Friday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Friday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:19 pm

I'm really glad I was able to schedule a workout today. It felt good, always just right.

Our supper tonight is what I planned for last night - pork chops, caramelized apples and onion, and a caesar salad.

We're going to dcousins' for Thanksgiving and I'm taking challah. Afterwards, may also go to A & V's but I may be too peopled out. A and V have a lot of relatives coming in.

Ddog is outside in the weak sunshine. I'm going to work on my own DAR documents. I can do it at the downstairs computer, I don't like to go upstairs while she's outside.

We might get a little rain later today, but are hoping for rain on Tuesday. I haven't seen more that 50% chance of rain in a couple of months. We've had less than 1/2 inch since 1 September.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:22 pm

DH were just discussing Thanksgiving menu yesterday. The dishes we know we want to have -
Ham
Cornbread dressing
2 kinds of mashed potatoes - sweet & russet
Brown gravy
Green beans
Pea salad
Homemade hot rolls
Fruit salad

We are going to use the fruit salad as dessert. DH and I made a pinkie promise a couple days ago to limit eating sugar (as much as possible). I told DH that I had to clean up my eating. I have started eating sugar again and I suffered the results. My body was hurting so bad that the pain was constant all day every time I moved and even when I sleep it would wake me up when I moved in bed. DH volunteered to join me in cutting out sugar. I haven't had sugar in about 48 hours and the pain has disappeared. It is startling to me how sugar can affect my body like that. As much as I dislike being in pain after eating sugar, I am thankful the pain goes away when I stop eating sugar.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:24 pm

my goodness -SHE Friday has taken off without me - two pages already!!!
my body is hurting so I will get a tylonel to take off the edge.

heading out but wanted to say hello - hello!

I couldn't get to the store yesterday so I am picking mom up in a few minutes.
did you all know that Cost co no longer takes any thing but a visa based card or a debit card? They changed it November 15th of this year. I had gone there and was at the check out. I had some cash but not enough for the whole order.

- I don't have a debit card after a problem with Etsy - someone used my card and said that I bought expensive art from them. After a couple hacks and changing my card over and over again then I ended my relationship with my debit card.

I wasn't mad - but felt I wasted time. Hey I probably didn't need it anyway
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:30 pm

No, blessed I did not know that. I don't have one close to me but know people who do. I certainly hope those signs at the front door that TOLD people that were big signs! If not, pooh on them. Also, sorry to hear you had a bad experience with et sy and card. I guess it wasn't really et sy, it was someone unscrupulous.

The story today has been sewing. My eyes are bleary. Considerable time on machine stuff like a problem with bobbin, but progress, too. Can't believe it's dark out there. But then, darkness means little these days! Not that late!

Nice to be doing some sewing each day. BookSaver was once part of a challenge to spend a month doing some sewing every day, and I think she had a lot of fun with that.

Tomorrow's a big day:

Getting ds involved in moving the storage building was a game-changer. We seem to be doing it in the morning! He says just let him handle it, has found a mover for much less than half of what the other folks wanted, and has a plan.

Someone from our family is supposed to go to a larger-family-group gathering in celebration of dmil's bday tomorrow, including her two living brothers. I don't know who will go, but I have specifically nagged dstepson and dd25, since they are certainly the ones she would hope to see. In fact, dsisil said she was sure her mother would rather see grands than HRH! lol! Dmil has these two plus our niece, dbil's dd, who is 12 or 13 now, so three total.

Return to “Post When You Can”