Tuesday Ta Dah PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Tuesday Ta Dah PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:21 am

Name your ta dahs today! It's Tuesday.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Tuesday Ta Dah PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:22 am

Heading out to walk ddog.

Garbage out, laundry going, lots of things underway here!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:35 am

Last night's wisdom from Lucylee resonates with me

"if I want things to change, I have to change the things I do".

I'm typing this while still in my dressing gown. I have dealt with a number of emails this morning, though. And solved a really tricky Squardle that was unfinished on my screen from yesterday morning.

Today's to-do list is basically yesterday's list:

1. finish updating my bullet journal for this year I worked on it at the library and then stalled again. This morning I printed out several of the sheets I need, just one left to create, and then, of course, actually putting them into the new journal! This will likely take an hour because I know I'll get distracted.

2. prep for my Sunday afternoon meeting and send out the agenda. Ongoing but I did a lot last night and today's emails were part of the prep. At least an hour

3. Tidying and dusting. Tidying wasn't finished yesterday and dusting wasn't attempted which is ridiculous, both will take about 45 minutes if I stay focused.

4. Strip and remake bed....Done!

5. Swap out my summer clothes for my winter clothes... also cleaning the front hall closet properly Front hall closet done, Tilley hats washed, a few clothes swapped but not all. That's another 45 minute task, or less.

6. Try and spend some quality time with dh. Succeeded in spades except I couldn't stay with him at the laser cutter because the smell makes me sick.

7. Confirm I'm still preaching on Christmas Eve. A 10 minute task still undone.

NEW!

8. Book the lobby for a stuff swap. 20 minute task

9. Spend hopefully hour on either the treadmill or walking outside. It is very warm out (50s) but very windy so although I want to go out, I may do the treadmill. an hour

10. Cook something for dinner. an hour

First step to make:

Get dressed (my clothes are even laid out!)

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:12 am

Hi!

Dh had a "fasting" bloodwork appointment. He should be home shortly.

While he was gone, I moved the files from the lower drawer in the library back into a file box and back on to the costco rack behind me! There was enough to fill 2 file boxes. So happy that is done. Emptied the top drawer in the library and now both drawers are empty. I will be hiding my junk food stash in there as dh wants me to cut back on the junk that I've been eating. If it's "in sight" in the pantry, he wants to get into it and he's trying to stay away from junk food. I have a l!$t of stuff I want to get done in the library and now 2 major jobs are done. I've also been shifting books.

No idea what is for supper.

I would like to go to the landfill today, as dh has nothing else on his schedule. I could go alone, but it's something he likes to do. The last time I had the back of the truck emptied by the time he got out of the truck. He tends to sit and look all around to see what everyone else is doing. I get out of the truck and get the job done.

I ordered a 1 pound bag of foam chips from Amazon and they were delivered yesterday. Not worth the price, so now I am back on the hunt for foam chips. I had enough to top up the second pillow and I worked on hand sewing it shut while dh watched the football game last night.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:22 am

Good morning! Between Election Day and DH’s birthday, I have a good chunk of my day already mapped out.

DH has already gotten his present — a new game — though he hasn’t gotten to play it yet. We want to get together with dfriends; I need to make that happen.

I need to get DH a card and, while I’m there, pick up a card for one of the moms who just lost her father. I can do that after voting; the drugstore is right there. And if I go to the drugstore I don’t usually frequent, it’s even closer.

So. This morning, voting and drugstore. This afternoon, pick up pie, which DH prefers to cake, and take DC to their weekly D&D game. This evening, pick up DC and take DH out to dinner.

(Oh, and lucylee, I love The Gilded Age, too! So glad to see it’s back. :) )
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:35 am

I have less than 30 min before I go to my workout. It's early today so I can watch a webinar later. As I said yesterday, I'm drowning in webinars and would prefer to actually do some work. I'm working out at 11 and webinar starts at noon. If it will come up on my phone Zoom app I'll listen when I get in the car, and I'll join it upstairs when I get home.

Lucylee's words resonated with me too. I'm trying to be more productive in the a.m. if "I want things to change, I have to change the things I do". I feel like I never have enough time to do the things I want.

I'm going upstairs to get that computer set up for the Zoom.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:58 am

Ta Da---- I am here with all you wonderful women!!!

Thank you for starting us for Ta Da Tuesday d twins!
enjoy your work out
yay on your walk!

hi d mystery good morning Happy birthday to your DH!

hi d cathy
hello hello

hi d Kathryn I hope you get done what you want to get done!!!

d Lucy IS a very wise woman!

hello all!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:59 am

alllll the dishes from last night is still there. :shock:
so that will be my first focus.

dinner??? I have a whole roasted chicken that I need to use.
cauliflower and broccoli need using.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:11 pm

UP at six felt like sleeping in sun was just coming up great to see that.
Listening to audio Bible day 54 I think it it.
Joy Journal x
Spiritual Journal x
bujo x
dump trash & take 2 curb x
bfast x
did 2 yt shorts
Rx x 1st.
next up.
other rx time for it in a bit. Done.
Dishes x
------
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:40 pm

Ramblin', thank you so much for letting us know news from Norma and Mr. Guy! Will be thinking of her as she starts to feel even better, I hope!

Return to “Post When You Can”