Thurs. Check In

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Thurs. Check In

Postby Nancy » Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:59 am

I am ok.
It is cold but not to bad. 33* / 51* today's temps. it is frosty outside.
I am doing my regular routine but have a hoodie on in my creativity room with my portable heater it is nice.
I have laundry going sheets are next.
Glad for an electric stove and hot water today that works.
Schools are closed in the area.
They will get the line back up today but reliting process will take time they have called in extra crews this has been called a state of emergency.
Small heater is great in smaller room like bedroom or office.
-----
Journaling & laundry done.
Bake bread next up made rolls in a bundt pan.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Re: Thurs. Check In

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:02 am

Nancy - Thank you for opening the SHE village today. I hope they get your gas back on quickly.

Yesterday's meal for 125 went smoothly. I made a few bloopers in the timing, but I was able to adjust and things worked out without a problem. All food was ready to serve when the clock struck 5:45pm. I received several compliments and no complaints, so I am taking that as a win-win.

Today I can turn my focus and attention back to my normal doings.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:17 am

Hi!

Dh asked if I heard the massive rain storm last night. Nope. I only got up once during the night. He says he was up for most of the night.

Supper tonight is a request from dh. Salmon casserole. Works for me as I have been wanting something with pasta. I just need to buy a can of cream of mushroom soup to go into the casserole.

It is another overcast day here. Very cold but no snow in today's forecast.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:02 am

We're overcast today with expected high in upper seventies. Rain probably tomorrow, I hope. The chances are not that high but are consistent. Temp in fifties tomorrow.

Glad Nancy weathered the overnight. When our power has been off I've found that I can bundle up overnight and sleep well. Daytime is different. And LM fed 125 - she is rapidly approaching superman status.

I've fallen off on my get up and get it done early run. Ddog is walked but back/side are achy so I need to lie down flat on floor and stretch. Eating breakfast now.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:20 pm

I have almost half of today's out of the house trips done.
7:30am DD12 to school - done
8:45 DH, DS15 and myself to gym. Done
Still to do -
3:30 DD12 from school
4:30 get DS15 girlfriend
11'ish take DS15 girlfriend home

DS15 and his girlfriend are going to a Newsboy concert tonight. Thankfully they have a ride to/from the concert so we just need to get them to the meeting place.

I did NOT WANT TO go to the gym today. However I made myself do it and now I'm glad I didn't listen to my whining bratty self. No matter what happens the rest of today, I have one thing I can be proud about.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:18 pm

I haven't stretched my back, but I have:
-returned a phone call re: temple cemetery and agreed to be on call to meet at 4 p.m. today at cemetery
-agreed to go by cemetery and drop off a check for a cemetery deposit
-wrote cemetery chedk
-took second look at cemetery f/s and corrected
-emailed cemetery financial statement
-got tickets for second Broadway show.

Got to stretch now.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:13 pm

Nancy, I'm glad to hear you have electricity and can do laundry, cook, etc. Hoping your heat comes back on soon.

Checking in that Morning Dailies were done well, then a delish smoothie brunch. Extra time in the kitchen to get it back up to par, using a timer.

I see so much in the kitchen that could help get it to a look of attractiveness and a better level of efficiency. There is so much of "one thing depends upon another" - the "but first" problem.

Today I hope to get in some more sewing.

I will have to start getting ready for the community meeting about 3:00. Dd43 will go with.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:35 pm

We had snow and freezing rain early in the morning.

We also had a planned water outage from 7 a.m. onwards. I showered last night and dh I were up early this morning so we could get dressed without too much use of jugs of water.

We left just after 8 to babysit out at ds's place. Our car has dodgy all-season tires but by then the roads were just wet so it was fine. We could see the layer of ice on the power lines and trees as we got close to ds's town. We picked up dgs and went to the diner for breakfast, giving his mommy 30 minutes of fewer distractions before leaving for work.

We played until well after lunch should have started, then I realized the time. He went down for his nap in his big boy bed just fine once we found the soother. We had to send a text asking and sure enough would never have found it otherwise (it was in a cupboard in the kitchen.) We had tried without it but he just cried at his door (they have a gate in front of it so he can't get out of his room but he can open the door.) Two minutes after he had the soother, all sound stopped.

I took a power nap and dh is restringing the guitars.

I've now been through all 854 pictures from the wedding and downloaded 94 to my computer.

That's the big task I had to do while dgs slept.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:48 pm

I just had a shower and after I dried off, I sprayed cleaner all over the bath/shower area and then I sprayed the sink. I used the long handled scrubbie thing and did the bathtub and shower. I wiped out the sink. Done quickly and without thinking too much ahead of time, it all got done and now I just have to go in and wipe down the counters and bring in a fresh bowl for the cat's water. Dh just went in and when he came out he said the bath/shower area looks great. Now I feel like I actually did something today.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:02 pm

After Lunch CI ~
Used my mini crock pot for the soup I had for my lunch.

Dd called and said she is okay at the farm and they have oil heat and her apt. has electric. And that we need to get me a 3rd space heater for if this were to happen in Jan. for example. #3 Dgd's dad's place has heaters in the bedrooms. #2 Dgd no heat has pup heaters has a s/o. other #1 dgd no heat has 1 pup heater & fiancee'.

Heat will not be restored for up to 3-5 days because of the slow house to house restart and lite process they will relight pilot lites as they do the check on these.

I have walked ddoggo. Brought home a branch for the firepit. To cook the squirrel ddoggo brought home yesterday. Kidding!

Got help shutting off the gas outside the house being a lefty I did not get it and was trying to turn it the wrong way.
My lady pastor did it, I sent pumpkin bread with her and hot cocoa packets that were too high of sugar content for me.

I swept the kit. hall & dining room also the deck patio & driveway.
I am still okay it is cool but I have a hoodie on inside the house. Cancelled lunch date for Fri. bc of the heat situation.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”