Tuesday Ta Dah PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Tuesday Ta Dah PWYC

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:30 pm

I have finished the three items I added to the list. I'm also keeping up with the residents' group emails. In response to my mass email on Sunday we have had 9 membership renewals via e-transfer. It was well worth setting that up (although it probably took over 4 hours last summer to get through all the crap the bank was tossing at us over it.) I hope the treasurer will get off my back now. She was reluctant that we set it up but also annoyed that we haven't done membership drive after membership drive to get to 100% paid dues. The buildings are 35% seniors but that means 65% of the residents don't use cash and giving them a way to etransfer dues is working really well. She will never be at 100% of our mailing list having paid dues, a better goal is closer to 25 - 30% .

Finally, in a big ta dah, I took a 20 minute nap! We'll see if that makes me less sleepy and more productive this evening.

I'm working on the tidying and the bullet journal. Just putting the foam inserts in the crown of my hats and reattaching the hat bands took close to an hour, so I was off on my time estimate for that task!

Oh, and I read a chapter of the book I took out of the library yesterday. It is The Windsor Knot and is about the Queen solving a murder at Windsor Castle. Lightweight stuff but fun.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:12 pm

My dinner didn't cook properly. This was the first time I tried to cook this dish with the induction burner and cast iron pan instead of the electric frying pan it calls for. In theory, no problem. In practice disaster. The carrots are completely hard, as in raw, after an hour of simmering on the stove and 5 minutes in the microwave on high.

Sigh...

I'm getting cranky because I'm hungry and tired.

I've started a thread on power or 20 minute napping in Healthy Habits.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8282

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:17 pm

Well. Wise Lucy (ROFLOL) didn’t do a thing differently today.
Ate too much candy, fell asleep on the couch.

Earlier though, I sent emails for church council and teacher group. That’s my ta-da for the day.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:51 pm

Maynard was the breakout star character in The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis. No one anticipated that Bob Denver would play the teen in such a winsome, endearing way. His story was poverty, holes in his clothes, living without a razor in a middle-class community in which his best friend was the respectable grocer-couple's son, Dobie. Denver took his talent for playing lovable, hapless every-boys to Gilligan's Island and the rest is history.

I did take a nap yesterday, fighting to get to sleep for some reason, but napping about a half-hour. I napped until the phone rang today - probably 10 minutes. That is the kind of thing that WILL happen, of course.

Spoke too soon about the week's appointments. The phone call reminded me that there's a second community meeting Thursday evening. I see no way out of going.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:55 pm

hi you all!!!

ended up taking mom to Macy's for her smaller suitcase
we at lunch at p f chng. I am not crazy about asian food but I love their pot stickers
Mom is her watching walker Texas ranger.

good night everyone! I wish you the sweetest dreams!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:22 pm

I have seen Maynard, Harriet. :)

Dh took me to Chick-Fil-A. He knows that’s a sure bet if I’m having an off day. And I am — having an off day. Sigh. I will try again tomorrow.,
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:12 pm

Dinner tasted fine although carrots in stew aren't supposed to crunch.

Ds asked for a video call and so we spent time with Ds, DDil (she's been upgraded from TG - The Girlfriend!), and dgs who was cute as a button and said "Dinosaur ROAR!" for Buppa.

Dh and I cleaned up the kitchen and then I worked on updating the calendars for the Resident Group. There's two, one on Facebook and one on Google. I think I have all the upcoming events in there. We now have two weekly events, one that repeats every 3 weeks and three more one-off events between now and December 17th. We are more active now than we've ever been. We used to hope to have an event or two per month, now we have that every week!

I did another couple of items in my bullet journal but I'm not finished yet. Neither is tidying or dusting or anything else on my list but I'm tired so heading to bed while I'm tired.

While I was napping, dh went out for a 6 mile walk with a friend. He's sore. No kidding! I'm sore, and I didn't quite do 3 miles today.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:47 pm

I did dishes after my dinner and it was good.
My counters have been worse and they have been better so I will take medium.
Time to go to my butterfly room and do my review of my writing for today progress or not it was a good writing day and I got the walk in
as we had mild temps.

Return to “Post When You Can”