Move Forward Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Move Forward Friday

Postby lucylee » Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:47 pm

Waving to everyone!
We are on our way to College Town. This will be dh’s 67th consecutive Iron Bowl. If he makes it. We were about 10 minutes down the road, and dh had a bad coughing/strangling spell. Says he can’t get his breath. This started last night, well, really all day he felt bad, but the coughing started last night. So we have turned around to go back home and get his asthma inhaler.
Shaking my head… can’t help but worry a little about it. He says he gained 5 lbs overnight since yesterday. Some of it is Thanksgiving, but some of it is probably fluid.
I do hope he can have a good weekend. Some people would think it’s so silly, but this weekend always means so much to him.
Ds is driving and I am just enjoying turning it over to him!

Sorry Harriet’s dd is feeling so rough, and you, Kathryn, and others that may be in recovery mode.

Harriet, I don’t blame you for refusing to be rushed into the season. I have bought a good bit of gifts already, but nothing much for dgrands! It’s hard to know what to get them. No online wish lists so far.
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:59 pm

Friday weekly cards include planning homeschool lessons for all subject for the following week. This is like a splash of frigid cold water reminding me the break has an end to it. I took a peek at the calendar for next week and decided I would rather not think about it yet. I will plan the homeschool lessons today but that is all the mental effort I am giving next week. I'm going to enjoy the next 48 hours of calm before the storm of busy returns to my days.

I have started the process of gathering the fall/Thnaksgiving decorations. I usually give this process a couple days to accomplish because the seasonal decorations have become a normal part of the home and I don't "see" them. I remove all the decoration I notice and then wait until my eyes grow accustom to the plain and the remaining decorations become apparent.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:07 pm

LM I am slowly getting some things done today.
Veg are nearly done in the crock pot that I was going to take Thurs. I can do soup or something with them they smell good.
I've swept the leaves off the driveway, checked no mail.
Do you all do cyber Monday?

So glad I do not have to shop & $ is a great gift for the adults.
I got out cord for lites to go up soon.
Still rounding up turkey day decor items.
Saw a pic on fb of the craft thingie and what they had were not the items I would be interested in so skipping that.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:10 pm

LOL, Harriet. Don't hold back, tell us how your really feel!

I got the RSV vaccination - pharmacist suggested I do only one, and since I should have some lingering COVID immunity, I did as he suggested. I did google earlier and see that it was ok to get the together, but whatever.

I also took a little nap. I think it was more related to warming my hands up than actually sleeping. They feel so cold and achy these days. I need to use Voltaren on them regularly instead of of now and then.

Same here with seasonal decorations, LadyM. I brought the two small pumpkins in from the porch earlier. We'll be home from our trip on 4 December and Hanukkah starts on the evening of 7 December. I need to leave instructions for our dog sitters to hide it for me if it shows up while we're away.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:01 pm

I'm getting sicker. I only have a 2 hour shift tomorrow but there's a good chance I'll have to send dh instead. The 90 minutes I spent (2 hours by the time I was home again) did me in. I was too achy and sick feeling to eat so had a soda and rested until I was strong enough to prepare my first meal of the day at 12:45.

I then spent hours on the couch, only getting off in order to tidy a bit before dh had someone over to work on the residents' association website. I moved into the bedroom while she was here so I didn't have to wear a mask in my own home (and I turned on the air filter an hour before she arrived.)

I took an apple and some nutella into the bedroom for a snack after taking my temperature. It is 99.5 which is technically a fever for me since my normal temp is 97.3 now (used to be 96.8.) My doc says to not care about what the thermometer says but how you feel. I feel sick.

We'll have pizza tonight for dinner and punt on what dinner will be tomorrow. I need to check with ddil (formerly know as the TG!) to see whether I'm feeding dgs or not. I really feel like having pizza tonight.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:42 pm

Even though dh and I both had pasta last night, we had spaghetti and meatballs for supper tonight. We didn't buy anything for supper tonight and we didn't take anything out of the freezer.

I went to knitting and dh slept for quite a while before I even left.

Most awesome news ever is that the guy is coming to do our hallway in the morning!
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:23 pm

(((Kathryn)))
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:06 pm

I am sorry any are ill take care of you!
I rested this morning after I swept leaves and napped after lunch.
Mid afternoon the fog lifted and the sun came out.
I raked the leaves in the front yard then walked the ddoggo.

Enjoyed left overs again.
Took down the living room decor and got boxes of other Christmas stuff to put up later.
Changing my mind about the one batch of lights.
Others can go up inside by the creche' when I unbox it.
I am feeling better this evening. The sun & exercise helped as fresh air does for me.
-----
I am listening to yt a post vaccine syndrome study Dr. John Campbell
on yt. pretty interesting.
-----
Did my dishes after my before bed nap LOL!
I need to do my weekly review.
No need to do a Turkey day review as I did not participate I could say a thing or two on the food that were not my favs lol but I wont I like easy stuff like stove top stuffing, cream cheese potatoes, turkey cran. sause the basics not the new more creative dishes they had what ever those were with unfamiliar spices in them. Ugh.Fog clear to the ground double ugh.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:01 am

Ken in Canada would be a welcome helper to any Church Bazaar workday. But I am so sorry that he may be going because Kathryn feels unwell.

lucylee, I hope he manages to have a good time. Is air quality good? It seemed hazy here, and while out driving my eyes bothered me.

Although dd and I had a pleasant trip out, and it was nice to have dstepson drop by here to hang out a while, too, I feel the day has not been well-spent. I did also do some declutter/organizing but it was to get back to a previous level, not big progress.

Traffic or crowds were non-existent, so I guess by the time we went, everyone who left early for their Black Friday doin's was exhausted and back home resting? First time there was no line at pharmacy in ages. Great parking everywhere we went. Hmmm... .. We went near big-name, big-box stores but not directly into their parking areas.

Violet news
I'm "calling" yesterday, Thanksgiving Day, as the "opening day" (smile) of my first lovely bloom of the propagated violets. Fully open today. So, this has been a successful but slow, long-term commitment. It's just exactly like the mother plant's blooms. There are six plants at this "generation", 2 from leaf "Leah", who made babies first, and 4 from her sister-leaf "Rachel", and I see bloom stalks starting out on other plants from each. I thought one tried to have a bloom-stalk earlier, but blooms didn't happen, so maybe I was misunderstanding what I saw.

Return to “Post When You Can”