Happy Thanksgiving! PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Happy Thanksgiving! PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:30 am

We just got home from the Grateful Gobbler 5K walk and I'm heading for a nap. I'm grateful for good health and stamina and all of our life's many blessings.

What are you grateful for today?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Re: Happy Thanksgiving! PWYC

Postby CathyS » Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:08 am

Hi!

Grateful that we have meds so we don't suffer from sniffles, coughs or colds needlessly. Indoor plumbing and washing machines and dryers. Cute little cats that like to curl up at your feet on the bed and will happily join you in a mid day nap, or a mid morning nap. Naps are good.

The sun is shining here today, but it is windy and cold.

We will be out for supper, but we haven't decided where yet.

Thank you for opening the village today Twins' Mom!
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:11 am

I am thankful for this SHE village and friends. You make navigating through life easier. You bring joy to my days.

I went to bed earlier last night, got a good 8 hours of sleep and woke up ready to get started. I am going to make a conscious effort to move my sleep time to 9pm-5am. By the time the sun sets I am out of energy, so the evening hours are not used in a productive way. It makes me feel better when I wake up earlier. I absolutely love waking up in a quiet house and having time to myself.

Recovering from covid is very real in how it zaps energy. DS15 is a healthy young person that had mild covid symptoms. He is typically high energy going full blast for 16-18 hours every day. DS15 is 5 days past testing positive and thought he was done with covid recovery once he tested negative. However, since covid he comes home from work and falls asleep. He doesn't do any of his typical evening activities. He is even taking a nap during his lunch hour. I am encouraging him to let his body heal and not push himself. He will get his normal high energy back after the healing is done.

There will be 7 of us sharing Thanksgiving meal here at High Noon. As soon as we finish eating DS15 will go to his girlfriend's home to eat and spend the rest of the day with her family.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:11 pm

I took my temp. last nite had a slight one.
Texted dson that I was not attending - he said they would bring me a plate. [Thinking that will be my dinner.]

I was up at 2:30 did my qt & journals.
Went back to bed up at 8:00 my Rx alarm alarm woke me. :mrgreen:
More coffee it had been raining.

I fished around in the freezer and found stuff for quiche I'll be making it later if I feel up to it maybe for lunch.
I have 2 froz. waffles. Not really hungry.
Game day 5:30.
Dishes are in the sink.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:14 pm

Wishing everyone a day of thankfulness, memory, enjoyment.

As usual, I just couldn't wait for the Thanksgiving Day parade, but by now have lost interest. Oh well, we see it as we walk by, lol.

I don't know whether to eat much brunch or not. I'm sure there will be so much good food in dstepdil's pleasant dining room. They have a very contemporary counter-height dining table with matching tall chairs like nice barstools. Plenty of surrounding windows in an open floor plan that lets you easily hop up and move to the large kitchen area for more food from stove, oven, lol. And that is what everyone always does! It seems more food is always on its way from the kitchen, just being brought by guests! "Did everyone get enough of these? I can bring you some." lol

I would like to take advantage of the Friday sales a little bit - most if not all online/delivery.

Our "delivery" of small storage building has been put on hold. Maybe next weekend, maybe even the next. Sigh. With each passing week of not having a way to make space for the tree, the decor, potential guests, ability to be proud of entryway, etc., I see the December I wanted slipping away a little more. I begged HRH to get busy on this, but I know there were so many other "urgencies", too. Oh, well. Physically, so much is dd25's need to ask us to "keep" boxes for her and she is too much in flux right now to do any better. So... .. Gotta be philosophical!

Have a great day, everyone! Oh, Nancy! Hope you enjoy some family dropping in with food, anyway! Feel better!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:31 pm

I am sorry I wasn't able to come back yesterday - I hope all of you had a wonderful afternoon.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

mom started to have trouble speaking - she was thinking but couldn't get it out. Yesterday, I had called her in the morning to make sure she had her meds and asked her if she ate. called again and said did you eat - eat a banana - her words were yes but her actions didn't follow through. I had a headache and had taken a nap but I should have gone over there. I called her at 5 pm to pick her up and then she word slurred.

This happened before and it was that she hadn't eaten. I am sure her sugars dropped. I went over and she hadn't taken her meds and didn't eat. I could tell by the food.

this morning - was rough for her but she is better now. yay

dd younger is walking in the woods with her dog. She will pick up mom and bring her here to make food for today's gathering. It will be interesting if she ends up balking about going to d sil's. all week she was ready to go but now is NOPE. ;) :D it's all good lol you can't say she isn't feisty.

Happy thanksgiving to all of you.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:34 pm

hello d harriet ! have a great day!

hello d Nancy - hope you feel better!!! I pray you have a very good day!

hello d lady - I too am very grateful for you and everyone here! I can't imagine life without you all!
feels better fast
have a good thanksgiving!

hi d cathy enjoy the sunshine!!!!

d twins - yay on the gobble walk 5 k wooo hoo! thank you for starting us!

hello all have a great thanksgiving.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:41 pm

ALL of my dishes are clean! ALL laundry is clean...

I have absolutely no appetite, which is too bad because we are going out for supper tonight and breakfast tomorrow.

Have a great Thanksgiving to all the American SHEs
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:42 pm

I made a yummy dish with two pieced up waffles, cut up precooked links, stirred in two eggs topped with cheese baked.

Hoping no one actually comes inside so I do not share this cold or what ever it is.
I wanted to try crock pot pumpkin pie so I thawed the dough out I'd made up ahead and got it going on the deck.
scheduled a Vid on yt of that in a bit.

If it does not taste good the dog can have it. LOL!
I still need to clean off the cutting board.

Dishes are cuttent.
Laundry is going now too.
Did some art on my Dec. bujo cover page.
Glad for progress on the middle east peace talks.

Cathy S. I've not had much appetite this week either.
Happy Turkey day!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:49 pm

My new "reel" of holiday music is a 10-inch reel-to-reel, circa 1974, from KMart, reproduced to youtube. They played these in their stores, including announcements about where you could smoke and how to get a personal check authorized at the service desk. At about this time (by '76) I was a "Red Dot" at Belk (still have my badge), and we Red Dots went to the customer to authorize the checks becaus we were a full service store (highfalutin', you know). Do ya'll remember the managers of the Kmart breaking into the music to announce the Blue Light Specials? Everyone would grip the handles of their buggies to hear what the sale was, because you never know... ..

Expecting to head over to Thanksgiving meal soon. Decided to wear my Halloween costume (well, the leaves top, lol.)

Dd25, great under pressure as all us Perfectionists are, :lol: completed 5 lovely pen and ink sketches for her in-law family. At the later-than-last minute she was here with me as I found little bags for each in my gift-wrap (blue for the men, dots for the women) and stickers to seal from my sticker drawer in the sewing room. She flew off, texted back at some stop light that I was a life-saver. Duh. Of course.

Return to “Post When You Can”