Stay a While Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Stay a While Sunday

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:46 pm

wrote earlier but didn't hit submit....

I am on track and have this strange feeling like I'm not running behind. I am aware of this feeing because it isn't my normal.

This morning we are adding a 13 year old to our vehicle going to church. She is the sister of DS15 girlfriend. DD12 and her have never met so it is unknown how they will interact. DD12 has some autism type challenges like not making eye contact and not easily interacting with people so we have taken time this morning to discuss this new person and possible ways to interact.

After church we are going to the mountain refuge and eat at a popular restaurant. Then we will make the drive to return the girlfriend and sister to their home in the country. I'm thankful for a vehicle that can comfortably transport 7 adult size people.

I have the first 4 hour of step goal accomplished. Sundays are especially challenging to get a perfect hourly steps score because of sitting so much while driving and attending church.

---------

We also added another 15 year old male to our vehicle after church. We had a full vehicle and a lively table at the restaurant. Teenagers can eat a lot of food! I know this but seeing it happen still amazes me. After eating lunch, the kids went outside while DH and I stayed to pay ($185). When DH and I walked outside the restaurant we found the teenagers next door EATING ICE CREAM! They had just finished eating 4 appetizers plus a large meal. Where do they put all that food?!

The 3 extra kids were delivered to their home, so we are back to our normal numbers and normal (for us) noise level.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:11 pm

waving good night and sweet dreams!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:17 pm

The soup was good. Not outstanding, but it was a good, hot meal.

It has been pouring rain here for a few hours. The pipes are gurgling. Baby cat is crawling over my keyboard... LOL!!

I have gotten the dishwasher unloaded and reloaded. It's doing the dishes for me. I also cleared the dishrack on the counter and I have refilled it with clean pots and pans and knives and wooden utensils. All the metal ones go in the dishwasher. There are 3 pots left to do and then it's done for the weekend. YAY!!

I've been working in the biography section of my books, which are almost all in the bedroom. Man, there are so many of them. I haven't finished the top 5 rows yet. Each bookcase has 3 shelves, plus there is a sixth bookcase on another wall. I am really trying to get rid of some of the books. Instead, I open one at a random page and start reading as I sit on the edge of the bed. No wonder this job always takes me so long... I am enjoying it though. I love getting lost in a book. It was my childhood escape that became my adult escape.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:30 pm

I clean the master bathroom here incrementally, too LadyM and lucylee. It makes sense to me because the tasks are genuinely different, but I know that the "finish!" feeling is missing. So far, I'm happier, though. (for instance, both toilets same time) Vacuuming could go either way but I am another who does not know how long it takes for every corner to be touched with that wand!

My heart is light because while I took a brief nap, dd25 sketched, and surprised me with a very close approximation of the Christmas card idea I shared with her. Love it. And very far along on Nov 26. She will ink caption lettering (which I had better come up with pronto), then take the pen and ink and capture into digital to add vibrant colors.

HRH and I have had greens and beans tonight with pumpernickel bread. He is experimenting with timing how long greens steam, and I am ignoring him. I like my greens well steamed, but he's convinced he'll like them more if they are less cooked.

I must go and face Mount Dishmore.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:04 am

Reset, relax and revive yourself.

That sounds so wonderful, Harriet (and Cathy)!
Blessed, I did rest without guilt this afternoon. I took a couple hours to nap after church before hitting Wmart and all the Sunday afternoon chores.
Sunday is such a hectic day around here, with trash coming on Monday morning and usually one or both dgrands underfoot.
This afternoon, we only had dgd. DDIL took dgs back to urgent care during church because his cough was so bad. His stomach is still bothering him and he just felt miserable. No fever, and still negative for strep, so he went home with rx cough med, decongestant, and zofran.

