Well-prepared Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Well-prepared Wednesday PWYC

Postby Nancy » Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:11 pm

From what I could find that closing was just in NY area.
I learned of it here first as I had not have news on.

I got the leaves swept off the driveway.
Raked leaves up off the gravel part of the driveway filled 2 more cans, that was good for my attitude yea!
Fresh air helped and it had stopped raining ddoggo helped by watching and monitoring my progress.
Might have half of them down now. It was good for stretching too pick them up. :mrgreen:

Planned left overs for my dinner.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:22 pm

FBI is involved now... I'm going to delete both of my posts because there is so much info, I think some of it is misleading.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:14 pm

Cathy - I'm glad to see you posting. I immediately thought of you as the closest SHE when I saw the report.

I made a pan of beef/bean/cheese enchiladas with a made-up recipe. In theory it would taste good but I wasn't for sure so I paused in making them until the first pan came out of the oven. Everyone raved how good they were, so I made and cooked two more pans.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:13 pm

I'm still unwell but I'm still functional. Just with sighs and groans and dragging myself to do things. I just got back from walking to the grocery store with dh to get bread and mango juice. Saw 6 pounds of apple for $5 (compared to $2+ a pound otherwise) and so poor dh had to carry that home too.

Yesterday I did nothing all morning except finish swapping summer for winter clothes, but I got my housework completed in the afternoon. Skipped my walk due to exhaustion. Felt really sick after dinner so took a tylenol before my online meeting and sipped at hot water. Got through it just fine.

I'm sleeping OK, just with 2 - 3 coughing fits a night. I keep forgetting to nap in the daytime.

Today I have been mostly focused on scheduling stuff for next week and tidying.

I'm following the Guardian's coverage of the Rainbow Bridge explosion because I find they are much less emotive/reactionary that sources closer. At this point we don't know much.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/liv ... aincontent

As local people go back and forth across the border without much thought, I feel very sorry for anyone caught on the wrong side of the closed border. It is even worse now that airport is closed too, no chance to fly back to Canada. Hopefully the eastern NY border crossings (and Michigan) stay open but that's a very long detour to get home.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:30 pm

Lol!!!

Just saw a tweet saying that while the US was focused on the Niagara Region Canada has successfully seized half of Michigan. (It was a TV news map graphic showing the Canadian border with Wisconsin, thus indicating we have seized the portion of the state of Michigan between Wisconsin, Lake Superior, Lake Michigan and Lake Huron. We got everything North of the Mackinac bridge!)

I'll go out on a limb and say all that I'm reading indicates that Niagara was a tragic medical incident. I still think it is reasonable to suspect terrorism until proven otherwise and I don't question the actions taken to shut the border. But I hope they can open things back up almost as quickly so that those caught on the 'wrong' side can get home tonight without having to drive around a Great Lake.

Edit to add: Woot! while I was typing this post, my newsfeed showed that the Buffalo crossing has opened up.

(In case you want to see the tweet and ID the news organization if you haven't already guessed, here it is: https://twitter.com/mattgurney/status/1 ... 5227938160)

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:28 pm

Three of the four bridges have opened up. Rainbow Bridge is still closed while the car crash is being investigated. A car was travelling at a VERY HIGH rate of speed, hit a cement barrier and became airborne and then hit one of those customs "shacks". If you watch the video, pay attention to the background. Suspect vehicle can be seen to be speeding starting in the back left of the picture. The distance that it was airborne is actually quite impressive although the end result was 2 people died and the customs agent is now in hospital.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:45 pm

Cathy, I also thought of you immediately when I heard about the bridge closing! I'm so glad you are okay -- but I hope the yucky-sick feeling you're having goes away soon, too!

DGS is still coughing, but ddil says he has no fever. One of my two aunts said she had a sore throat and cough also. It's just "tis the season" for all the crud, I guess. I've had a headache for a couple days, but it is much better since the cold front finally passed through, I think. We got a little bit of rain, but not enough to end the drought we're in, according to tv weather people.

Hope you feel better soon, too, Kathryn!

bw2, you are always so positive and upbeat, even when things aren't going your way.

Ditto that, Twins! Blessed, you are really a good role model.

Forgive me (again!!!) for not posting personal notes to EVERYONE but I am just taking a quick break from the kitchen and all the stuff that makes me "well-prepared" for tomorrow. Ha!
DH woke up all "overwhelmed," in full Sheldon-mode. He wanted to get the kitchen & dining room set up, extra chairs out, etc... and what was he going to do with his medicine... and let's get our clothes ready for the weekend... and pack the car... AAGGUGUGUHHHH!!! I just wanted to tell him to Take a Breath. It is sooo strange for me to be the calm person in any group, but boy, around here it seems I have taken that role.
We got all that done, and I s2s, and FINALLY got started on the chicken and dressing -- after quick stops at the Dollar General, post office, and the bank. I had forgotten plastic cups, and I felt we might need some paper bowls for tomorrow. My mom is making fruit salad and it's pretty juicy to put on plates with other stuff. I asked how she makes macaroni and cheese -- I was planning to give it a try -- but she said she would make that also.

The dressing is now in the refrigerator, dishes are all washed and need to be put away, and I am about to make cookies.
Then need to do a quick touch up with the swiffer and last minute bathroom cleaning.

I hope you all have a truly wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow, that those who are feeling sickly today will have quick recovery, and that our dHarmony can have some blessings in her day.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”