Support a small business Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: Support a small business Saturday

Postby CathyS » Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:23 pm

Well... I had forgotten how humourless this guy was. Muttering to himself and sighing regularly. He changed the door on our only coat closet. He trimmed the drywall so the wall now has a square shape where the boiler and water heater are. The guys that cut the wall to take out the water heater were a bit hasty with their cutting and cut a shape that doesn't have a proper name as far as I know. :lol: This guy had to do a bit of taping and mudding. He is leaving it to dry for 24 hours, and he will be back tomorrow at some time. The new door and the solid bi-fold doors look lovely, even though the "new-to-us" bi-fold doors haven't been hung yet. There will be new trim around both doors and around the alcove where the washer and dryer live. They stick out too much to put a door on that opening. Now we just have to choose knobs.

I have put a yam on the BBQ for dh. Just waiting to cook the steak.
Last edited by CathyS on Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:25 pm

did I hear that d lady caught up with her cards - woo hooo!!!

d cathy glad he fixed the work someone else did - even if he is a bit of a grumpy guy :D :D :D

d lady 5 thanksgiving meals - wow!!!
enjoy the lentils - I love a good lentil salad warmed.

yay on the tree d harriet! how nice that d step son and dd 25 will help with the leaves!!!

d twins - glad you had a nice time with d neighbor!

hi d Nancy
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:37 pm

3 x 5's - not one touched.

I did take dh with me to Evanston and he and I enjoyed our time!
dd younger is with d mom and she bought us dinner so that I didn't have to cook
bought one present.

I slept late after a whole day of going downtown and other places - yesterday I woke at 5 am and left at 6 to meet up with family at 7:00 - ended the day at 10 pm after a lovely Mexican dinner of 16 of the 19 girls. I wish they all could have come - one had to work, her dd is out of town with her friends family and one other that was with her mom and dad. (a neice (in law). I hope she will come one time!

see you all soon.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:45 pm

Walked the ddoggo.
Delivered a gift.
Finished my walk as ddoggo did not like the loud pow pow practice noises.
Washed crock pot.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:30 pm

Headed home… we lost. :(
But not by the 14-15 points we were expected to. The score was 27-24 and the other team scored on a Hail Mary pass in the last minute. Kinda heartbreaking, but I’m glad we kept it so close.

LadyM, I am so inspired by how well you do your cards.
Tell me something— how do you set up cards for vacuuming? Is each room separate or do you do the whole house as one card?
Same with dusting and mopping and cleaning bathrooms?
Do you do all the WHB tasks on the same day?
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:40 pm

Apparently yesterday was 'sink into despair and hit rock bottom' day as far as this cold goes. My temperature was a proper fever last night and I had a rough night's sleep. Tested again this morning and still negative. And my temperature was back to my normal both through the night and in the morning.

Again, being up out of bed made me feel better so I had tea and chocolate and then s2s and ate breakfast. Then back for a 10 minute rest (after taking a pain pill) and off to the bazaar. I managed my 2 hour shift plus a bit. It was mostly quiet while I was there.

Bonus, they forgot to pull out the squares I had made until the end so I took all but 8 home with me. Woot! And they gave me 4 butter tarts too.

Dgs2.75 had a fall at his other grandparents' (thankfully while mom was supervising!) and has a huge bump on his head. He was upset and doesn't nap there so he came to me a few hours early. It was too late to nap here so we played and watched a tv once I was too tired to play. He's been in a good mood except he didn't eat much dinner.

He said "all done" quite clearly after just having some homemade tostitoes, so I let him down over dh's objections (when he uses words I feel like we should follow through on the social contract and acknowledge his wishes.) He played for a little bit while we still eating our dinner, then disappeared out of view and came back with his blankie and tried to drag me to the bedroom to put him to bed. As it was only 5:45, I managed to distract him and he went down for the night at 7:30.

I checked my temperature both after getting home from the church and after getting dgs in bed and it is elevated but just a degree, not a fever or near fever. And I don't feel lethargic, just tired after a long day, poor sleep the night before and the coughing. My aches are also gone.

I got the load of laundry I started at 2 finally hung up to dry. Then I got to work on the repairing the diaper bag. Dgs' dog had chewed through a hand strap about a year ago and I had offered to repair it in February. Then in the past month he nearly chewed through the backpack strap so the repair became critical. Both are fixed now, using a canvas strap that was off something, I have no idea what. But I saved it, and a leather hood off an old coat and they both worked for the repair. Since I had to empty the diaper bag to do the repair, I remembered to take my container of cheerios back. Bonus!

I'm off to bed now. We assume dgs will sleep until at least 6, possibly 7. I hope I can have a good night's sleep and that the cough doesn't bother me too much.

Return to “Post When You Can”