Happy Thanksgiving! PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Ramblinrose

Re: Happy Thanksgiving! PWYC

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:23 pm

Stopping by to wish y’all a great Thanksgiving.

Had a wonderful Thanksgiving breakfast with my son and family
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:53 pm

Washer twins are going now.
I have pants on as in jeans & walked the ddoggo.
Spiffed up my kitchen.
-----
Folded & put away one load of clothes.
Raked yard swept leaves started both rigs.
Crock pot pumpkin pie has the place smelling festive!
One more load to fetch from the basement and fold. Done.
Got my steps in for the day too.
My plate of food was a 9 x 13" pan with a cover! Oh wow!
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:16 pm

Lunch was enjoyed by all. We sat in the living room for a couple of hours visiting. DS15 delivered to his girlfriend's home. All dishes are washed, and the leftovers are in the refrigerator waiting to be eaten. Everyone has left so the house is back to normal. Thanksgiving 2023 is finished in our home.

I am liking that my 14 hours of movement is finishing two hours earlier than in the past. I always want to be moving and doing in the morning hours but as the day progresses my eagerness dissipates. By shifting my hours earlier, I have made better progress on completing my cards.

1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:00 am

Dstepdil has the assignment of writing out her recipe for roasted vegetables for me - yum. She includes cranberries. After our big meal, we watched the dog show.

Westminster was not quite finished yet when we left, but we saw so many beautiful, happy faces! Even my granddog was in a delighted mood, probably due to all the smells in the kitchen. And also, she adores HRH.

There was apple crumble pie for dessert with vanilla ice cream and I had a small bowl - good grief, what a tasty treat. No more, no more, lol.

Back home, I finished my next sewing step but before I took the pins out both HRH and I crashed into a nap, lol! Have taken the pins out now - 30 of them, so I triple checked. Don't want to get stuck by a 31st.

Dd25 brought me a pumpkin cupcake from her in-laws, plus a big sack of collards they grew.

Twins', I was going to tell you that I charge my fitness watch while I wash dishes and wipe up in the kitchen. It is about as still as I am through the day, although I guess I could do it while at sewing machine sometime. The charger is nearer the kitchen.

AND, agreeing with blessed congrats to Twins' on the gobble walk. blessed, I hope your dmother felt like joining in with extended family.

Nancy, sounds like you were well remembered after the family feast!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:39 am

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!
Especially thinking of Harmony and praying for good recovery.

We had a good day, eleven of us here. Ddil’s dad didn’t come. Has bad cold and didn’t want to expose my mom.
After everyone left, and I cleaned up the kitchen and dining room, dh and I fell asleep and I’m pretty sure I slept a couple hours! It’s exhausting having a bunch of people over and just “doing” all this. But we enjoyed it and everyone else seemed to, also. Just enough of my dressing left for dh and I to have for supper.

Off to College Town tomorrow.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”