MMMM.... French toast with cinnamon bread sounds sooo good, Cathy!
Homemade soup sounds good, too, Nancy and Cathy -- and quite impressive, too! ;)

It is windy and cold here too, but we went out for supper at Krystal and then got ice cream at Dairy Queen. :roll: That was all dh could think of that might taste good to him -- he probably has the same crud dgs has, but he did make it pretty well through the ballgame. He says he can't stop on this one, his 67th. MUST go to Tuscaloosa next year -- although it is going to be hard to win on the road, and then he'll have to come back to Auburn for #69... and he really hopes he can live to make #70. I do hope his health holds out for three more years and he can see us win at least one more Iron Bowl. :)

I pull for whoever is playing AL

Yep, Twins... Go Bulldogs, now, right? LOL...
It WAS a hard loss, but I think it bothered dh much more than it did me. He hated sooo much the way we lost on that very last minute play... but I was just kinda relieved we kept it close like we did. We were 14 or 15 point underdogs, and with a new coach and everything... I just feel like we are on the upswing, and as CBS noted, we have one of the only five or six coaches alive who has beaten Nick Saban more than once.
Then I couldn't keep quiet, and made a tacky remark on FB about a tacky remark their qb made in the heat of the moment that was caught on tape.
Deleted my remarks and have tried to be nice the rest of the time since last night.
Where are you headed Wednesday?

Oh, that is hilarious, Harriet, the way dd is managing her future fil! I love it!
LOL at "falling into" the car, too. When my dad first bought a Corvette... six months after I got married, I might add... he took my maternal grandfather for a ride in it. DGF said he wouldn't have a car he had to "lay down to drive." :lol: :lol: :lol:
BTW -- that is so great that she can do these Christmas cards for you!! That will be a gift in itself to all who receive them!

LOL at the teens at lunch, LadyM!
I wish I could eat like a teenager, and burn calories like they do!

Oh, Cathy, I love getting lost in a good book, too! Sometimes I have trouble making myself put DOWN my phone and pick UP the book, but when I do... I read late into the night Friday night. Everyone was asleep or gone to bed in another room before dgd fell asleep, and she was "scared." I offered to sit with her, and read by the light of my phone flashlight, and even after she quickly fell asleep, I couldn't put my book down.
(It's called The Brickmaker's Bride, and I bought it at my dcousin's estate sale. It's right after the Civil War and the widow of a prominent brickmaker in West Virginia has sold the brickyard to a Scottish immigrant and his nephew. It's pretty clear her daughter is going to end up marrying the immigrant, but there are a lot of obstacles right now.)

Thank you so much for the answer re: cards for the "WHB" type tasks, LadyM and Harriet!
I cannot imagine vacuuming every day, LadyM, but like you said, my situation is so much different -- just dh and me here most of the time, and neither of us does much outdoors anyway, so we're not bringing garden dirt or animal dirt, etc, in every time we come through the door. No pets, and the dgrands are only here on the weekends, for the most part. And I am the only person who really wears shoes indoors! DH and both dgrands kick off their shoes the minute they come inside. (Thank goodness dh puts his away. I'm working on the dgrands' habits.)

I have all my vacuuming on one card, supposedly weekly, but more realistically, every second or even third week. I have it divided by hard floors and carpeted areas, and different rooms. I know it takes approx 30 minutes to do all the floors in the main area of the house, and about 30 minutes to do the master bedroom and bath. (But I do the countertops/etc in the master bath because hair and powder, etc, accumulate.)
I do not have the three less used rooms timed -- guest room/hall/bath, study, and dgrands' room. And I don't do them every time I do the main rooms.
I have bathrooms the same way, with the three bathrooms separated but all on one card.
I'm still working on timing and separating dusting.
These are all supposed to be WEEKLY tasks, but except for bathrooms, they do not get done weekly. :oops:

I have conquered Mt. Dishmore tonight, however -- emptied dishwasher, washed the few items in the sink, and I have the kitchen all put to rights. ;)
I ALSO have changed a toilet seat this evening! YUCK. Did I tell y'all the toilet seat broke during Thanksgiving -- either while dbro or his wife was using it? :oops: :oops: And under the hinges where it broke... DOUBLE YUCK.
I washed a load of the dgrands' clothes this afternoon also, but they are still in the dryer.
As I mentioned before, went to Wmart, put away groceries, took the trash to the road, did my allergy shots, sent email for refills, sent email to church secretary re: prayer requests, and watered my one scraggly plant.
:?: * Has anyone ever successfully trimmed a tall skinny corn plant and had it grow back healthier? This one is 44 years old, taller than me, and one stalk that only has leaves at the top. It reminds me of Moe the Stooge.

The only thing left for my Sunday chores -- refill my weekly med containers and exercise.

I am headed to the tv to catch up on Chicago Fire reruns and The Gilded Age. Hope you all have a great week!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”