Well-prepared Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Well-prepared Wednesday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:59 am

Today is a last day before the holiday season starts (in the U.S. at least) and a chance for preparedness before the storm.

What's your holiday plan? Gifts? Celebrations? Travel? While you're thinking ahead, give some thought to the new year goals and implementation before the thick of the season.

And there's a long weekend in the U.S. with the resultant travel, food, get-togethers and shopping!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Well-prepared Wednesday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:34 am

And there's the Holiday Planning thread for specifics! Some people actually start planning before Thanksgiving! :lol:

I've walked the ddog three laps and am having a second big cup of coffee. I didn't set an alarm this morning - tomorrow morning we will be out early because we're doing a "Grateful Gobble" 5K walk that begins around eight a.m. :shock: Dh and I did it several years with the kids when our synagogue had a team, and they've started a team again. After that we come home to shower and go to dcousins around 1 p.m. Dh thinks we may also go to A & V's - they have a lot of family and extended family in. They are, in fact, staying at the river and her dson and family is staying at her house. I'm thinking I won't get there, at least, but we'll see.

Dcleaning lady is coming on Friday a.m. so no sleeping late that morning.

I have nothing on the calendar for today except for baking challah for tomorrow at dcousins. Almost feeling bad about not planning to bring something else, but they always have a lot of food.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:38 am

Twins - Thank you for opening the SHE village this morning. I am looking forward to reading everyone's thoughts, opinions, TADA's and challenges.

A new strand of covid has arrived in my little corner of the world. Symptoms causing the most concern are horrible stomach pains and vomiting. Zofran, Phenergan, and levsin are being used to treat symptoms that last for 5-14 days. Getting dehydrated is landing several DFriends in ER to get hydrated by IV.

I've been outside twice this morning which translates into I have accomplished the first 2 hours of exceeding 250 steps. While outside I am taking the opportunity to work a few minutes in the garden raised beds. My primary focus is adding and mixing ingredients to enrich the soil. I don't do a separate compost pile but instead create compost piles on top of each of the raised beds during winter. That means I am turning compost ingredients to mix them all through the winter months. By springtime most of the ingredients will turn into rich dark soil.

Although I made some progress yesterday my SHE cards are still in disarray. Being out of the house 6 hours plus cooking and keeping everyone fed left me less time than I needed to get the cards caught up. Today I will continue with my effort to get the SHE cards back into an organized streamline method of keeping me on track.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:18 pm

I am thinking on how I have been feeling and a light version of that LM for me.
Ear sinus stuff and it has been effecting my attitude getting outside helps.
Today it is light rain outside sigh.
had bfast .
I need to thaw out veg. for my dish tomorrow if I"m up to it. If I say home I will eat them anyway.
Got them out of the freezer.
Got good stuff on my writing project this week so far so that is good.

I need to shift my focus today.
Get out umbrella.

s2s & wash hair happened.
Rain stopped
Walked ddoggo
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:45 pm

when I saw "well prepared" I smiled to myself - that will be my goal! it's not where I am right now but I can work towards it!

I am normally well ahead for the holidays but this year I have one gift for mom to give to my brother. that's it. I have Christmas cards on my kitchen table
food in the car from yesterday to put away. keeping fingers crossed. I won't go shopping late at night with d mom again. I get lazy

thank you d twins! yay on your 3 laps this morning.
Grateful Gobble walk!!! I love that name. hope its great.
enjoy your day and thank you for starting us!

hello d lady! I am praying for your d family to feel better!!!!
may today be peaceful and productive day!

hi d Nancy! I hope you have a good healthy feeling and positive day!!!

to all - have a wonderful day!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:04 pm

mom messed up her tv the other day and dd younger came with me and fixed it. It took a half hour to figure out what happened.

today she has someone coming to figure out her phone - my brother, dd younger and I can't figure it out. There is no button for message recall or password anymore.

I woke up late as I had a nightmare this morning that we had to move to a much smaller house (which doesn't bother me - I actually think it would be easier) but it was wall to wall city.

I had to laugh (to myself) yesterday bc mom has a bee in her bonnet over her meds and my doing them. dd younger is the mom whisperer and has a wonderful way with her. mom messed up her meds again yesterday - dd calls it pick a pill - any pill. and was wonderful with mom. (I don't mind being the bad guy so that dd gets a break from it).

today to bring tomorrow
set up the carrot salad for tomorrow's making: shred carrots, cook the bacon, put aside the bacon grease, cut red onions, cut up parsley, make the dressing. (put in bowl separately and put it together an hour before we go)
-appetizer - a small fruit tray
-home made green bean casserole and the traditional can of this and that green bean casserole
-cookies.
-cool wine bottle

say a grateful pray for having today.
1. go out to car and get rest of groceries
2. put away on counters
3. start card file again
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:19 pm

bw2, you are always so positive and upbeat, even when things aren't going your way. I hope you have a good day of preparation and focus.

I've done things around the house. Still don't have kitchen island cleared but I also had a major coffee spill to deal with. I can't believe it's noon here.

I did some brainstorming looking at the online items in a fancy kitchen/gift store here, and came up with a Hanukkah gift for dh. I often get him a menorah but we're running out room so I found a fancy monogramed silver flask and 2 oz jigger. He doesn't need the jigger, he just pours, but it's also monogramed. He is horrible to buy for because he buys what he wants for himself, and he has so much stuff already. Wine, bourbon, clothes, menorahs. What else does a guy need? And then there's his birthday on the 30th of December so I need to think of something all over again.

I need to sit down long enough to charge my Fitbit.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:32 pm

Thanks for start, Twins', and for mentioning Holiday Planning Thread, which is right beside the November Arts, Crafts and Needlework Thread in (here's your slide!) The Creative Home.

I always think it's funny to say needlework thread, lol.

And you're right about blessed. She is just a consistent plus sign in a minus kind of world, isn't she?

I slept well. HRH was up through the night, though, and I imagine he needs a nap later.

He had spent his time making his stew recipe and when I opened the bedroom door, the aroma was wonderful. So, meals until our invitation to dstepdil's Thanksgiving get-together are set!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:43 pm

Hi!

Woke up to a horrid headache. Sat at the computer for a while and I was so warm in my nightie and housecoat. Realized that I'm not well. Told dh and I went back to bed. Laid there for a while reading and knitting. Because I had taken 2 Tylenol as soon as I woke up, I waited 3 hours before I had 2 Buckleys pills. Now I'm hungry, so I am making myself some chicken noodle soup. I need to get rid of this before this time tomorrow so we can go to the water park. I don't want to take this unwellness there.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:17 pm

Deleted. Too much info re: border crossing at Rainbow Bridge.
Last edited by CathyS on Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”