20 pm

dd younger is picking up d mom who she says is cranky bc she is confused. I left her alone all this morning bc I needed to keep away from the cranky mom. I know that sounds selfish but I needed a morning - hopefully eating lunch will help her feel better. dd younger Is getting her sweet greens - salmon, veg and rice.

So d mom will be here the rest of the day until bed time. it's better for her and I am trying to eat up this time with dd younger and d mom!

So far: dh did the dishes and emptied the dw.
I and he emptied a bunch of amazon boxes - I was pleasantly surprised that we are keeping 4 months ahead on our monthly items: paper towels, tp, cascade, dawn, oxi powder, garbage bags, hand soap. I think I would like to add cat food and dog food to the mix so that if ever there is a slump in the market again then our animals are okay. I wish we could do that with meds.
flip flopped laundry done.
dh is working on the garage :shock: who is this man! I am appreciated it!!!! wonderful! I think the last time he did anything like this has been at least a year or more.
lunch eaten

mom is really really off. tired - not chatting much - out of it. I may go and see if she took her meds while she is here with dd younger.

next ready for the few things I need.
waving at all of you!!!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:31 pm

Did a little outing with ddoggo forgot my phone to count my steps drat! We walked around the area there,
I left more painted rocks the last ones for this year.
I have one more winterising thing done rinsed off the truck drained the hose again and put it away till spring.
Voted today fetched the mail & have lunch early pea soup was just too tempting!
Ddoggo agrees!
Swept off the deck & patio & outdoor kitchen counter.

Made a loaf of pumpkin bread to freeze the house smells amazing!
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:23 pm

Harriet, that is just horrible, that a professional in a medical office would act so rudely! You are finished 8 minutes early and she still complains about only having "so much time" to do all this... :roll: :?: :shock: :o :evil: Oh my goodness. I don't even know how I would have reacted. I'm thinking I would have gotten rude back at her (which is not a very Christian way to deal with people, I admit) but... whew... Your stopping and refusing to get on the scale until she had a bit of an attitude adjustment was probably the perfect response! I would DEFINITELY fill out the online survey to report her.
Glad you're home and this is all in the past!

I keep Harmony on my mind constantly... sooo hoping she will recover fully from this and do well. Wondering how her dh is managing... know the daughters live away from her so I know how this has hit them so suddenly as well...
We just never know what a day will bring.

This day for me has brought on more care for dmom as well... she asked me to go by the grocery store again for a few things she had forgotten the other day. She does have pneumonia -- don't know if I mentioned that yesterday or not -- but said she was feeling well enough to go through local bar-b-que drive-thru for her lunch. (Steroid shot may have kicked in and she has an energy burst?) But she didn't want to be out in the wind, running around in a busy grocery store. We'll take her latest delivery out when we go for supper.

(((Blessed))) At least my dmom is normally in a good mood, and she almost never has any word of criticism to direct to me. She said she had talked to my dbro for a while this morning, so that's good. I'm glad to know he at least calls regularly.

I've also been to the post office and stopped by the radio station to pay a bill.
Also called phone company and the payment that had been delayed in the mail has arrived.

Need to iron tonight, but it will only take a couple hours, so I'm putting that off until I can have the tv in the bedroom to myself. I'll watch Chicago Fire while I do that; I have at least two hours of it on DVR.

my get up and go has gotten up and gone!
That's a common saying around here, between dmom and me, Mystery!

(((Twins))) Praying for your community and all the other Jewish communities in our country, as well as Israel. It is so hard for me to comprehend how there can be so much anti-semitism in our country, across college campuses, especially. It seems the people who preach tolerance the most are the ones who show the least tolerance to those who do not agree with them.
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:50 pm

Home from workout. Endurance. Wow.

I'm heading upstairs for a bit.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:49 pm

hello d Lucy, hello d twins, hello d harmony, hello d Nancy, hello d harriet, hello d lady, hello d mystery, hello d everyone!!

I have to take mom home. I am tired. mom is ready. I don't think she took her meds.
hello and sweet dreams to all of you!!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:12 pm

Blessed, we always wonder which (dgd's name) we're going to get! Oh my goodness, she is moody. She will be 8 in three weeks, and we just wonder how that household will manage when she becomes a teenager. She had a crying fit Sunday, because she wanted to put MY debit card in HER wallet and carry it while we did the Wmart grocery trip, "like an ADULT." :roll: shaking my head.

I am JUST NOW beginning the ironing! I've been shopping online for her birthday -- Belk has a sale that ends tonight. (Of course, they'll have another sale and another and another between now and Black Friday, and then some more pre-Christmas. LOL)
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”