Grey Cup Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Grey Cup Sunday

Postby CathyS » Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:39 am

Winnipeg vs. Montreal for this year's final football game of the season for the Canadian Football League. The game is in Hamilton this year. Dh will be watching even though his favourite team isn't in the game.

Do you have a favourite football team? Do you have a favourite sport? Are there any rituals involved with watching "your" team? Superstitions?
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

CathyS

Re: Grey Cup Sunday

Postby CathyS » Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:39 am

Hi!

I bought some chicken wings to make for dh for supper. We will also be making dh's beef "stew". Neither are necessary, just that both of them were in the reduced freezer at the store yesterday and we have been buying stuff from there recently. We usually bring stuff home and put it right into our freezer, but dh couldn't make up his mind regarding the beef stew meat, and there weren't a lot of chicken wings in the package, so we are cooking both.

BUT first I have to clean the kitchen so I can cook.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:53 am

hello d cathy - hope your dh enjoys the game.
Personally I love the Wisconsin badgers football team - university of Wisconsin Madison.(we lived in Wisconsin for a couple years and my eldest went to Madison for university.) I am not a big pro team fan as I tend to get frustrated even though I know the local team does their best. - I live in Bear's territory and I can go with Bears or Packers. (We are closer to the border).

enjoy your day d cathy and everyone!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:57 am

Cathy, my team was beaten soundly yesterday, but dh's team had a good night of it. We like college football, I'm not so high on professional football myself.

Ds came by this a.m. - he and dh are attempting to get his retirement accounts from the two places he worked before Volkswagen consolidated with the IRA he opened with dh's brokerage company. They will try again on a weekday when he's off of work just after Thanksgiving. The three of us went out to eat breakfast at an IHOP.

We are probably going to the river later. I'm just hanging out for awhile in front of my computer until dh makes some moves or checks in with dfriends. We had a good time last night - lots of people we know that hadn't seen in a while, good food, good bar. The party honoree was indeed surprised. I don't know how she did it!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:00 pm

Happy Sunday!!! how is your holiday planning going?

Yesterday dd younger took d mom out. At first mom wasn't thrilled with the idea of going out but as soon as she was in the car, she was a happy camper.
I didn't see mom at all; I spoke to her but didn't see her.

I don't know why but I just love Sunday!
it's my planning day, a misc. day and a grateful day for me.

I have had to whole morning to myself which was lovely.

a fall poem: Have a great Fall day.

"Come, little leaves," said the wind one day.
"Come over the meadows with me and play;
Put on your dresses of red and gold,
For the summer is gone and the days grow cold."

Soon as the leaves heard the wind's loud call,
Down they came fluttering, one and all;
Over the brown fields they danced and flew,
Singing the sweet little song they knew.

"Cricket, good-by, we've been friends so long,
Little brook, sing us your farewell song;
Say you are sorry to see us go;
Ah, you will miss us, right well we know.

"Dear little lambs in your fleecy fold,
Mother will keep you from harm and cold;
Fondly we watched you in vale and glade,
Say, will you dream of our loving shade?"

Dancing and whirling, the little leaves went,
Winter had called them, and they were content;
Soon, fast asleep in their earthly beds,
The snow laid a coverlid over their heads.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:02 pm

waving at d twins!!! have fun with our ds!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:25 pm

start

1. gratefulness :D
2. empty dw, :D
3. clean counter, :D
4. clean sink :D
5. clean stove :D
6. clean microwave :D
7. dh is doing dishes and emptying the cans I pulled that were outdated - then recycled it. grateful! :D

8. remove cans from pantry and wash shelves :D I need to do this twice a year instead of every November

9. sweep the kitchen floor - quick vacuum- rinse
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:31 pm

Stew is cooking. Kitchen isn't clean, but I did clean the stovetop and the 2 pots needed for the stew. For whatever reason, the carrots get cooked separately and then the water and the carrots are added to the pot. There was a LOT of meat, therefore there isn't a lot of room for more than 2 large potatoes. The whole thing is simmering right now. (Meat, 3 carrots, 2 onions and 2 potatoes. The only seasoning is 3 packets of OXO. No pepper, no flour, no bay leaves...)

Now I will sit for a bit while I wait for all of dh's pants and swim suits to "strip" in the bathtub. They are soaking in oxiclean that got dissolved in hot water which went into a tub full of cold water. Then all the clothes went in and got stirred around. I "think" they soak in this for an hour. Can't remember. But even though ALL of the clothes had been washed and dried before this, the water is BLACK!! Later I will do a tub full of dh's work tops. (They are all black and they all say carhartt... LOL!) (later... I checked the FBook page, and the recommended time is 4 hours. Hmmm...)

I think I just felt guilty because I didn't lift a finger to do anything at all yesterday other than sweep under the kitchen table.

Right now dh is laying down because he says he doesn't feel good. Very unlike him.

It's sunny and cold out here. The temperature should be around 32F when the game starts. It's referred to as "0 Celcius" here, but I didn't want all y'all freaking out.
Last edited by CathyS on Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:18 pm

My team is NFL football Seattle Seahawks. On later today.
Grey cup is coffee cup for me! LOL! I do not have any grey cups but have blue ones and ones that are my team themed.
I pulled out my cups today before getting on here and the ones with great sayings I'll use this week.
I have raked leaves no idea what is above the clouds / fog.
Was out of sorts when I got up doing better now.
Working a bit to finish up on some tasks that did not get done bc I was feeling puny this week.
Had bfast did qt & journals.
Skipping church bs was act & it's friends giving day there do not need that temptation.
Vacuuming in the bedrooms & walk done!
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:38 pm

Twins… yes our team got whooped yesterday, but it came as no surprise

Was up early and went to HD to buy two Christmas catus. Missed them last year.

Came home and worked outside trimming bushes. It was suppose to be cooler today, but they lied!

Now I’m taking a break and then will eat my lunch. I have a bunch of events coming up due the next to weeks so I need to update my calendar. I also have several cards I need to write and then address so they will be ready for the mail tomorrow.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Post When You Can”