Extra Hour Sunday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Extra Hour Sunday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:57 am

This is always a weird Sunday with the time change, the time never feels "right' and we'll have dark at six p.m. What are you doing with an extra hour of time today?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Re: Extra Hour Sunday PWYC

Postby CathyS » Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:20 am

I really wanted to get stuff done around the house, but now dh wants to go out for lunch at a food truck in Niagara Falls... sigh... I don't want to go. I want to just stay home and do stuff inside and outside of the house... I feel so whiny lately.

My dd turns 37 years old today. How did THAT happen?? :shock:

For those of you who haven't seen it, there is a "good news" post from Harmony's dd in J&C.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:41 am

Woke up at 3:00 what is up with that?
Journaling done
set clocks back done
qt done
bfast under way.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:31 am

I know, Cathy. I just want to stay home and not be bothered. Between dh and ddog I feel there's always someone/something under my feet wanting something. Ddog is doing in the in and out thing.

We have the concert today at three. Before then, I just want to relax but not sure what is in the cards.

It was good I delayed a grocery trip until tomorrow, will be less moving things around into new refrigerator. Guys delivering said to give it 24 hours to get to temp before we started loading it up. I'm putting a few things into it as I use them. Need to run water and discard, and discard first batches of ice.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:59 am

Yay!! There are numerous road closures right where dh wanted to go. The Duchess of Edinboro is in the area, so they have closed a lot of roads!

I managed to get a small window in the library covered with plastic that helps with keeping the room warmer in winter. I've never done it successfully before, but today it worked. I had a LOT of stuff in front of that window attempting to block as much sunlight as possible so the spines of the books don't fade. I have a lot of first editions that I want to keep in the best condition possible. Dh suggested something yesterday, so today I covered the window as well. I have a shelf of "momentoes" type things that are on that shelf that goes across under the window. I took all of them off and put most of them back. I have moved some things to the donation space near the back door. I will take them out to my car later today.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:18 pm

I agree d twins! it is strange for me too!
I would love if we stayed at one time and leave it be. the animals in our house don't know that we have an extra hour lol.
have a great day at the concert

hello d cathy! Happy birthday to your dd 37!!!
thank you for sharing about our dear Harmony! sorry the roads are closed today

hi d Nancy - wow you did get up early!!!
hope today is wonderful

hope everyone has a lovely day.

Mom is back to normal and I am taking it-she is happy and is wanting to clean her house! One of the camera's in her place is not working but I don't want to bother my brother.

Happy Sunday to you all.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:17 pm

I ordered a puzzle holder as I am finding everyone is putting things on top of my puzzle - I started doing puzzles again.
some work done.
grateful for Sunday.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:38 pm

there is a "good news" post from Harmony's dd in J&C.

YES!! YES!! YES!!!

Cathy - Happy Birthing Day!

DH and DS15 have left to make the 30 minute trip to pick up DS15 girlfriend to attend church with us. DD12 is going to spend the day with DD46.

------hours later I arrive back home and discovered I didn't it submit>>>>>

Church was amazing this morning. My heart is filled and overflowing.

Lunch is going to be simple and prepared in the air fryer. Fried chicken strips and waffle fries. We also have an abundance and variety of ready-to-eat food (leftovers). It is easy to tell when DS15 isn't home because the food doesn't get eaten as quickly.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:17 pm

Happy Birthday, Cathy's dd

Harmony did a great job directing her daughter to come find us!
A new darling one in Sunny's family is so affirming.

It is always a disappointment to me when dark begins to fall so early. I was thinking of dd25, who gets off work at 6 and has already complained about not seeing the sunlight after getting home from her workday. Now will be worse, I guess? However, it is possible her morning commute will be safer. I remember I did at least used to appreciate the help of easier mornings for school children.

Come to think of it, I do my "substitute dd43" job with the boys throughout the morning tomorrow, so I guess I should be grateful!

With my extra hour :idea: gift I got "around" to more online services.

Prayer meeting online last evening
Two services online this morning, early with one church family and 11 with another

Again, during the part of evening prayer meeting that is so chatty, I sewed. Others are very honest to say they are also doing other things with their hands during the conversational time.

I got to another kind of landmark or step with the sewing. 8-) I try to stop not only when the next thing to do is obvious, but when I'm satisfied that the last step I've just finished no longer needs to be held in my brain. (whew)

This afternoon I pulled up some frosted-upon plants. Still considerably more to do, and if I actually transplant some that are hardy, a lot of work. We'll see.

Getting extra laundry done during the day, as it is towels/bathmat time in laundry rotation, and they require no particular attention or brain power.

A little bit of Desk Day - greeting cards.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:23 pm

I have what I like to call the "flavour section" of my fridge. It's almost everything on the door. Lemon juice, soy sauce, steak sauce, Lea and Perrins, ketchup and mustard and some other things I can't remember right now. I ended up tossing 4 things that were more than a year passed the best before date. The mayo jams and jellies are also on that door. Now it looks a bit emptier and I like the way that looks.

Dh has been stretched out on the bed reading for most of the day.

I'm also moving the files out of the drawer in the library and they are being put back into file boxes and going back on the costco rack behind me. I just don't like bending way over to find something in that drawer. I will move the cds (mostly empty cases) back down into that drawer. I will fill the top drawer with pillows that I have had for many years and I am not ready to let them go yet. They have been scattered around the library just making a mess since I moved them out of that drawer whenever that was. The rocking chair is also being moved out to the storage shed. It's not comfortable enough to sit and stitch on. The idea was good, but there isn't enough seat to go to the back of my knees. I am going to be on the hunt for a wing chair for in there, hopefully this week.

... rocking chair has been moved to the shed. It will go back on to the patio next spring.
Last edited by CathyS on Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”