Support a small business Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Support a small business Saturday

Postby CathyS » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:51 am

I could have titled this "One more month", but I think it's important to support the little guys.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

CathyS

Re: Support a small business Saturday

Postby CathyS » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:54 am

Hi!

Busy day here, possibly. The hallway is getting "finished" today and he will be here at 9 a.m.

Dh has 1 customer, a neighbour, getting a tire change over.

I have already emptied the hallway and moved the kitchen table so we can use the front door if needed.

It looks sunny, but it's cold.

Steak is on the menu for tonight.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:45 am

Cathy - Thank you for opening the village today and reminding me to support small business. I prefer to purchase eggs and meat directly from small family farms/ranches. I acknowledge that it is a bit more time & effort on my part to obtain rather than just tossing the produce into the cart at the grocery store.

((((Kathryn)))) I hope you are feeling better soon.

Last night 4 of us walked through 4 places with the thought of moving to them (or something similar) after we finish raising the kids. We have 6 more years here but then we will be in a different phase of life and want to downsize. My must have features make it a challenge to find what will be best. So far, I am only finding places that are not acceptable for what I have in mind. I know we are looking early but if we find the right place, I wouldn't be opposed to purchasing it now.

I had another morning of sleeping in. My reaction when I first woke up was frustration for sleeping later than I wanted but I quickly reminded myself that I'm on break.

I've made a good start on the day with accomplishing over 20 daily and 3 weekly cards. Using cards does result in the task becoming quicker, easier and slides into something I enjoy instead of having to force myself to do.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:23 am

Up on time qt & journals done.
This is me not going shopping today.
Had coffee & pumpkin pie.
More decor items put away and to put out swaping that basically.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:38 am

I was up around 8:30 or 9 perhaps. Dh woke me up when he was heading to temple, he had fed the dog and walked h,r so she let me sleep.

We had a good time last night with dneighbors and walked home just after ten. They have a different view and it's always wonderful to sit out by a fire with the lights spread out in the night. They have a gorgeous home and backyard. A furnished pergola with an outdoor kitchen and a fire pit on the view side. All stone. She gave us a tour of their house - they two of them are both born organized - he is ex military. Anyway, an enjoyable time. Too bad more neighbors don't join us as the neighborhood was invited.

Today we're going to the river. Today is to be cloudy but no chance of rain, which is possible for tomorrow. So will be nice to be outside with friends relaxing. I assume their relatives have gone home already!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:18 pm

Unlike LadyM, I am instead dealing with having rushed a move to the small space early, when I hadn't foreseen the need for myself/ourselves. Twice today as dd25 has been helping us move small furniture/items and declutter, HRH and I have found ourselves saying that things were never really placed well when we moved because we had a week (days?) to do it before dd43's moving vans arrived at the other house, lol. So LadyM and dh will have time to move with some gracefulness, lol.

More freed square-footage for holiday changes is blossoming out, due to declutter decisions by HRH and fidgety small-furniture tweaking by dd and me. We have moved a low cabinet, an end table and an antique small corner table to wiser positions. Next up: a rocker, and I have a plan for that.

HRH made a tree decision last evening and it will be delivered the 1st Dec. I have a space for it, YAY.

What arrives today is our hopeful method to finally hang a quilt in the LR without damaging the plaster walls. If it works, I'll brag here for sure :) so you will know, and if it doesn't, well, it won't be useless or can be a donation. This was on Black Friday special, tree was not.

Dd and I have been doing laundry back and forth while working on this.

Dstepson is on his way with ladder and dd25 will help him as he blows leaves off our roof. HRH asks him, "what are you doing in your SPARE time?" which is quite a joke. He is always moving, work, work, work on his time off. I may sweet-talk him into changing a difficult light bulb, too. (ask a busy person? :oops: )

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:44 pm

I am rushing around, trying to get packed up before dbil and his girlfriend arrive. Last time they were here early and I couldn’t think anymore. I left our drinks in the refrigerator and forgot one of our phone chargers.
No shopping today, except maybe for a win. Nobody gives our team a chance.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:05 pm

I am waiting for it to get above freezing before I do any leaf removal today.
28 / 39* today's temps.
Had a snack.
me not shopping at craft fair today
no food there

Moved side table & chairs in shop stacked them up.
Check lawn mower.x
Lunch x
Pd.a bill x
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:46 pm

Moving from a bigger space to a smaller space is really hard especially when it's all at once. I am so happy you are able to donate, give time to yourself now d harriet!

hello d Nancy,
hello d Lucy,
hello d harriet
hello d lady
hello d twins
hello d cathy
hello d everyone

thinking of d harmony and d Kathryn and all.

We have been busy - my d sis in law had 33 people including my mom, who was lovely, engaged and had a ball.
Yesterday we went on our day after thanksgiving shopping day - so much fun and too much food for me.

today dd younger is going to pick up d mom and make sure she has the correct meds. mom messed them up this morning but that's okay.
dh and I will be going out to Evanston to pick up dd Youngers back pack - she said she is happy to take care of mom so dh and I can have some time together and dh loves this sort of thing!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:56 pm

I have caught up on SHE cards which means I can add a couple more. I have all these grand plans and ideas of things that I want to create SHE cards for but don't allow myself to do it unless I am able to stay up with the current cards. I must restrict myself because I am an optimist that always thinks I can do more than reality proves. I am a master of developing grand plans and overwhelming myself.

I dragged one of the 16' cattle panel across the yard and used bungie cords to temporarily tie it up, so it is spanning a raised bed garden. I needed to visually see the panel in place because I struggle to mentally visualize things. It is going to work like I hope so now I am ready to get the bolt cutters and make it happen. However, it started raining so I had to pause on this project.

DS15 is attending his 5th Thanksgiving meal. This is his 2nd Thanksgiving meal with girlfriend' (both sides of her family). Last night DS15 was invited to a friend's home for a Friendgiving meal and came home from that experience moaning that he ate too much.

I have a pot of lentils cooking. I am ready for simple food.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”