Tuesday Two-For

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Tuesday Two-For

Postby Nancy » Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:22 pm

Blessed there are meals on wheels here might be an option for some days and other people contact if you need that.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:40 pm

Thank you d Nancy! I did meals on wheels for my grandmother and dh's family and I did that for mom-in- law and it was not very good - I am sure it's just our area!!! I ended up cooking for d mom in law as she didn't eat the meals.

It is a great idea - Mom lives in a building that might bring her a meal for lunch. I need to call and see if they will deliver it if she doesn't want to join in. I think it's a good idea! If mom moves here permanently the next season - I will have to have her busy with the building activities so she can socialize outside of me and figure out meals. meds are another issue.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:51 pm

Our two-fer is just being particularly two-of-us today. 26th anniversary. HRH ordered our fav lunch in from local upscale sandwich place. always beautifully done. He gave me a Charlotte, or "whirlwind" bundt pan, because I had such a positive reaction to it on GBBShow when Paul had the bakers use it for a special holiday show. I really shouldn't use it except for very special occasions - it will make a lot of cake. Probably our Christmas gathering.

I was remembering Harmony saying that she and Mr. Harmony had such a good time about a month ago, when they came upon some old photos and then went through all their old albums together. That must have been fun for them.

Harmony, hoping your recuperation is continuing and even gaining steam. ((Harmony))

Nancy, I know you do have hot water, but it still concerns me that you had to take a shower without any heat in the house. I guess you had the space heater. I'm sure taking "sponge baths", as my dmother would say, is getting old.

After our lunch, I need to gear up and start getting to some work around here. It is Recyclables day in the morning. So, the work in the mud room all gets done today, heavy cleaning day there.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:27 pm

Happy anniversary, Harriet and HRH!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:30 pm

Oh, and the movie dd25 and the young man had recommended to me as an Agatha Christie fan - A Haunting in Venice. HRH and I watched it together last night, since it has now come to Netflix, so why not. Highly recommended, although, yes, you will jump out of your skin, sometimes when it's just the simplest thing, sometimes when you were right to be scared, lol. You just don't know. Kenneth Branaugh is a very artful director who uses rich staging. Tapestries, candlelight, castle-like architecture, so dramatic. And, Venice, right? so it's way cool.

Oh, thanks, lucylee. How are you feeling?

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:59 pm

Happy Anniversary to Harriet and HRH!

I drove home from workout while listening to the beginning of the Zoom, then transferred to my laptop downstairs while I ate lunch, and now I'm upstairs at my desk until 3:30.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:22 pm

I showered last night.
They are on my street.... have heat the heat is on theme song! Yea!!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:24 pm

hello again.

Dearest Harriet and HRH - Happy Anniversary!!!!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:28 pm

quick hi.

dd younger is taking d mom out for lunch and gave her her medicine!
She took her dog with for a good walk later on.

hi d Nancy
hi d harriet
hi d Lucy
hi d twins
Hi d everyone!!!!!

so far counters are cleaned, stove is cleaned, sink is clean, set up puzzle on a new folding table I bought -
laundry 1 is washing,
dw is on
set up christmas cards for mom to do later.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:48 pm

Happy Anniversary wishes to Harriet & HRH!

I made BBQ chicken tenderloins and also went to local restaurant and brought home 3 chicken spaghetti and salad meals. DH and I shared half of one of the meals and DS15 ate 2.5 of them. DS15 can eat like no one else when he is bored & stuck at home 24/7.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”