Superb Saturday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Superb Saturday PWYC

Postby Harriet » Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:14 pm

Oh, LadyM that is scary - and, in agreement with you, he shouldna'. Beyond how unhappy he himself is, for another thing, it scares those who love him. Dd25 stood up at work from under a metal cabinet yesterday when she had been bent over working at the counter. She whammed the back of her head, causing a bump but didn't break the skin and her hair is very thick. She said she could hardly believe how much pain just that moment was, so I'm sure your dh was hurting if he actually bled AND can't prove whether he was knocked out. I'm so sorry.

Not as funny now that your dh actually is hurt and your ds15 sort of had to rescue him. :( BUT I'm still going to tell you I thought of a funny about (for?) your ds15. I had recently read a study that the fence hopping made me remember. Although what ds15 did was not so bad for him to do, he didn't realize he was being an example. And he has caused one of the little ones to go astray. :)

Twins' will attend a surprise bday party, but the one I'll attend today for dmil is not. Only her oldest living brother will be surprised, because his dd says she has to surprise him with any event, or he'll think about it so much he'll talk himself out of going. (smile! I understand that thinking!) Hard to believe it (although I know ya'll will, since it's about me), but I made her a bookmark at the last minute. "no gifts" at the party, so I'll partially hide it in the card.
Procrastination - check.
Perfectionism - check.
Consistency - check.

I really donwanna go. But, a whole lot of folks who really donwanna actually aren't, so that settles it for me. This apathy for visiting/calling dmil makes me sad for her. She is not an easy person to be around, I know. In fact, she has some antagonistic history with most. But nobody ever promised us a rose garden - we have to expect a spectrum, I think.

Moving of the little storage building may have been put on hold - we've heard nothing. HRH says he feels the need to be here because it still might happen, but doesn't want to call either son, since they are both already trying as hard as they can and have asked us to trust they can accomplish... ..

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:47 pm

LadyM…
Are you sure you don’t want to take your dh to the ER? He could have been knocked out and might have a concussion. Better to be safe than sorry. I’m sorry he’s hurting and scared you and ds15
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:06 pm

another hour gone. time to set up timer again.

hello d rose!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:31 pm

I do hope your mil has a lovely time, d Harriet !!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:01 pm

I am taking a short break before making dinner - dd younger is walking her dog in the woods and I have asked her to pick up mom afterward. I can't trust that she will eat dinner or taker her meds. dd older is meeting friends for dinner.

dd younger stress slept - she has lots of work to do and is understanding that soon she goes back to Florida with mom. I know my brother is thinking mom needs to come back here permanently, after the season is over. -May/June.

I have to talk to brother and see if he is going to Florida for christmas so that dd can come home.

next:
12. prep dinner
13. clean the powder room
14. put away dishes from dw - fill with anything from dinner prep..
15. shower
16. maybe sweep the dining room

with mom: christmas cards.
it was nice to have my own time today! dh went with dd older to have something fixed on her new car, get it washed (dh loves that stuff), store, paper store and one other thing - dh is thrilled - not like him to go all over.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:59 pm

Hoping Lord M is okay, I'm sure they are keeping close watch over him for signs.

I'm dressed for the "dressy casual" evening. Black pants, nothing remarkable with a short sleeve black knit sweater with mock turtleneck with black and gold beads/trim at neck. Accessorized by white dog hair, of course.

Anyway, we're heading out soon. I got a substantial nap in anticipation of people, people and more people.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:39 pm

It has been foggy and has finally burned off yea!
Sipping tea reading along.
Make ahead meals for me have been exactly what I needed this month.
Definitely great for just me and I made what I like stuff squash really hit the spot today with a home made roll.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:47 pm

I have been doing hourly checkups on DH. He is in his recliner in a quiet room playing solitaire and relaxing. Thankfully, he doesn't have any of the signs they say to watch for after a possible concussion. I have encouraged him to take it extremely easy the next few days.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:32 pm

The little party at a restaurant was very enjoyable. Just 8 people, one of whom I had never met before. The cake dsisil had ordered was way too much and we all ended up taking home a lot.

Twins'
, you were smart to get that nap. All black with white accents sounds just right.

Didn't one of us once ask about a recommendation for getting a quilt top machine quilted? I have had to come to grips lately with how hard it's getting to find someone and did put one person's shop info in A, C and Needlework thread if anyone is interested.

Someday (saying this wistfully) I want to try again my idea for machine quilting one myself in parts so I could save money without dealing with the whole heavy thing at a home machine. I tried it once and it was fine on the front but the back didn't finish very well. I didn't want to face all the handwork on the back, tried machine, it turned out messy and I've never tried again. I'd like to make another attempt since surely years of subconsciously dealing with that puzzle-failure will have helped.

Harmony, "puzzle" makes me think of you! One of the few people I have known who has actually finished a jigsaw puzzle, sealed it, framed it and hung it on the wall. Great at follow-through! Wishing you all the best in recovery, Harmony!
with mom: christmas cards.

I'm impressed, blessed. You are way ahead of me.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:31 am

Packages will not be here for a couple of days not surprised.
Stayed home today bc of my bug.
spiffed up the kitchen.
Snow in the forecast tonight north of us to night.

Return to “Post When You Can”